SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Considering the mechanism that banks have to create money - when you take out a loan or mortgage they add it to their balance spreadsheet from nowhere and charge you for the privilege - that's hardly surprising.

FIAT money IS fraud.
Zerohedge still running then?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I don't think councils have the money to do it. A lot of schemes these days are self-certified. There are some real horror stories about property developers who choose which properties the council inspects, ensures they're 100%, while the other properties have only half the insulation they need, and half the screws and nails too.

But I do like it when councils take a stand. Like that council that forced a developer to rebuild a pub they knocked down without permission.

Self-certification has been banned in Ireland because there was a massive scandal about it after the financial crash/Celtic Tiger shenanigans (self-certifying fire regs that led to entire blocks of flats having to be rebuilt for example). However the downside is there are now nowhere near enough inspectors to do certification (even when leaning of private sector subcontractors) and it's a huge part of the house building crisis

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I don't buy that. I'm having to pay the cost of multiple building inspections at certain points of my build. I have to notify at certain milestones ahead of time to allow building regs to come round and check what is built is what is specified.

This isn't a single house. It's a large multimillion pound development. You can see what's going on pretty easily as it's going up.
Building control can be a function provided by parties other than the local authority.

When councils decide not to take a developer's shit:

I think this is mostly because the building is an eyesore right on the Thames. It's not that far away and I've seen it in person and it's U-G-L-Y. Plenty of other stuff that seems as though it should receive the same treatment doesn't though, so at best this one is a slow hand clap.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
By way of example:
Item 9 says: Reduced commercial floorspace in block D as a result.

Then item 18 says: Reduction in commercial floorspace in Block D. It is unclear if a mezzanine level will be provided at all, although it is no longer possible to implement the approved layout.

So, that's presumably down from 26 issues to 25 just reading the council's publication.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Don't get it. Some sort of twitter thing?
Russian propaganda site that masks as finance/market commentary and has been pushing for a return to the gold standard.

Trying to get Americans to support a return to the gold standard has been a long term aim of the KGB and now the FSB/GRU.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ah.

Still. It doesn't mean what I said isn't 100% factual.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Nicked from Quora:

There are clear problems with both. Let’s weight the relative merits of each.

Gold Standard - a gold standard in theory will prevent the government from hyperinflating the money. It grounds the currency in something that up to now, is viewed as having real value. The problem is the gold supply cannot be expanded at the same rate that the economy grows. If the economy grows faster than the amount of gold backing the money, you get deflation because more economic output is being mapped to each ounce of gold. Deflation then damages the economy because the money is not no longer stable and debts become harder to pay causing defaults caused by an expanding economy…which then slows down growth. So a gold standard will actually in practice act as a check on economic growth which is not desirable.

Fiat Currency - in theory, fiat currency supply can be expanded to match economic growth thus keeping the value of money stable. Reality of course is governments tend to be spendthrifts the world over so the temptation to print more money than the growth of the economy allows them to buy more stuff like votes. This results in more currency being mapped to each unit of economic output which leads to inflation. Inflation hurts the savers who put their money in investments that generate returns at rates lower than the inflation rate. In this case, fiat currency doesn’t check economic growth (unless monetary policy is set too tight) but it usually in practice hurts savers.

So in conclusion, responsibly managed fiat money is probably be the best. The government should ideally increase the money supply in a 1:1 ratio with economic growth to keep the value of the currency stable. (this conclusion omits extraneous effects such as foreign demand for the said stable country’s currency which can also lead to deflation unless the central bank increases the money supply at the rate of economic growth plus foreign demand) Of course this ideal is in many ways Utopian as well because the people in government has all the flaws of people.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
But of course breaking western economies was and still is Moscow’s only real hope of getting parity.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
And how have you not heard of Zerohedge? Or Google for that matter :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Problem you have there @Wij, is that you think there's the gold standard or fiat, and nothing else. :)

I hadn't heard of Zerohedge because I stay off social media as much as possible. It doesn't help much with independent thought. I did google it afterwards tho. Meh.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Po-po in more acting like cunts, found turning their cameras off when they beat people up (or rape them, which was an accusation):

Quelle surprise.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Stayed in a Travellodge the other week, messed me about over breakfast, so I complained. They refunded the whole night with a voucher for the full stay. Which was nice.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Stayed in a Travellodge the other week, messed me about over breakfast, so I complained. They refunded the whole night with a voucher for the full stay. Which was nice.

Yeah but it's a Travelodge.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
amAOw1d_460s.jpg

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Is it still murder to kill the bloke in the house behind you for playing Jennifer Rush The Power of Love at full volume on an infinite loop ?
Pretty sure you'd get away with it.....

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Is it still murder to kill the bloke in the house behind you for playing Jennifer Rush The Power of Love at full volume on an infinite loop ?
Pretty sure you'd get away with it.....
I think it would count as a mercy killing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom