SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
What begins?

Vigilantism

Happened here (South of the river), a guy mugged a deliveroo (whatever) driver and then lots of other ones went out looking for the mugger. The mugger had a big knife too - People are getting a bit annoyed with crime now. So you know.. They'll just start chopping off hands.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Please tell me this is sarcasm.

Yes and no. Yes, because the scummer won't be threatening people with a machete any more, will he? And no because it shouldn't come to that.

Bonus round, he gets a new 'street' name, ol'stumpy

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I disagree:

Perhaps the EU can be a shining light showing that it requires the cooperation of multiple independent military forces to gain consent to deploy to "fix" what they would send soldiers over to fix.

Because if one thing tells us anything - military deployment has pretty much been an abject failure for a fucking long time. What makes the EU think they'll do better? We should use our defence forces for defence.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

Im seeing more and more of these stories, probably due to algorithms etc.

Some of them, sure, schools are being a bit nazi these days, but this kid? 'mix up' put on his money jumper and white trainers. Alright.

It's a shame that parents torpedo their kids school life by going to the press over stupid stuff.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
"Dope leaves it to the very last minute to order correct school uniform"

Feel sorry for the kid.

SilverHood

FH is my second home

Some of them, sure, schools are being a bit nazi these days, but this kid? 'mix up' put on his money jumper and white trainers. Alright.

It's a shame that parents torpedo their kids school life by going to the press over stupid stuff.

I remember when I started school in England. I was with my dad to see the school headmaster, it was a Tuesday or Wednesday, and he said something like "We looking forward to seeing you on Monday in full school uniform. If you can't get the uniform sorted by then, then let us know and we'll push back your start date".

The uniform was more important than me going to school! My dad suggested I go anyway, but hell no! Being the only kid out of 800 students out of uniform? Not a great start. In any case, I'm pretty sure they would have sent me straight home. Thankfully we could buy it on the weekend, but it wasn't cheap. Think it came out to about 400 quid all told. From then on, everything except school ties and blazers were bought from Marks and Spencer.

We did have some kids occasionally show up as transfers from other schools, and if they wore their old uniform in full, they were allowed to mingle with the rest of us. Halfway through year 9, they changed the blazer pocket logo and the school tie, but you could wear the old one until you finished school, so we had 2 different pocket logos and ties for a few years. One new year 7 tried to get away with using his older brothers blazer, with the old pocket.... that was nipped in the bud. All new year 7's had to wear the new uniform.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

School are definitely nazis. Mum is a moron. Couldn't she just have given the kid a note? Or emailed the school beforehand?

"Dope leaves it to the very last minute to order correct school uniform"

Feel sorry for the kid.

To be fair this has been an issue with school uniforms here as well because the government kept pissing around with the retail opening date. We couldn't get new tracksuits for the kids and we tried to contact the sports shop (the only stockist) as far back as July. They had an online ordering system but everything was marked as out of stock and no one responded to mails. When they opened the shop in August people were queueing around the block.

DaGaffer

I remember when I started school in England. I was with my dad to see the school headmaster, it was a Tuesday or Wednesday, and he said something like "We looking forward to seeing you on Monday in full school uniform. If you can't get the uniform sorted by then, then let us know and we'll push back your start date".

The uniform was more important than me going to school! My dad suggested I go anyway, but hell no! Being the only kid out of 800 students out of uniform? Not a great start. In any case, I'm pretty sure they would have sent me straight home. Thankfully we could buy it on the weekend, but it wasn't cheap. Think it came out to about 400 quid all told. From then on, everything except school ties and blazers were bought from Marks and Spencer.

We did have some kids occasionally show up as transfers from other schools, and if they wore their old uniform in full, they were allowed to mingle with the rest of us. Halfway through year 9, they changed the blazer pocket logo and the school tie, but you could wear the old one until you finished school, so we had 2 different pocket logos and ties for a few years. One new year 7 tried to get away with using his older brothers blazer, with the old pocket.... that was nipped in the bud. All new year 7's had to wear the new uniform.

My school was exactly the same, and to make things worse, you had one uniform in the first year and then a completely different uniform from the second year on. And both were bonkers expensive. And the uniform code covered everything from type of shoes to macs and overcoats. Weirdly if you played rugby you had to wear school kit, but if you were playing football or doing cross country you could wear what you liked. I never did figure that one out.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Right, but white trainers and a jumper with SWAG on or whatever?

DaGaffer

Right, but white trainers and a jumper with SWAG on or whatever?

I have no knowledge of the kid's circumstances. It might be all he has, although you can deffo get a plain kids school jumper in Primark for about a fiver.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
My school was exactly the same, and to make things worse, you had one uniform in the first year and then a completely different uniform from the second year on. And both were bonkers expensive. And the uniform code covered everything from type of shoes to macs and overcoats. Weirdly if you played rugby you had to wear school kit, but if you were playing football or doing cross country you could wear what you liked. I never did figure that one out.

At one of the other local schools, the shirts had the schools logo too. I don't wanna think about the cost. We had an optional school wooly jumper.
Our Physical Education PE kit was a bright orange full armlength collared shirt, synthetic material for easy drying, with black shorts and black tube socks. Alternatively, we could wear white t shirt, white shorts and white socks when indoors, or when playing tennis. I had an issue, in that we moved house, and my PE kit disappeared during the move. I had white t shirts and black shorts, so that's what I wore for about a year. Eventually my kit showed up, and I remember my PE teacher remarking that I was finally back in proper kit. In fairness to them, they had 5-10 kids every week who would rather take the Friday detention than play sports, and I wanted to participate, so they let it slide.

I think my brother got called out for having red dots on his black socks at his school or some other similar nonsense. Got detention and a note to the parents... our mum was not impressed!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Had a rare McDonald's today as plans had been torpedoed. I am not really keen on the salty badness. Won free burger on one item and a free drink on another, ffs.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Will admit I haven't had a Maccies in a while now, did have a Whopper with Cheese and Bacon at the weekend though, and it was most righteous.

Going for Wimpy this weekend. Awesomeness.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Another strange Frazzle induced dream
I was in an art gallery looking at this tiny painting the size of a playing card
The gallery owner wandered upto me. She had this annoying habit of spitting whilst speaking.
I asked her how much it was
She said "300"
I took out £300 from my pocket and handed it to her
"No, Sir" she laughed "its £300 million"
"£300 million ?! For that ?!"
"Yes, Sir. Its been appraised by our finest valuer"
"Your valuer is an arse", I said, and I grabbed her hat, ate it, and scuddled out of the shop sideways, whooping like Zoidberg from Futurama

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Wow. When did I become so poor?!

Just logged onto booking.com. Trying to find a room for one night in manchester city centre. Absolutely nothing below £380. For one night!

I can get 7 days part-catered in a place in Courchevel in July - breakfast, make your own lunch, dinner (with wine) for £220. It boggles my mind that a night in fucking Manchester of all places want holiday-abroad type of money!

DaGaffer

Just logged onto booking.com. Trying to find a room for one night in manchester city centre. Absolutely nothing below £380. For one night!

I can get 7 days part-catered in a place in Courchevel in July - breakfast, make your own lunch, dinner (with wine) for £220. It boggles my mind that a night in fucking Manchester of all places want holiday-abroad type of money!

Its because loads of UK hotels are operating at reduced capacity because they have no staff, so they're clawing back anyway they can.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Its because loads of UK hotels are operating at reduced capacity because they have no staff, so they're clawing back anyway they can.

Yeah. Less staff, less guests even if people are not travelling abroad atm. Hotels I normally stay at when I travel are charging well over double their normal prices.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I have never understood expensive hotel rooms. You go to them, get changed, go to sleep. So long as it's got a kettle and a comfy bed, I am happy.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
20210917_160930.jpg20210917_164451.jpg20210917_164440.jpg20210917_164431.jpg

Hand over next Friday, the sports pavilion we have had built as a parish council.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I have never understood expensive hotel rooms. You go to them, get changed, go to sleep. So long as it's got a kettle and a comfy bed, I am happy.
Yeah. Unless you're trying to impress a bird.

When you're visiting a city you're out in the city. Who spends time in a hotel room? You may as well spend time in bed at home. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Wij
Top Bottom