SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Certainly looks better than the last one. It was *so* gangster it put me off in the first hour. I didn't want to spend time with the characters because they were all so awful.

Console only at launch and that launch is 2025... so prob looking at 2026-2027 for PC release.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Console only at launch and that launch is 2025... so prob looking at 2026-2027 for PC release.
So, maybe 2030 when I buy it in the sale for less than a tenner.

To be fair, i'll prolly still be playing BG3. :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
By 2025 I don't think I'll have played the 8 million games I've bought on Steam and not played yet.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
This is what I hate most about the left (and the incoming labour government):

There's an actual fucking leak of highly radioactive material at Sellafield. Couple of tonnes a day. One we've no idea how to contain.

But people are making paedo jokes and acting like people do...

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
For the first time in many years I had a proper cup of tea. Made in a teapot. In a proper cup. Tasted so much better than a teabag given a 15 second stir in a mug.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
This allows you to watch youtube in chrome bypassing the "ad blocker detection" screen with an adblocker in place
Works for now....

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
a3ZOVAe_460s.jpg

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Would have been so much better if she had her norks out instead

( . Y . )

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Just watched a couple of videos of a guy explaining in meticulous detail how to connect to the dark web.

Unless you want to order an assassination or have heroin delivered to your house or you're a hacker, whats the point of the "dark web" ? I've never felt I was missing out on not using it. Am I missing something ?

View: https://youtu.be/U2-JPqrALsA?si=huJUYckkjjNEQGh0

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I just bought some xmas lights that play a stupid song and flash, based on movement, I am going to put them on the porch to irritate the piss out of my stepdad, who cannot just pick being outside his front door or inside, so spends his day going in and out, triggering my ring doorbell.

I picked one of hundreds, based on this pic

Untitled.jpg

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Does anyone have any inside knowledge of the car rental industry? Something quite peculiar has been happening to me lately; I've had to rent cars four times this year, and three of the four times I've received a vehicle upgrade, every time to an electric car. Today I landed at Gatwick and I'd booked an economy manual hatchback. The guy said "your car is a Peugeot 208 or you can have this for an extra 30 quid and you won't have to charge it before you drop it back"
PXL_20231209_143951745.jpg
Suffice to say I paid the 30 quid.

So my question is, is this normal? Are rental companies being incentivised to push EVs or something? Because not only am I getting these cars, but this is across two different rental companies in two different countries.

(Car is lovely inside but I'm not a fan of the looks).

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I hired an EV in Sweden for the same price as an ICE car. It's a no-brainer IMO, they're much better.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So my question is, is this normal?
Dya reckon they've limited EV stock and they're using passengers as mules to move 'em to different areas?

You not getting an onward flight from Gatwick to the land of Guinness and terrorism* then?

Edit:
*and exceptionally well-painted housing stock...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Macron's a proper cunt isn't he:

"This is something that shouldn't be allowed to happen again," said Yonathan Arfi who heads the Representative Council of French Jewish Institutions (Crif).
"French Jews have always considered secularism as a law of protection and of freedom. Anything that weakens secularism weakens Jews"

Hear hear.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Does anyone have any inside knowledge of the car rental industry? Something quite peculiar has been happening to me lately; I've had to rent cars four times this year, and three of the four times I've received a vehicle upgrade, every time to an electric car. Today I landed at Gatwick and I'd booked an economy manual hatchback. The guy said "your car is a Peugeot 208 or you can have this for an extra 30 quid and you won't have to charge it before you drop it back"
View attachment 48454
Suffice to say I paid the 30 quid.

So my question is, is this normal? Are rental companies being incentivised to push EVs or something? Because not only am I getting these cars, but this is across two different rental companies in two different countries.

(Car is lovely inside but I'm not a fan of the looks).
I'd guess them sitting around not moving is not great for their longevity

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Dya reckon they've limited EV stock and they're using passengers as mules to move 'em to different areas?

You not getting an onward flight from Gatwick to the land of Guinness and terrorism* then?

Edit:
*and exceptionally well-painted housing stock...

Nah, I'm just over to visit my Mum for the weekend, so I'm not dropping off to a different area. And I wasn't for any of the other upgrades either, which, thinking about it, were all in different airports as well.

I just find it so odd, I've been upgraded with hire cars before, but never had an upgrade from an economy hatchback to an 80 grand saloon. I'm actually wondering if the manufacturers are incentivising the rental companies to push EVs; it would be a smart way to give people road tests of the whole EV thing in general.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
My RX450h shows no signs of dying just yet but when it does, I want an EV to be my next car. Prices are plummeting. Second hand Tesla 3's are dropping below 20k now. You can get the S even cheaper but I figure the older ones are early-adopter cars and the newer ones will be more refined.

Embattle

FH is my second home
My dad has had 2 EVs recently including a Nissan Aryia and a BMW i4 between a multitude of others cars. The i4 was really nice and imo one of his best cars, he has a 330D touring atm.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I drove a Cupra Born 58kw I think, it is excellent. Obviously "feels" heavy, but quick enough, very nice and quiet, and I used an app called "Elton" to locate chargers. Paying for charging was easy, just put CC details in the app and book it that way. Scan a QR code on the machine and away it goes. 150kw chargers are really fast.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Nah, I'm just over to visit my Mum for the weekend, so I'm not dropping off to a different area. And I wasn't for any of the other upgrades either, which, thinking about it, were all in different airports as well.

I just find it so odd, I've been upgraded with hire cars before, but never had an upgrade from an economy hatchback to an 80 grand saloon. I'm actually wondering if the manufacturers are incentivising the rental companies to push EVs; it would be a smart way to give people road tests of the whole EV thing in general.

It's good for the company hiring the car's ESG scores if they upgrade you to an EV, hence why they do it.

We got upgraded to a Polestar 2 recently - which was nice considering we were in rural France where they don't really have chargers. Luckily the customer we were visiting had on onsite, otherwise we wouldn't have got back to the airport.

The Polestar was ok - fine to drive but fucking uncomfortable to be driven in - the usual EV crap ride and that swoopy body isn't great for headroom in the back.

I'll stick to ICE tbh. Only EV I've driven that was any fun was a Mini Cooper Electric, and the 100 mile range kind of discounts that as being any use.

It was better to drive than a Model 3 however, which was pretty poor. God awful ride and putting everything on that iPad - including the Speedo - is an ergonomic disaster.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Every hour your skin sheds 200 million dead skin cells into the environment (into the air, on the floor, in your bed, over your kids...) along with all the dirt and bacteria attached to them. Nice.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
How do we feel about this then? Female athletes not having kids because the extreme physical stress female (really: all) athletes put themselves under means many of them don't have periods

It's actually a really unhealthy lifestyle that these females can't have kids and it's actually really sad... these people are giving up lots of things that really deep down they want

I mean, yeah it's not great at all and I do sympathise. But at the same time I'm a little bit 'boo hoo' too.

They want to be top-class athletes more than they want kids, right? And if they want kids, then they can pull back on their training, no? It's a pretty strong signal that your body can't cope with whatever you're doing, and if you continue that's a choice, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom