SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I've checked, it all goes on advertising and subsidising driver wages to undercut the competition.

Which seems wholesome.

So its not just a phone app then. It is a real life business. Amazing hey?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It doesnt have half the overheads of a traditional company.

Its just spending money to destroy the competition and once that is done its going to need to pay it back and guess who'll be paying.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
It doesnt have half the overheads of a traditional company.

Its just spending money to destroy the competition and once that is done its going to need to pay it back and guess who'll be paying.

Ah finally got to the point you were trying to make. Well done.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I've checked, it all goes on advertising and subsidising driver wages to undercut the competition.

Which seems wholesome.

Well you didn't check very hard then; 2/3 of that quarterly loss was related to IPO costs and payouts. The share price drop was triggered primarily by a shortfall in forecast revenues rather than expenditure.

I detest Uber and many of their business practices with a passion (I'm not a fan of gig economy business models in general), but tolerating big losses as part of an ongoing investment story isn't unusual for techs; Amazon have been the benchmark of that model for over 20 years.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'm glad I took jobs advice on the economy post Brexit rather than the experts. Phew!

Job

I dont see a lot of advertising for Uber from that 3 billion they have spent,.I guess its targetted somewhere else.

And yes its still a fucking app..they are fighting to not recognise the drivers as employees, they dont own the cars or the bikes or the food.
They just sit there and connect you to a taxi or a kid on a bike, take the cash..cream off their bit and the hedge funds are happy because the long term plan is domination and price rigging.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I dont see a lot of advertising for Uber from that 3 billion they have spent,.I guess its targetted somewhere else.

And yes its still a fucking app..they are fighting to not recognise the drivers as employees, they dont own the cars or the bikes or the food.
They just sit there and connect you to a taxi or a kid on a bike, take the cash..cream off their bit and the hedge funds are happy because the long term plan is domination and price rigging.

Maybe you need to take another look.
Clearly your observation skills are shit.

Gwadien

They've swapped out someone sat in an office answering the phone to an app.

Why is this so evil?

Gwadien

You are aware that Brexit will bring more world domination right?

Job

I follow this kid and Im so fucking envious of his balls.
This has to be the some of the most amazing Icelandic footage out there.
From 7.00 onwards has to be the freakiest rock formations on planet Earth.

View: https://youtu.be/vh7lDPW7zYg

Job

I mean its not even the windfarms fault, but just being one of the first failures is going to bring it home to all the antifrack virtue signallers that UKs electricity doesnt appear like magic in the plugs and you need massive intertia backup production.

Not half technologies.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I mean its not even the windfarms fault, but just being one of the first failures is going to bring it home to all the antifrack virtue signallers that UKs electricity doesnt appear like magic in the plugs and you need massive intertia backup production.

Not half technologies.
I understand Drax had a fault - which produces about 7% of the UK's electricity from dirty coal. There was a root fault at a gas fired station (according to the national grid).

The main issue was the grid. You don't honestly think that the windfarm just *stopped producing* do you?

Nope - the grid failed to move energy.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
From wood pellets mostly.
Might have changed - Drax only passed it's environmental tests years back by burning very expensive anthracite for the test duration then jumped straight back to the cheapest coal source once the tests were done.

If it's burning wood pellets now... :/

Burning shit, especially solid shit, just seems such an archaic form of energy generation nowadays. Sooner we stop the better.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Wood pellets are good in that they're reconstituted "other shit" and they are orders of magnitude more clean efficient to burn (in terms of what you get out of burning it) than wood itself and they produce a fraction of the ash. But you still have to make them and get them to the power station etc.

Interestingly I saw news of a wind turbine going up in Homs in Syria...

Job

I understand Drax had a fault - which produces about 7% of the UK's electricity from dirty coal. There was a root fault at a gas fired station (according to the national grid).

The main issue was the grid. You don't honestly think that the windfarm just *stopped producing* do you?

Nope - the grid failed to move energy.
I said it wasnt the windfarms fault.

Gwadien

Wood pellets are good in that they're reconstituted "other shit" and they are orders of magnitude more clean efficient to burn (in terms of what you get out of burning it) than wood itself and they produce a fraction of the ash. But you still have to make them and get them to the power station etc.

Interestingly I saw news of a wind turbine going up in Homs in Syria...

You would have thought the Russians would have strongly objected to that.

Job

I went to the ships late last night in my van to buy some milk.
6 mile round trip.
I'll have used enough energy for about 5 baths doing that...plus the milk was refrigerated in the shop..which was lit up and also the lorry that brought it to the shop.

Pint of milk ..1 gallon of diesel.

We're fucked

Gwadien

I went to the ships late last night in my van to buy some milk.
6 mile round trip.
I'll have used enough energy for about 5 baths doing that...plus the milk was refrigerated in the shop..which was lit up and also the lorry that brought it to the shop.

Pint of milk ..1 gallon of diesel.

We're fucked

Why didn't you go on your bike?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Bad planning because you needed to go out "late last night" just to get milk, rather than planning ahead to not run out.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom