SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
"When"? And Frances deal with Australia is nothing to do with us...or lack of deal now.

Lol, of course it is.

America wanted to trade subs with Australia instead of France, so they approached the Australians and took us along because we won't say no.

This has nothing to do with international safety, this is to do with the Americans transfering global security to local players and getting them to pay for it, and getting us to pay for it diplomatically :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well, it doesn't affect me on any appreciable level. We don't eat much bread and when we do it's actually *real* bread - not the shit the UK passes off for bread.

However, adding stuff to ingredients is nothing short of medicating a whole population - with risks - to cover the nutritional gaps of a tiny portion of the population who refuse to eat their greens.

It's taken 30 years of campaigning to get to this point - largely because medication of populations without consent is clearly unethical.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Well, it doesn't affect me on any appreciable level. We don't eat much bread and when we do it's actually *real* bread - not the shit the UK passes off for bread.

However, adding stuff to ingredients is nothing short of medicating a whole population - with risks - to cover the nutritional gaps of a tiny portion of the population who refuse to eat their greens.

It's taken 30 years of campaigning to get to this point - largely because medication of populations without consent is clearly unethical.

Ok. We already have foods "enriched" with vitamins...let alone water supplies with fluoride in it...
But I get your point. For those that are pregnant just get them to take some folic acid tablets. Simples

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ok. We already have foods "enriched" with vitamins...
Totally.

I'd put the exclamation mark around "foods" too though. If they're processed in a way that they can be "augmemted" they're not food in my book - just "edible products" ;)

Gwadien

Totally.

I'd put the exclamation mark around "foods" too though. If they're processed in a way that they can be "augmemted" they're not food in my book - just "edible products" ;)

What about rich people, are they food or edible products?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What about rich people, are they food or edible products?
If I'm reading you right you're trying to say that rich people can afford real food but poor people can only afford processed crap?

If that's the case then the fact is real food is cheaper than processed crap. It means a time investment in cooking - and I don't buy any of the "working class folk don't have the time to cook proper meals with kids running about and a job at the same time" - because my poor, idiotic working-class single-mum managed to do exactly that with three kids running about - and we ate no processed crap.

No sympathy for lazy idiots tbh. Cook fucking proper food. It's not hard.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
If I'm reading you right you're trying to say that rich people can afford real food but poor people can only afford processed crap?

If that's the case then the fact is real food is cheaper than processed crap. It means a time investment in cooking - and I don't buy any of the "working class folk don't have the time to cook proper meals with kids running about and a job at the same time" - because my poor, idiotic working-class single-mum managed to do exactly that with three kids running about - and we ate no processed crap.

The calories per pound are arguably more in processed food than ‘real‘ food.

try getting the calories in a cheese burger for 99p from mcdonalds in real food for that price. Without eating pure lard or something.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

How can people be expected to keep up with Eastenders and whatever other inane shit they watch on TV if they have to prepare food? Be reasonable!

Gwadien

No, I was making a let's eat the rich joke.

But ok.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No, I was making a let's eat the rich joke.

But ok.
Ah. OK. It had occured, but I couldn't find the actual funny in it so I was thinking you were making a political/social statement :)

The calories per pound are arguably more in processed food than ‘real‘ food.
You can try to argue this but it'd be wrong.

There are 313 calories in a single McDonalds Cheesburger. @99p that's pretty shit compared to buying and cooking proper actual food yourself from ingredients. And, importantly, - nutritionally it's not a patch on actual food. (And I'm not posting the science on nutrition vs calories to you for a fourth time).

It's a silly argument to try to make.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Ah. OK. It had occured, but I couldn't find the actual funny in it so I was thinking you were making a political/social statement :)

You can try to argue this but it'd be wrong.

There are 313 calories in a single McDonalds Cheesburger. @99p that's pretty shit compared to buying and cooking proper actual food yourself from ingredients. And, importantly, - nutritionally it's not a patch on actual food. (And I'm not posting the science on nutrition vs calories to you for a fourth time).

It's a silly argument to try to make.
I didnt argue that its nutritionally crap. Just for 99 pence the calorie count is important to people without money. Rather than the nutrition.

i am saying its cheaper per calorie to buy processed food. Than it is raw ingredients and make a meal of the same calories.

you are arguing a point i wasnt making.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I didnt argue that its nutritionally crap. Just for 99 pence the calorie count is important to people without money. Rather than the nutrition.

i am saying its cheaper per calorie to buy processed food. Than it is raw ingredients and make a meal of the same calories.

you are arguing a point i wasnt making.
*sigh* go back and read the post again.

1) I said the calorie argument your making is bullshit. It's cheaper to cook more calorific meals than you get from 99p cheeseburgers.
2) I added the nutrition argument. And to add to that argument - if people think calories are more important than nutrition then they're not only wrong, they're also morons.

Yes. It's the time of night for italics :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
*sigh* go back and read the post again.

1) I said the calorie argument your making is bullshit. It's cheaper to cook more calorific meals than you get from 99p cheeseburgers.
2) I added the nutrition argument. And to add to that argument - if people think calories are more important than nutrition then they're not only wrong, they're also morons.

Yes. It's the time of night for italics :)
Ok you have made a statement without an example. Please show me said calorific fud home made with more calories which isnt just sugar or fat.

you just make a statement without proof.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ok you have made a statement without an example. Please show me said calorific fud home made with more calories which isnt just sugar or fat.

1) You made the claim without evidence that the cheesburger calories at 99p were cheaper than real food - so you prove it.
2) Just to call you on your bullshit - I'd already stated that a 99p McD's cheesburger is 313 calories - so it shows you that I'd taken your unsusbstantiated claim seriously and at least bothered to double check.
3) You always argue against the basic and obvious stuff about diet because you've a stick up your arse about it.

If you cook, it's much cheaper and more nutitious per calorie. Prove me wrong if you want to. I'm done arguing over the obviously stupid with you.

Gwadien

Do you really think people think 'I wonder what the calorie count is' when buying fast food? :S

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
1) You made the claim without evidence that the cheesburger calories at 99p were cheaper than real food - so you prove it.
2) Just to call you on your bullshit - I'd already stated that a 99p McD's cheesburger is 313 calories - so it shows you that I'd taken your unsusbstantiated claim seriously and at least bothered to double check.
3) You always argue against the basic and obvious stuff about diet because you've a stick up your arse about it.

If you cook, it's much cheaper and more nutitious per calorie. Prove me wrong if you want to. I'm done arguing over the obviously stupid with you.
Nutrition has very little to do with it for those on low incomes. I doubt they measure all the nutrients they are eating. More than this makes me full and its cheap.

you bring nutrition into something that isnt as high up on the list of important things. Otherwise millions of kids wouldnt get sausage chips and beans every day.

and add in the energy you use making it, gas electric etc. and actually you dont get 99pence of food to use its less than that.

and the mcdonalds was one throw away example. Its well known that processed food is calorie rich and cheap.

i dont have a stick up my arse about diet. You have one up yours and you always argue it. What you cannot see is that people on low incomes have different priorities to you.

Last edited:

Gwadien

Nutrition has very little to do with it for those on low incomes. I doubt they measure all the nutrients they are eating. More than this makes me full and its cheap.

you bring nutrition into something that isnt as high up on the list of important things. Otherwise millions of kids wouldnt get sausage chips and beans every day.

and add in the energy you use making it, gas electric etc. and actually you dont get 99pence of food to use its less than that.

and the mcdonalds was one throw away example. Its well known that processed food is calorie rich and cheap.

i dont have a stick up my arse about diet. You have one up yours and you always argue it. What you cannot see is that people on low incomes have different priorities to you.

The problem is that you seemingly see it as a given and there's nothing that can be done about it.

It's not even a Libertarian 'do what you want' point a view.

It's more of a 'whats the point trying to do anything about it' point of view.

It's almost like you want their diet and therefore their health to be a low priority and that's acceptable. :S

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
The problem is that you seemingly see it as a given and there's nothing that can be done about it.

It's not even a Libertarian 'do what you want' point a view.

It's almost like you want their diet and therefore their health to be a low priority and that's acceptable. :S
It is what it is.

the best way out is to make sure everyone has adequate money. The easiest way to that is to pay everyone enough. A national wage. but like i said many times capitalism works because of the number of people who you pay shit wages to propping up those who have the money to look after themselves and more.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

This.

He's full of shit. It's easily demonstrably cheaper to get more calories (and nutrition) by cooking food than by buying processed shit.

If people are too thick - or, rather, lazy - to lean the basics of life then they frankly deserve their poor health, poor outcomes etc. etc.

Poverty <> bad diet.

Lazy = bad diet.

Gwadien

It is what it is.

the best way out is to make sure everyone has adequate money. The easiest way to that is to pay everyone enough. A national wage. but like i said many times capitalism works because of the number of people who you pay shit wages to propping up those who have the money to look after themselves and more.

You're literally telling us the reason why the Tories are despised by so many.

Mainly because you're wrong, but also because you don't actually give a fuck.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
If you are holding down two jobs due to poverty you probably have things you would rather do with your precious spare time rather then cooking.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If you are holding down two jobs due to poverty you probably have things you would rather do with your precious spare time rather then cooking.
It's clear that lots of people have, to quote you, "things they would rather do" than feed their kids good nutitious food every day. - and it's absolutely their choice if that's how they want to feed their children at the point in their lives where their bodies are most sensitive to nutritional imbalances. But I give zero shits if they don't like the "lazy" label for choosing that - because that is absolutely what they are.

After my dad (and main breadwinner) died my mum got two jobs - and managed to cheaply feed very good food every single day to three kids despite burgeoning secret alcoholism.

It wasn't fancy, or particularly varied. But it was good, balanced, freshly cooked food. Every single day - because she couldn't afford McDonalds, or takeaways (I honestly can't remember ever having a takeaway at home). Cooking was a thing she did until we were old enough to chip in and do it ourselves for the whole family.

Choice and priority.

Gwadien

It's clear that lots of people have, to quote you, "things they would rather do" than feed their kids good nutitious food every day. - and it's absolutely their choice if that's how they want to feed their children at the point in their lives where their bodies are most sensitive to nutritional imbalances. But I give zero shits if they don't like the "lazy" label for choosing that - because that is absolutely what they are.

After my dad (and main breadwinner) died my mum got two jobs - and managed to cheaply feed very good food every single day to three kids despite burgeoning secret alcoholism.

It wasn't fancy, or particularly varied. But it was good, balanced, freshly cooked food. Every single day - because she couldn't afford McDonalds, or takeaways (I honestly can't remember ever having a takeaway at home). Cooking was a thing she did until we were old enough to chip in and do it ourselves for the whole family.

Choice and priority.

I dunno how clear cut it is to blame it on laziness too though.

I'd argue a large part of it is a status/consumerist thing too.

Which is obviously silly and misguided but you gotta climb your own local greasy pole even if it leads to nowhere.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I dunno how clear cut it is to blame it on laziness too though.

I'd argue a large part of it is a status/consumerist thing too.

Which is obviously silly and misguided but you gotta climb your own local greasy pole even if it leads to nowhere.
If you can't separate the basics - feeding yourself good real food - from "status or consumerism" (?!) then maybe* you're not lazy, but you're 100% a moron.

*but you probably are

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom