SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nearest place on a map would be Llanon.
Bit south of Aberystweth? (Had to google). Never been there, but looks lovely. I always pitched myself at the biggest mountains (and then moved here) :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Bit south of Aberystweth? (Had to google). Never been there, but looks lovely. I always pitched myself at the biggest mountains (and then moved here) :)
That's the one, it's very pleasant. Probably too near the coast if wanting somewhere central to be able to strike out across the whole country but I'm a sucker for the coastal roads

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oh, quite right but it's their place, their rules and it said so on the door so we knew what we were getting into.

Nearest place on a map would be Llanon. Pics mostly contain the youngling so limited selection

Edit: Seems the server doesn't like the uploads :|
Eh? What on here?

bt speedtest.PNG

Working for me....

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
It's stupid, we spent our holiday in Wales this year, went to a Welsh speaking fish & chip shop. Had to use translate on the phone but nobody had to change a thing. This is just fear that nobody cares that much but language is fluid, not static.

Sorry what? He spoke English. If he was using Google translate he was just being a dick

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Sorry what? He spoke English. If he was using Google translate he was just being a dick
No, more they don't want to speak English and made it perfectly clear on the door but we wanted fish & chips so just used translate because we couldn't be bothered.

That's why the article about people saying "zomg, we'll lose our language if you build those houses" is bullshit, we live in a time where people can still interact even if people choose to make things difficult.

Eh? What on here?

View attachment 49449

Working for me....

It lets me pick stuff, then the progress bar goes across and I get nothing else, can't insert the thumbnails, etc. Maybe it's a Firefox thing?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
No, more they don't want to speak English and made it perfectly clear on the door but we wanted fish & chips so just used translate because we couldn't be bothered.

That's why the article about people saying "zomg, we'll lose our language if you build those houses" is bullshit, we live in a time where people can still interact even if people choose to make things difficult.

It lets me pick stuff, then the progress bar goes across and I get nothing else, can't insert the thumbnails, etc. Maybe it's a Firefox thing?
Making it perfectly clear on the door is still being a dick. It really fucking is. And I bet if Chinese tourists walked in with broken English he wouldn't be a cunt about it.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South

The numbers being quoted (Financial) in this are meaningless. "The cost is now $22BN, and it'll cost another $5bn, and will be delayed another decade+" -- Well, if you're trying to solve global power problems and breakthrough science, just absorb the cost. The potential money to come out of this (even from a science perspective) DWARFS the investment to get to that point. If they can get it done there, the continual iterations and smaller eventual sites will just be worth it alone. Gotta start somewhere.

Very interesting watch though.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The numbers being quoted (Financial) in this are meaningless. "The cost is now $22BN, and it'll cost another $5bn, and will be delayed another decade+" -- Well, if you're trying to solve global power problems and breakthrough science, just absorb the cost. The potential money to come out of this (even from a science perspective) DWARFS the investment to get to that point. If they can get it done there, the continual iterations and smaller eventual sites will just be worth it alone. Gotta start somewhere.

Very interesting watch though.
I agree that the financial numbers are meaningless, but it's also meaningless in terms of delivering power in any of our lifetimes - in fact, likely in the lifetime of any human alive today.

Even if they do solve it in the next 60 years and have a blueprint for construction that we can actually use, it'll still be limited rollout after that. We're 100 years away from rolling this out in any meaningful way.

It's cool. But the excitement around it is frankly unwarranted.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I agree that the financial numbers are meaningless, but it's also meaningless in terms of delivering power in any of our lifetimes - in fact, likely in the lifetime of any human alive today.

Even if they do solve it in the next 60 years and have a blueprint for construction that we can actually use, it'll still be limited rollout after that. We're 100 years away from rolling this out in any meaningful way.

It's cool. But the excitement around it is frankly unwarranted.

Fun when you get the NGOs who are spinning this stuff up faster making it even quicker. Look at Space, it was all Government funded then a billionaire went "lol I'm bored" and now we're probably decades ahead in terms of tech/engineering. Just need that for power. Unless we decide every piece of spare land is now solar?

Small scale nuclear power within 60 years.
Larger/Country/Continental? 100+

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think it's value to mankind isn't actually in it's power generation (well, not today anyway - but we'll want to use *loads* of power in the future, so maybe when it comes online we'll have a use for loads of 'em). I think it's what we're learning right now that's most useful.

But this:
Unless we decide every piece of spare land is now solar?
When the finanical crash happened in 2008 we spent trillions bailing out the banks. It caused a real depression in the head of the UN's environmental wing because for a trillion dollars he could have solved the carbon crisis with existing tech - solar. He said he'd have put 3 giant solar farms in our deserts - the Sahara, the Gobi (and I can't remember which other). They're spread around the planet so a couple of them would always be producing power. Enough power, apparently, to power the entire planet's needs.

A lof of the money was to build secure global transmission grids. Again with existing tech.

But, of course, we didn't do that.

Urgat

Part of the furniture
2024 Kawasaki Ninja 125
Just while I’m on my CBT

Looking at my first proper bike being a Versys 650 GT

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Motorbike didn't even enter my head :)

I'd kill myself if I got one. (Or someone'd kill me)... Enjoy tho!

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
2024 Kawasaki Ninja 125
Just while I’m on my CBT

Looking at my first proper bike being a Versys 650 GT
Ello Ripeye, old chum!! I'm having the 'get a bike' mid-lifer too, you're not alone :ROFLMAO:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ello Ripeye, old chum!! I'm having the 'get a bike' mid-lifer too, you're not alone :ROFLMAO:

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I did my motorcycle training a few years back. Bought a Husqvana Svartpilen, but sold it a couple of years later once covid hit and I wasn't working (before any grants came along).

I wouldn't mind another but I have other priorities for now.

husqvarna-svartpilen-401_41746246540_o.jpg

Tom

I am a FH squatter

meh don't believe all that frame comfort claptrap. I have a titanium bike. The three most important things are tyres, saddle, and handlebars. All that online guff about "omg this absorbs so much" is bollocks - a diamond frame is rigid front-back up-down.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
meh don't believe all that frame comfort claptrap. I have a titanium bike. The three most important things are tyres, saddle, and handlebars. All that online guff about "omg this absorbs so much" is bollocks - a diamond frame is rigid front-back up-down.
Got a Ti Cotic Soda with Ti cranks and Ti handlebars.

Harsh as fuck. But really good fun to ride ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom