SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
He isn't in a good way is he. Entire leg has been crushed. Lucky to be alive.
Very unlikely he will play golf again really.

Not good. To be fair Ben Hogan came back from far worse, but Tiger was already pushing being the bionic man with amount of surgery he's had, so might be a bit touch and go. Fingers crossed considering how much he's done for the game over the years.

Not sure if he was stoned - sounded like he was rushing to a TV appearance and lost it.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Vaccine Passports being pushed by leftie wankers again.

The narrative is all about who hasn't been vaccinated and how do we prevent them going to the pub.

The real argument is - by June the vast majority of us will be immune from Covid with only tin-foil-hatters and conspiracy wankers left unvaccinated. So why should all of us who've been vaccinated have to prove it to get into pubs and restaurants? "Papers Please" at every door.

What a horrible infringement of our civil liberties.

Frankly, if covid is still a threat post-vaccination then it'll be killing idiots at that point (yes, there are bound to be exceptions). And whilst I fully support all the life protecting actions we've taken so far there does come a point that it has to end - and that point is when all the willing have been vaccinated.

So between April and July we can keep our social distance, drink outside pubs, not show our identity card papers to the social stazi and then carry on with life, rather than succumb to fear.
But not being vaccinated is bad for society. It increases the chance of a mutation as there are more people who can be affected.
so i guess the question is should society put up with this risk. Or should it ensure those who didnt want to vaccine are kept out of circulation as much as possible so the mutation chance is lower?

i dont think its as black and white as you paint it.

before you go off on one i dont know what the answer should be just that its not as simple as you paint it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
How about we just tattoo 'nutter' on anti-vaxers foreheads?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Vaccine Passports being pushed by leftie wankers again.

The narrative is all about who hasn't been vaccinated and how do we prevent them going to the pub.

The real argument is - by June the vast majority of us will be immune from Covid with only tin-foil-hatters and conspiracy wankers left unvaccinated. So why should all of us who've been vaccinated have to prove it to get into pubs and restaurants? "Papers Please" at every door.

What a horrible infringement of our civil liberties.

Frankly, if covid is still a threat post-vaccination then it'll be killing idiots at that point (yes, there are bound to be exceptions). And whilst I fully support all the life protecting actions we've taken so far there does come a point that it has to end - and that point is when all the willing have been vaccinated.

So between April and July we can keep our social distance, drink outside pubs, not show our identity card papers to the social stazi and then carry on with life, rather than succumb to fear.

Going by the prevailing wisdom the anti-vaxxers and tin foil enthusiasts will all be immune as well - given they probably didn't follow lockdown particularly well, so have probably all already caught COVID at least 5 times, so should be immune or dead.

As for vaccine passports, I can sort of get behind them for international travel, as needing a vaccine to get into certain countries isn't a new thing (yellow fever for eg), but to go to Tesco or the pub? Fuck that. Far too close to "Papiere Bitte" for my liking.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
before you go off on one
I won't go off on one but will simply say - do you want society to revolve around the actions of arseholes?

i.e. should all the sensible people in the UK have to have their lives interfered with even more because arseholes exist? Because if we make that case for Covid - then you make that case for a shitload of other things.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Or just introduce useful national ID cards as in other countries - my vaccination records could be accessed that way and I have no issue with it - it would mean that I did not have to carry a vaccine pass with my Passport or National ID

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Or just introduce useful national ID cards as in other countries - my vaccination records could be accessed that way and I have no issue with it
We don't want nor need national ID cards in Britain thanks.

We get along without them just fine, so "useful" isn't what they'd be - to create new obstructions to national life is their only potential use. If you don't have ID to do stuff now, introduction of new forms of ID can only be used as an obstruction - an additional layer of "show me this, or you're not entitled" - to stuff we can already do without it.

We've already been through that national debate under the last Labour government and it was roundly thrown out. Labour, of course, are pushing again using fear of Covid as their excuse.

But we'll be vaccinated by July - so what's the point? I'm hoping BoJo is just talking shit with his "considering vaccination passports" talk - because he can 'consider' them for a few months then say "yeah, thanks, but we don't fucking need 'em".

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I won't go off on one but will simply say - do you want society to revolve around the actions of arseholes?

i.e. should all the sensible people in the UK have to have their lives interfered with even more because arseholes exist? Because if we make that case for Covid - then you make that case for a shitload of other things.
It would be more like the people who don’t want it will be inconvenienced for those who have they would be able to go around doing what they like.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It would be more like the people who don’t want it will be inconvenienced for those who have they would be able to go around doing what they like.
With this sort of shit, the law-abiding (who don't need managing) will comply and be inconvenienced. The wankers will kick off and circumvent as much as they can, cause costs and make disruption and not care anyway.

And the problems and costs that are caused by these wankers will fall on the law-abiding again.

Or we could just let the wankers be wankers (and like @Bodhi said - there's a good chance they're already on the "had it" bandwagon anyway) - and we can go about our lives free from state interference and full of a vaccine that keeps us safe. (And on projections, we'll achieve herd immunity anyway - so margin arguments (mutation) don't hold sway tbh).

Ormorof

FH is my second home
You already have a defacto national id in the form of passports, a pseudo national id in form of driving licenses

I have a national id here in Finland its not really that different except i have far more control and visibility over what happens to my data as i only have to deal with one organisation rather than multiple.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
You already have a defacto national id in the form of passports, a pseudo national id in form of driving licenses

I have a national id here in Finland its not really that different except i have far more control and visibility over what happens to my data as i only have to deal with one organisation rather than multiple.

I think the point is, you don't have to carry your passport or your driving licence around with you and the only people that can ask to see your driving licence anyway are the police in a traffic stop. They can't ask to see it if they stop you in the street etc. Unless they have stated that they suspect you have committed an offence they can't legally ask for your name either...well they can, you just have no obligation to give it.

While there are obvious benefits of a national ID scheme, I don't trust our government one bit.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I think the point is, you don't have to carry your passport or your driving licence around with you and the only people that can ask to see your driving licence anyway are the police in a traffic stop. They can't ask to see it if they stop you in the street etc. Unless they have stated that they suspect you have committed an offence they can't legally ask for your name either...well they can, you have no obligation to give it.

While there are obvious benefits of a national ID scheme, I don't trust our government one bit.

The same could be applied to an ID document...except it could be multi use like have your drivers licence on it for instance.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
We have ID.

We don't have to carry it and we cannot be asked to produce it (even cops have to give you a "producer").

You might like onerous ID requirements @Embattle but the 'we' I referred to was the we who supported denying ID cards introduction / kicking them out at the last ask.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Really? What ID would that be then?
Passport. Drivers licence.

Used at specific times and for specific purposes.

Bit of a surprising question. I thought you'd be aware of the existence of these.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Passport. Drivers licence.

Used at specific times and for specific purposes.

Bit of a surprising question. I thought you'd be aware of the existence of these.

not everyone has those so what do they have?
And they are not really ID as you need more than those to prove that you are who you say you are if you're taking out a mortgage for example.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
not everyone has those so what do they have?
And they are not really ID as you need more than those to prove that you are who you say you are if you're taking out a mortgage for example.
True - but from a technical standpoint that's actually a good thing, not a bad.

Multiple less secure forms of ID whilst less convenient are actually preferable to a single highly-trusted source.

That's the last I'm saying about that though - all those arguments were had during the last time Labour pushed for ID cards.

The question is: do you want to rollout national ID cards for a problem that can be solved by June.

Or even a vaccination passport. We open mid-April, all vulnerable groups have first vaccine shortly afterwards.

What's the point?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

No you don't. A passport is optional, a driving licence is optional, a national ID card is not.

There are many positive reasons for ID cards, and I gnash my teeth when I see how easy it is for people in the Nordics to interact with the State or their bank or whatever. Then I remember the British government are never to be trusted (irrespective of party) and remind my self why ID cards are incompatible with Britain. Ironically in Ireland people are leery of ID cards because of Britain as well. It would make things easier for the fuckers if they came back.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography

It is the same in Sweden

Ormorof

FH is my second home
No you don't. A passport is optional, a driving licence is optional, a national ID card is not.

There are many positive reasons for ID cards, and I gnash my teeth when I see how easy it is for people in the Nordics to interact with the State or their bank or whatever. Then I remember the British government are never to be trusted (irrespective of party) and remind my self why ID cards are incompatible with Britain. Ironically in Ireland people are leery of ID cards because of Britain as well. It would make things easier for the fuckers if they came back.

National id cards in Finland are optional...

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Doesnt take much to be able to ask for ownership details from a reg number as many cowboy parking firms can atest. Make it visible, make it controlled by the individual. No issue from me.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
We have ID.

We don't have to carry it and we cannot be asked to produce it (even cops have to give you a "producer").

You might like onerous ID requirements @Embattle but the 'we' I referred to was the we who supported denying ID cards introduction / kicking them out at the last ask.
I dont remember that referendum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom