SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
WooooOOOoooOoo! Bad things happen online!!!11!11!oneeleven!!1!1!

What we absolutely should do is have control over everything online. Because if we had control over everything online, then no bad things would happen. M'kay?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Am I the only one that thinks Oasis is overrated shite? they had a few good hits, compared themselves to The Beetles, then got humbled by an actual Beetle saying "lol no" basically.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'm sick of hearing about it tbh. "Oh no I'm forced to pay stupid amounts for tickets".

No you're not.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm sick of hearing about it tbh. "Oh no I'm forced to pay stupid amounts for tickets".

No you're not.
For artists only on a cash grab as well, it's bullshit all around

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
For artists only on a cash grab as well, it's bullshit all around
Their revenue from music sales has gone, so live music is their key revenue stream, exactly what everyone who pirated an MP3 ever said was the answer. Can't whine if prices are high for a scarce resource.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Their revenue from music sales has gone, so live music is their key revenue stream, exactly what everyone who pirated an MP3 ever said was the answer. Can't whine if prices are high for a scarce resource.
Then they should have set the price accordingly, instead they set a price, that was almost instantly increased, so people who had queued for hours, desperate for a ticket, found it was 3, 4, 5 times as much as they initially thought it would be at the eventual checkout. The entire thing was manufactured.

They will probably have a massive row during the first show, and cancel the rest anyway. They're also shit live.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Then they should have set the price accordingly, instead they set a price, that was almost instantly increased, so people who had queued for hours, desperate for a ticket, found it was 3, 4, 5 times as much as they initially thought it would be at the eventual checkout. The entire thing was manufactured.

They will probably have a massive row during the first show, and cancel the rest anyway. They're also shit live.
If enough people are willing to pay for it the price is not too high

Shit for those who would like to go but life is full of choices when you have limited disposable income :)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South

Ticketmaster ask the artists about dynamic pricing when they sort the contract out for reprisentation, the price increase was OK'd by the Gallagher brothers. Blame their greed. (Also Ticketmaster are scummy, but they're only doing what was asked),

Not sticking up for TM in the slightest here, but they're only partially at blame. Blame the poor middle aged irrelevant artists who need more money.

DaGaffer

Dynamic pricing innit? Just like your Uber, you pay for scarcity. Sorry, this is the world we've built, end stage capitalism where supply and demand can be algorithmically calculated on the fly.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Dynamic pricing innit? Just like your Uber, you pay for scarcity. Sorry, this is the world we've built, end stage capitalism where supply and demand can be algorithmically calculated on the fly.

Yes, if using Uber, you wait a couple of minutes and the cost is roughly what you would expect to pay. You aren't in a manufactured queue for 4 hours, where you finally get told it will be £100 for the 5 mile trip.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Ticketmaster ask the artists about dynamic pricing when they sort the contract out for reprisentation, the price increase was OK'd by the Gallagher brothers. Blame their greed. (Also Ticketmaster are scummy, but they're only doing what was asked),

Not sticking up for TM in the slightest here, but they're only partially at blame. Blame the poor middle aged irrelevant artists who need more money.

Yes, I know that, but either Ticketmaster are running a 1990s back end, where people need to queue for 5 hours, or the entire thing is designed for maximum return. Which is fine, but ought to be A LOT clearer when entering their entirely manufactured-for-maximum-profit queue.

...and yes, I know that ultimately it is the band that decided to go with this system.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
If you don't like the price don't pay it, that's essentially the limit of power you have as a consumer. If this discussion was about something actually essential like water, or Internet access on the other hand...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
If you don't like the price don't pay it, that's essentially the limit of power you have as a consumer. If this discussion was about something actually essential like water, or Internet access on the other hand...

That's the point. Join a queue where the ticket is £150, wait 4 hours, find it's actually £500. Lots of people probably felt they had to after all that, whether they could afford it or not.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I mean 🤷‍♂️ no one forces them to pay, the fact that ticket master has shitty practices shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that has ever had to have any interaction with them

After the 4 hour queue it's 500 per ticket and a 25 service fee per ticket don't forget 😂

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If this discussion was about something actually essential like water, or Internet access on the other hand...
It's arguable that art is essential, because without it what's life worth?

We're building a world where we restrict the poor from popular art.

Edit: But it's not a hill I'll die on...

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Hasn't that always been the case?

Apparently they might have broken some laws so what do I know

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South

Apparently they might have broken some laws so what do I know

It's actually been seen as unlawful and it's being looked at. I can't find the reference for this but yeah.. People not told about dynamic pricing up front basically made it scammy.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
The EU only limiting the upfront pricing requirements to airlines was a huge mistake tbh should just apply to all

Embattle

FH is my second home
To me, the ticket price should be fixed and you can't resell it for more than the face value. I say this as someone who has never bought one so it doesn't directly affect me.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well, only since we industrialised music tbh. (although this is a whole new level). Music was something that most people participated on some level a hundred years ago. If not playing instruments, then at least singing.

My uncle is in the liverpool welsh choral. Used to go all over and it's interesting to hear him talk about going from place to place (or pub to pub) especially round here - and everywhere was rocking, every night.

Just not so much nowadays :(

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Plenty of other artists to go and see. But people are going mental over two Mancs playing with a tribute support band.

Plenty of other music acts to support. Playing in Manchester shortly:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJuDltx5akY
- £15
The The - £55 (a much, much better band than Oasis)

That's just two, this month. Why spend £500 on a pair of tossers?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Local Welsh community council opposes planning for 18 affordable homes saying they only want Welsh speakers moving in:

Regardless of the English - that discounts 83% of Welsh people.

And they also say there's enough housing. Which is true. Because the problem isn't the English. It's the lack of jobs. (And, of course, they'd all be out on their arses too if it wasn't for the rich people coming on holiday nearby)...

DaGaffer

Local Welsh community council opposes planning for 18 affordable homes saying they only want Welsh speakers moving in:

And they also say there's enough housing. Which is true. Because the problem isn't the English. It's the lack of jobs. (And, of course, they'd all be out on their arses too if it wasn't for the rich people coming on holiday nearby)...
That would be completely illegal if you were still in the EU.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That would be completely illegal if you were still in the EU.
Yep.

I sympathise with the fact that they're going to lose the welsh language. And the guy who's wanting to build the houses just wants to make some cash - and if the houses are any good it's unlikely he'll be selling to locals.

Sucks for 'em But hey ho.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber

It's stupid, we spent our holiday in Wales this year, went to a Welsh speaking fish & chip shop. Had to use translate on the phone but nobody had to change a thing. This is just fear that nobody cares that much but language is fluid, not static.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
went to a Welsh speaking fish & chip shop. Had to use translate on the phone
There's not a welsh person alive who doesn't speak English, so the fact they made you use translate makes me feel sad.

Where did you go btw?

Edit: POIDH :)

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
There's not a welsh person alive who doesn't speak English, so the fact they made you use translate makes me feel sad.

Where did you go btw?

Edit: POIDH :)
Oh, quite right but it's their place, their rules and it said so on the door so we knew what we were getting into.

Nearest place on a map would be Llanon. Pics mostly contain the youngling so limited selection

Edit: Seems the server doesn't like the uploads :|

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom