SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
What does that even mean?

Are you implying that Liberalis = Nazis and you = communists???
Its an anology...bit dodgy posting them here when people chose to take them literally.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Its an anology...bit dodgy posting them here when people chose to take them literally.

I think it's a good analogy to be honest.

Considering most eastern Europeans hated Russian occupation more than Nazi occupation.

Job

No it was based on his last days in the bunker.

Job

Binge watching air crash videos.

The Flight channel is superb.

Kenya airways flight 507 took off without permission and then both pilots let go of the controls and it flew into the sea.
The comments are hilarious from Kenyans.

View: https://youtu.be/fvBuDmxwyRQ

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Well i can see where the usa obesity problem lies.

Been here four days.

Cant find diet soda except coke except in the super markets.

All the restaurants have unlimited something or other (fries, shrimp, and all have unlimited soda)

Every other advert on tv is for fast food. And relatively its cheap. Cheaper than the UK.

Went the the cinema. And could only get popcorn slathered in butter or ‘Gourmet’ which basically means incased in sugar. Not just sweetened like the uk one is.

Its hard to get salads that are not covered in high fat dressings.

Im trying to avoid as much as i can but will still need a diet when i get home i am sure.

This country needs reform from top to bottom :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If anyone's been to Chamonix or Verbier or northern Italy (or that area of the Alps) and has suggestions of places to go / eats / visits / spas etc then they would be very much welcome.

Heading there on Monday after getting royally twatted this weekend :)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
If anyone's been to Chamonix or Verbier or northern Italy (or that area of the Alps) and has suggestions of places to go / eats / visits / spas etc then they would be very much welcome.

Heading there on Monday after getting royally twatted this weekend :)

I've been but only during ski season!

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Well i can see where the usa obesity problem lies.

Been here four days.

Cant find diet soda except coke except in the super markets.

All the restaurants have unlimited something or other (fries, shrimp, and all have unlimited soda)

Every other advert on tv is for fast food. And relatively its cheap. Cheaper than the UK.

Went the the cinema. And could only get popcorn slathered in butter or ‘Gourmet’ which basically means incased in sugar. Not just sweetened like the uk one is.

Its hard to get salads that are not covered in high fat dressings.

Im trying to avoid as much as i can but will still need a diet when i get home i am sure.

This country needs reform from top to bottom :(

I can confirm this is true. Well it's certainly been my experience given the amount of time I've spent in the US in the last several years (almost more time there than back home). What other country is it cheaper to buy coke than bottled water?!

Other pets hates - it's pretty much impossible to get fresh milk. Everything is basically UHT

Even the so called healthy outlets like Chipotle or Subway the meats seem to be processed to a within an inch of being edible and taste like they contain 50% salt.

Their chicken definitely *does not* taste like chicken. Despite what Trump tells you their chlorinated chicken is horrendous.

I never want to go to another American Italian restaurant in my life. The food is universally disgusting.

Job

Been to Chamonix loads of time skiing and summer mtbing.

Great night life, lots of posh people called Tarquin and rich Russians.

Usually pissed every night, bit expensive

Job

Jesus fucking Christ Ed Sheeran's tats, what the fuck is going on.

Screenshot_2019-08-15-21-38-49-1.png

Job

Hes influencing other idiots to mutilate themselves.

Gwadien

Hes influencing other idiots to mutilate themselves.

And you're influencing people to discriminate based on skin colour.

I know who I prefer.

I don't even like Ed Sheeran.

Job

You didnt find a single one...remember?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Just had a sudden massive sneeze and a snot flew out somewhere in the kitchen. I can't find it :eek7: :unsure: :eek6:

I could pretend it doesn't exist :whistle:
But if she steps in it or puts her hand in it...

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I can confirm this is true. Well it's certainly been my experience given the amount of time I've spent in the US in the last several years (almost more time there than back home). What other country is it cheaper to buy coke than bottled water?!

Other pets hates - it's pretty much impossible to get fresh milk. Everything is basically UHT

Even the so called healthy outlets like Chipotle or Subway the meats seem to be processed to a within an inch of being edible and taste like they contain 50% salt.

Their chicken definitely *does not* taste like chicken. Despite what Trump tells you their chlorinated chicken is horrendous.

I never want to go to another American Italian restaurant in my life. The food is universally disgusting.
Cant wait to get back to the uk and some proper non processed food.

Oh and only streaky bacon. No back bacon ffs. And cheese is mostly terrible.

Job

Cant wait to get back to the uk and some proper non processed food.

Oh and only streaky bacon. No back bacon ffs. And cheese is mostly terrible.
Healthy...Subway

So you went to fast food outlets and are calling American food....well..fastfood.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Subway is a junk food outlet, always has been, no matter how they market themselves.

You can eat good food in the US but you have to be really selective where you eat and you'll pay for it.

Problem with being really selective is as a holidaymaker unless you're visiting someone who knows where to go you've no hope.

We're not far off it in the UK tbh - but we can spot shit food outlets a mile off as we're used to navigating our own disaster food outlets.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

Yeah but the US has In and Out Burger. Your criticisms are invalid.

Seriously though some of the best meals I've ever had were in the US. I had a frankly stunning steak in The Barrymore in Vegas (great restaurant, I'd give the pool a miss though), an awesome grill just outside of Mount Laurel in New Jersey and more than one fantastic breakfast in Joe's Cafe in Santa Barbara. Only chicken I can recall eating over there is hot wings, which is the only part of a chicken I actually like, and they didn't seem any different from what I have over here. I also really enjoyed the burger I had at the Heart Attack Grill in Vegas, but that was more down to the atmosphere in the place itself (eat your food or you get spanked).

Biggest issue I have with food in the US is portion sizes - even if you go for steak and salad, you get a mountain of salad that could quite easily stock the aisle in our local Tesco. Other than that it's no different to over here - sure you can order some "meat" from their equivalent of a kebab shop, or go somewhere decent. With all the review sites they have (TripAdvisor, Yelp etc) finding somewhere good isn't too challenging at all.

Job

Im not arsed about food....high calorie , salty , chips pizzas, fried chicken.

Fancy dining is utterly wasted on me and I dont give a fuck about 'healthy' food.

If there was some evidence outside of lots of calories make you fat, I would.
Bit there isnt...its just hippy junkscience, your arteries fur up becausec of your genetics, not eating processed food.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Yeah but the US has In and Out Burger. Your criticisms are invalid.

Seriously though some of the best meals I've ever had were in the US.

In and Out are hugely overrated. Their only claim to fame seem to be that they are better than McDonalds or Burger King. They are still really bad.

Don't get me wrong I agree there is some good food in the US in *individual restaurants*. As you say there are specific locations that are great. Best steak I've ever eaten has been over there. However we were talking about the general every day stuff, comparing like-for-like. Tesco vs Target etc then the US loses every time.

Gwadien

In and Out are hugely overrated. Their only claim to fame seem to be that they are better than McDonalds or Burger King. They are still really bad.

Don't get me wrong I agree there is some good food in the US in *individual restaurants*. As you say there are specific locations that are great. Best steak I've ever eaten has been over there. However we were talking about the general every day stuff, comparing like-for-like. Tesco vs Target etc then the US loses every time.

I find the high street is becoming full of these American restaurant chains who manage to some how build enough hype so that people go for the experience, rather than the food.

Five Guys is a prime example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom