SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Had bran flakes for breakfast, beans on toast for lunch, and having a curry tonight. The Mrs isn't impressed. Laughing after every fart doesn't help.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Had bran flakes for breakfast, beans on toast for lunch, and having a curry tonight. The Mrs isn't impressed. Laughing after every fart doesn't help.
Thank fuck that doesn't give you the runs.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I was on the loo all night more or less... 6 fucking times or so, my arse feels like it's been banged my times than stevie wonders fucking toes.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Dutch oven tonight?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I was on the loo all night more or less... 6 fucking times or so, my arse feels like it's been banged my times than stevie wonders fucking toes.
Don't laugh but I have been eating quite a bit for a while to gain strength and weight. I now have a bag with my shit stabber in it next to the toilet. Completely forgot about it being there and my sisters, son, daughter hell every fucking one has been to use the toilet with a stick in a big amazon bag next to it.

Oh and if thought that was the worse of it, oh no, sometimes the stick is not enough so the bag also has like a 2 metre length of 2.5mm twin and earth cable folded in half and twisted together for getting the s-bend clear.

Think I asked if I could get the kids to cover the stick in glitter but got told to fuck off.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Work till you drop people. Pension should raise to 71 or higher...

Apparently what's driving this is "preventable ill health". And that by the age of 70, 50% of the population are disabled with preventable problems.

Although the article doesn't pinpoint the reasons plenty of other articles have - it's a lifetime of very poor diet and lack of exercise.

So for me - we should be legislating to make unhealthy food really expensive and the tax on that should go into pension provision.

Additionally, if you've got to the point where you're disabled at 70 because you've refused to look after yourself physically then your healthcare costs should come out of any inheritance you plan to pass on. It shouldn't be down to the other half of the population to work 'till they drop to subsidise you.

Thoughts?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Congrats :)

If you don't mind me asking, was it a problem for you or did you just fancy knocking alcohol out?

I did Jan>April last year and am doing similar this year - not because I have a problem with alcohol but because I have a propensity to overconsume everything. Too much partying is my problem so I'm a bit of a yoyo-er. (But getting better).

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Congrats :)

If you don't mind me asking, was it a problem for you or did you just fancy knocking alcohol out?

I did Jan>April last year and am doing similar this year - not because I have a problem with alcohol but because I have a propensity to overconsume everything. Too much partying is my problem so I'm a bit of a yoyo-er. (But getting better).

I was turning into a cunt and pushing the people around me away basically so a friend and my wife got me off it, being housebound it was a bit easier as my wife just stopped buying me it and removed my credit card so I couldn't buy it myself and have it delivered.

Been using energy drinks as a substitute which is also unhealthy as fuck but they are helping me keep my mind off it... I'll give them up too at some point when I feel comfortable enough that I don't need them as a crutch anymore.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
6-Months sober

Not gonna lie, I miss it but I'm happy I'm off it.

Same here. I kinda stopped cold last August.

Had a drink 3-4 times since, the hangovers were brutal. I did have almost daily intake before that.

Stopped alcohol, trying to eat a bit less fatty, nothing fried - lost 10kg just doing that.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Work till you drop people. Pension should raise to 71 or higher...

Apparently what's driving this is "preventable ill health". And that by the age of 70, 50% of the population are disabled with preventable problems.

Although the article doesn't pinpoint the reasons plenty of other articles have - it's a lifetime of very poor diet and lack of exercise.

So for me - we should be legislating to make unhealthy food really expensive and the tax on that should go into pension provision.

Additionally, if you've got to the point where you're disabled at 70 because you've refused to look after yourself physically then your healthcare costs should come out of any inheritance you plan to pass on. It shouldn't be down to the other half of the population to work 'till they drop to subsidise you.

Thoughts?

Don't disagree, but flip-side, if you're still fit and healthy at 70, then it's off to work with you.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Don't disagree, but flip-side, if you're still fit and healthy at 70, then it's off to work with you.
So we should ban the idea of the state pension then?

Work your whole life in a job you might hate (70% of people do) - generally for the massive profit of someone else - and then drop dead when they can't rinse any more out of you?

If that's the case - I want a massive tax rebate on all my NI contributions for my whole life :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I think if you've contributed 50 years of work toward society, you should have a few decades to chill and relax. Otherwise, what are we working for? To enrich the already-rich?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think if you've contributed 50 years of work toward society, you should have a few decades to chill and relax. Otherwise, what are we working for? To enrich the already-rich?
Yep. All of the "productivity gains" for the last 70 years have gone directly into the pockets of the rich, rather than shared equitably around the people doing the work.

Wealth cap is required. Nobody should have anything more than, say, 100 million - total. On pain of death. The rest needs to be shared between the people who've earned it, health, education, scientific endeavour and the environment.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Yep. All of the "productivity gains" for the last 70 years have gone directly into the pockets of the rich, rather than shared equitably around the people doing the work.

Wealth cap is required. Nobody should have anything more than, say, 100 million - total. On pain of death. The rest needs to be shared between the people who've earned it, health, education, scientific endeavour and the environment.
Why 100 million?
Let's be honest nobody "really needs" more than a million.

*Edit And nobody "needs" more than one house to live in.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Why 100 million?

I could spend a million quid in 15 minutes. And I certainly couldn't live off a million for the rest of my life to the same standard of living I have now, not even close (I know exactly what the number is and it's several times more than a million).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Why 100 million?

It's not about need. You have to cater to want. And want is clearly a normal and natural part of being human - and there's nothing wrong with that.

I picked, not quite arbitrarily, 100 million, because it's an incredible amount of money that the vast majority of humans will never get near. But it's also not so much money that it utterly distorts our democracy and completely ruins the planet. Add to that, the money we'd make back from the multibillionaires would easily be enough to end global poverty and much, much more than that - the excess wealth continually created with a "wealth ceiling" would advance human society immesurably - and with the causes I mentioned we'd be in with a shot of surviving then next few hundred years.

Without an outright wealth cap, I doubt very much we've any chance at all tbh.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I could spend a million quid in 15 minutes. And I certainly couldn't live off a million for the rest of my life to the same standard of living I have now, not even close (I know exactly what the number is and it's several times more than a million).
My solution to the standard of living question is a significantly poorer standard of living, but many thousands of hours in (relatively) cheap hobbies that I enjoy :)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
We spent £160 in Tesco this morning. I carried 6 bags in from the car. She had 4 bags. I left her to unpack. I go to the loo. 10 minutes later its all packed away and she's got the kettle on! :clap:

It takes me 2 minutes to open a bag of apples for Chrissakes!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
a6qAGL2_460s.jpg

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yeh I am in the same boat @BloodOmen. I buy physical when possible if only to launch the cd at the floor when I die for the millionth fucking time. Oh and I want to be able to take the media with me to say my families houses.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Yup. Why I never bought an digital stuff outside of games.

One of the reasons I think physical media is still so important going forward, because companies can pull this shit and then try to resell you it X years down the line.

My sister uses a lot of these digital libraries, even though we have our own system.

Users who are viewing this thread

• TdC
Top Bottom