SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Not one of those deranged transformer things? Or an older one?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I hardly eat any fish. But everything contributes.

Not really. That's an argument that we like to use to make ourselves feel better - plastic straws for example the impact is negligible.

Fishing and the industry around it is the problem.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not really. That's an argument that we like to use to make ourselves feel better - plastic straws for example the impact is negligible.

Funny. Monibot article making exactly that point this morning...

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Hmm, don't eat much fish myself, but after seeing Moonbat's name involved, I really fancy Haddock and Chips.

Might have to wait until tomorrow though, I'm told it's dead cow for dinner.

Om nom nom.

Gwadien

Funny. Monibot article making exactly that point this morning...

Aye, I watched that doc.

Whilst it's clearly a vegan making a point I think they were pretty good at getting a non-puritan message across; sure don't be a vegan but if you wanna do anything stop eating fish because it's way more damaging than land farming plus there's a massive human cost too.

Stories of slavery on fishing ships and captains putting a bullet in someone's head if they don't like them... Ya. I guess you could use it as an argument to why you should support British farming, because at least we know we use eastern european slavery ;)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I like fish though, had cod and chips last night from the chip shop. Fish pie this Saturday.

We need better practice, sure, but there is no reason the North Sea can't be sustainable.

Local lamb tonight, indoor bred unfortunately, spring lamb isn't ready yet. Buy local where you can but don't feel too guilty about not so local.

Gwadien

I like fish though, had cod and chips last night from the chip shop. Fish pie this Saturday.

We need better practice, sure, but there is no reason the North Sea can't be sustainable.

When I worked at Wetherspoon their cod was farmed by the Chinese in Alaskan waters; I wouldn't count on your chip shop using a sustainable source tbh.

Oh, and the sustainable source mark on fish? That's bullshit according to that documentary and they go and interview one of the companies that gives out the 'marks' and it turns out they just give it to anyone and cross their fingers that they are sustainable.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

But fishing and use of plastics are not mutually exclusive ways to be better environmentally.

any less plastic use is good.

any less unsustainable fishing is good.

so back to the original point that you diverted. Lets not make huge amounts more of ketchup sachets and have people go and buy their own ketchup in glass or recyclable containers.

Gwadien

But fishing and use of plastics are not mutually exclusive ways to be better environmentally.

any less plastic use is good.

any less unsustainable fishing is good.

so back to the original point that you diverted. Lets not make huge amounts more of ketchup sachets and have people go and buy their own ketchup in glass or recyclable containers.

No, because a VAST majority of the plastic in the sea is from fishing.

Obviously all plastic in the sea is bad, but the impact of not using ketchup sachets will be negligible, as is straws (which as been proven) but it makes us feel better about it because we've done something easy to fix something that obviously isn't going to be fixed that easily.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yes, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't eat fish, it means we should change our methods and modernise.

Gwadien

Yes, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't eat fish, it means we should change our methods and modernise.

How though? Farming has proven to be worse for the environment than bottom trawling.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I have no idea. I'm not a fishing expert.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
No, because a VAST majority of the plastic in the sea is from fishing.

Obviously all plastic in the sea is bad, but the impact of not using ketchup sachets will be negligible, as is straws (which as been proven) but it makes us feel better about it because we've done something easy to fix something that obviously isn't going to be fixed that easily.

It's not just plastic in the sea. It's plastic in the general environment. So cut out the plastics also. Don't ignore and say irrelevant as it's not.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
How though? Farming has proven to be worse for the environment than bottom trawling.
Send people oout with rod and line or manual diving for scallops etc.
and accept that there isnt enough / good ways to get enough fish to feed everyone.

you bought up the part about it being in the sea. I was just saying we dont need more sachets anywhere. No specific place

but that will only be via government intervention on a global scale.

caplitalism will try and supply more and more as the price goes up with rarity.

we use more plastic on land than on the sea. each is a finite use of fossil fuels. So while decreasing plastic in the ocean is good. Its not just that which is a concern. And every little bit of use thats stopped like straws is good. Not just because of the small chanc eit will end up in the sea. But because it helps in carbon and landfill as well.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
North Sea cod.

Rod and line.

Some of those fuckers are over a metre long.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
North Sea cod.

Rod and line.

Some of those fuckers are over a metre long.
Makes great sport :)

Well. It would if we hadn't bottom-scraped and trawled or seas to death. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom