SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I say cyclists should be under licence to be there too.
That's because you're a bitter old man.

1 death a year on average caused by cyclists.

2000 deaths, many multiples of that injuries, many more that from pollution and all of the environmental devestation of the automobile industry.

It's just bitter asshattery of some members of the public - in the same way that many would like to give vegans a kicking. (Mainly because a number of vegans are holier than thou, so we get to hate them all).

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
it looks very pretty although is it me or is that video struggling to render and when it changes view it is slow to focus?

Syri

FH is my second home
The big problem with reducing motorway speeds to 60 to fight pollution is that the biggest polluters are the trucks, that can't go above 60 anyway. It's going to reduce nothing... It might even make things worse in some areas if it starts to cause more tailbacks. I agree that something needs to be done, I'm just not convinced that's the right step to take.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The big problem with reducing motorway speeds to 60 to fight pollution is that the biggest polluters are the trucks, that can't go above 60 anyway. It's going to reduce nothing... It might even make things worse in some areas if it starts to cause more tailbacks. I agree that something needs to be done, I'm just not convinced that's the right step to take.
Yeah, I don't understand how driving for longer helps reduce pollution.

Embattle

FH is my second home
It doesn't really work that way:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Motorways should have the top speed increased to 90 on the outside lane.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
All the emissions damage is taking place in urban driving; messing around with motorway limits will do fuck all.

Incentivizing people out of diesels, and quickly, would be a far more effective strategy.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
It doesn't really work that way:

Then how does it work because my car is far more fuel efficient on a motorway than any other type of diving

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I always thought accelerating quickly was the worst thing, but cruising at any speed is OK.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I always thought accelerating quickly was the worst thing, but cruising at any speed is OK.
It takes more fuel to keep at 70 than keep at 60 because of friction and air resistance. But you are right acceleration to get there will burn more fuel.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
There are many variables involved with the ideal speed for the best mpg, in general however if everything was equal it wouldn't happen at 70 mph but even worse is people tend to read 70 mph as 80 mph.

That link literally says:
Interestingly, the most fuel-efficient roads in the country are not quiet extra-urban dual carriageways or 20mph city streets, they are motorways. This is where you can leave the car in top gear and gently cruise along, using minimal fuel.
So we're still targeting the wrong thing. Roads need to be better designed to improve traffic flow.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I'm not saying there aren't other aspects to improving MPG and pollution but I'm also not not going to deny that 70 mph in majority of cars isn't the most fuel efficient speed either.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
That link literally says:
So we're still targeting the wrong thing. Roads need to be better designed to improve traffic flow.
Iirc most cars are most fuel efficient cruising at around 56 mph. But even at 70 or 80 its still better than constant break accelerate of urban driving.

personally on the motorways i usually cruise around 84 or something.

Gwadien

Gwadien

I saw an article yesterday how murderers that are children will get life sentences in the future.

Now this.

American prison system heeeerrreee wweee commmeee.

I would say its a Conservative approach, but its not, its gonna be a profit approach :)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South

I saw an article yesterday how murderers that are children will get life sentences in the future.

Good?

You know, the law is there for a reason. If you break it and kill somebody - guess what - Prison.

I think some crimes should face the death penalty but you know, ethics are a thing.. (The major crimes)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom