SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Your legs must be like Arnolds to move that on a singlespeed @Tom :)

Anyway, as @Deebs has clearly got uploads workin' again:

1726176892958.jpeg
(yeah I fucked up the pic as it was windy, but still...)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I still have fond memories of my old Raleigh Merlin :cool:

Tom

I am a FH squatter
This is the guy who got a railway engineer sacked for criticising safety at Euston. He's a knob, and it'll never happen.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Youtube suggested the GeoGuessr World Cup finals to me last night. I played it quite a bit years and years ago so put the stream on. The final was great, there were 3 types of rounds - one where the player can move around as much as they like, one where they are stuck in one spot but can pan and zoom and one where they literally just have a fixed image with no movement at all - 10 games in each round, best of 5 rounds, each player starts with 6000 points (iirc), the closer you are to the locaiton and the quicker you guessed the more points you take from your opponent until they have 0 and you win the game. The one guy took a 2-0 lead and then the other came back to 2-2 and it was genuinely nailbiting stuff.

Anyway, it re-ignited my interest in the game so I went to play it after the final and... you have to pay for it now? Interest instantly evaporated.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
This is the guy who got a railway engineer sacked for criticising safety at Euston. He's a knob, and it'll never happen.

To be fair, whilst I didn't get these arguments 5~ years ago, cycling delivery dudes in cities are an actual nightmare.

Get em all a car imo.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
/me Lights the touch paper

In unrelated news:

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Youtube suggested the GeoGuessr World Cup finals to me last night. I played it quite a bit years and years ago so put the stream on. The final was great, there were 3 types of rounds - one where the player can move around as much as they like, one where they are stuck in one spot but can pan and zoom and one where they literally just have a fixed image with no movement at all - 10 games in each round, best of 5 rounds, each player starts with 6000 points (iirc), the closer you are to the locaiton and the quicker you guessed the more points you take from your opponent until they have 0 and you win the game. The one guy took a 2-0 lead and then the other came back to 2-2 and it was genuinely nailbiting stuff.

Anyway, it re-ignited my interest in the game so I went to play it after the final and... you have to pay for it now? Interest instantly evaporated.

That's a shame. I used to love playing GeoGuessr and I was actually pretty good at it.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
That's a shame. I used to love playing GeoGuessr and I was actually pretty good at it.
Yeah, it's shite. I think there's a daily game like Wordle and I could maybe get my head around that being subscription-based but you can't even drop in and play a one-off random game.

The final was great, though. Their abilities to recognise languages on signs, area codes from phone numbers, horizons, road markings, types of trees etc is mind-blowing. A lot of it is studying and memorisation but it all just seems so natural when you see it live.

(the final starts at 7h27m if the timestamp doesn't work)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
To be fair, whilst I didn't get these arguments 5~ years ago, cycling delivery dudes in cities are an actual nightmare.

Get em all a car imo.

Bigger issues there with the number of people subcontracting shifts, working for peanuts, working illegally, etc. Defenders of zero hour contracts need to justify food delivery service conditions.

They all use illegally converted electric bikes because they need to keep moving and delivering to make enough money.

Urgat

Part of the furniture
@Jupitus what bike you aiming for?

Looking at a versys when I graduate to big boy bikes.

Also… not able to attach pics still. On a mobile phone if that’s makes any difference

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

Get em all a car imo.

It depends on the City/Town, they are trying to fit a square peg in a round hole half the time. We have an old disused railway line as the main cycle commute into where I work, but a lot of places (for good or bad, moot) aren't built with bikes in mind.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
@Jupitus what bike you aiming for?

Looking at a versys when I graduate to big boy bikes.

Also… not able to attach pics still. On a mobile phone if that’s makes any difference
None, to be honest! I still get pangs sometimes, but I have kind of moved on from it - I guess it's a sign that I'm getting old rather than middle-aged :cry:

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
thomas-friends-12-kids-bike-p482-5068_medium.jpg

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Where does my humour come from? well...

Pretty much, watch all the series.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
In one hand I am holding a bullet In the other a loaded gun. Both hands are at the same height above the ground.

I release the bullet and fire the gun simultaneously.

Both bullets will hit the ground at the same time

georgie

FH is my second home
In one hand I am holding a bullet In the other a loaded gun. Both hands are at the same height above the ground.

Not if you point the gun straight down when you fire it.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.

Only true in a vacuum and if it's a really big gun you'd also have to take the curvature of the Earth into account.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Only true in a vacuum and if it's a really big gun you'd also have to take the curvature of the Earth into account.
It's gotta be pretty close - they're both subject to the wind resistence from a fall, but the moving bullet may produce some lift / heat?

It's gotta be pretty damn close either way :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So, just checking my junk mail before deleting it and there's a mail from a scammer saying they're going to upload pics of me wanking unless I transfer them some crypto. What's interesting is that to all intents and purposes it very much looks like it's come from my email address (scammer says so, I can't prove it's not).

I'm just curious how one does that? I regularly get mails "from" people I used to know who aren't in my address book but a cursory click exposes them as juntyedmcwankstain@somemadeupurl.com or somesuch, but this one doesn't. Just interested on a technical level how that's achieved?

Of course, what makes me sad is that I'd very much like pics of me wanking, so I could wank to them. But they don't exist :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom