SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
No point in talking about Brand @Wij. I'm talking principles - which apply to everyone.
And those are the principles. If you make the advertisers nervous you are bad for profit and ads will be removed. If you don’t like that then don’t put your content on an ads based platform. Or do, but don’t necessarily expect to get paid.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
And those are the principles. If you make the advertisers nervous you are bad for profit and ads will be removed. If you don’t like that then don’t put your content on an ads based platform. Or do, but don’t necessarily expect to get paid.
I know that's how it works right now. But I'm clearly saying that's not how it should work - because it puts classification of acceptable morality into the hands of people who want to consider nothing more than how much shit they can sell to retards.

You're a smart man. Why are you deliberately avoiding discussing that point?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I know that's how it works right now. But I'm clearly saying that's not how it should work - because it puts classification of acceptable morality into the hands of people who want to consider nothing more than how much shit they can sell to retards.

You're a smart man. Why are you deliberately avoiding discussing that point?
It's a free platform paid for by ads. Want something that works differently, use something different.

And he's not been censored. It's not a free speech issue.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So many issues with that but you don't want to countenance them, so fair enough.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's not a free speech issue.
That's clearly not factual. That's just your opinion.

Economic neutering is a chilling method of censorship. But you don't accept that so whatevz.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
That's clearly not factual. That's just your opinion.

Economic neutering is a chilling method of censorship. But you don't accept that so whatevz.
Bollocks. Free speech entails no right to be paid for it. Not one bit. Youtube is monetised by ads. Scare the advertisers, don't get paid. It's not complicated.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Bollocks. Free speech entails no right to be paid for it. Not one bit. Youtube is monetised by ads. Scare the advertisers, don't get paid. It's not complicated.
So you see no mechanism there that means people control what they say in case the rug gets pulled out from under them? No mechanism by which an unappointed moral majority determine what topics can realistically be discussed based on maximising profit for advertisers?

If you're going to have your primary income source taken away from you because you say something that offends the wokerati (remember: nothing you've done is criminal, you've just caused offence) then you'll pretty much never say that stuff will you.

As social media channels are now the de-facto public square, this is prima facie societal policing by offence, for the preservation of profit.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
So you see no mechanism there that means people control what they say in case the rug gets pulled out from under them? No mechanism by which an unappointed moral majority determine what topics can realistically be discussed based on maximising profit for advertisers?

If you're going to have your primary income source taken away from you because you say something that offends the wokerati (remember: nothing you've done is criminal, you've just caused offence) then you'll pretty much never say that stuff will you.

As social media channels are now the de-facto public square, this is prima facie societal policing by offence, for the preservation of profit.
Nobody owes anyone an income for speech. People choose Youtube because they think they will earn more from adverts than from paid subscriptions to their content, because most consumers aren't bothered enough to actually pay. But just as you can't force consumers to pay a subscription to you, you can't force advertisers to sponsor content they think harms their brand. There's no free lunch.

Youtube are still pushing his content to consumers for free. That's costing them money for no benefit. It's not censorship by any definition.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
It's nothing to do with allowable speech. They don't want their adverts playing because of what he has done, not what's in the videos.

Also people can still watch it. It's not been censored. It's still there. Youtube is still serving it up for free.

What he has allegedly done - last I checked we still had due process in this country, and have had since the Magna Carta.

If you start stripping away rights we've had for centuries just because you don't like someone - and trust me I don't think anyone has any less time for Brand than me - we are heading down an awfully slippery slope.

Probably also worth looking into the journalist who did the bulk of the work on the story's previous record - almost driving a subject of an article to suicide and getting their paper (successfully) sued for libel.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
What he has allegedly done - last I checked we still had due process in this country, and have had since the Magna Carta.

If you start stripping away rights we've had for centuries just because you don't like someone - and trust me I don't think anyone has any less time for Brand than me - we are heading down an awfully slippery slope.

Probably also worth looking into the journalist who did the bulk of the work on the story's previous record - almost driving a subject of an article to suicide and getting their paper (successfully) sued for libel.

It’s weird that people seem to think that the only behaviour that we should be allowed to find morally objectionable is that which is against the law, and preferably only after a conviction.

Expecting advertisers not to be able to choose which content they want to sponsor and thereby deny their commercial freedom is communism. You’ve come full circle.

Bodhi

It’s weird that people seem to think that the only behaviour that we should be allowed to find morally objectionable is that which is against the law, and preferably only after a conviction.

Expecting advertisers not to be able to choose which content they want to sponsor and thereby deny their commercial freedom is communism. You’ve come full circle.

No, as I wasn't referring to YouTube's decision - I was referring to your comment about "what he's done".

YouTube are free to do with their platform and associate with who they please, as are Rumble etc etc.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nobody but you has made that argument.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
No, as I wasn't referring to YouTube's decision - I was referring to your comment about "what he's done".

YouTube are free to do with their platform and associate with who they please, as are Rumble etc etc.
No. Some of it isn’t in dispute. No allegedly about it. E.g: dating a schoolgirl with mental health issues and treating her like dirt. I presume advertisers aren’t keen to be associated with that.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think the outrage at demonetisation without conviction implied it.
In your mind only

As much as you're conflating it, it's clearly a totally separate point. (Will ping about that tonight tho maybe)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Just ate 7 oz of spaghetti....:eek:

(The Mrs played her part trying to look appalled...but after all these years she knows better. Her fault for cooking so much :D)

Have emailed the Port of London Authority
Going to be a danger to shipping when that gets out.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
When councils decide not to take a developer's shit:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
When councils decide not to take a developer's shit:

To support the residents currently living in the development the Council has written to them directly to provide them with support, assistance and advice.

So, the council let it get to fully built and residents actually in there before they decided on enforcement action?

That's incompetence tbh.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I don't think councils have the money to do it. A lot of schemes these days are self-certified. There are some real horror stories about property developers who choose which properties the council inspects, ensures they're 100%, while the other properties have only half the insulation they need, and half the screws and nails too.

But I do like it when councils take a stand. Like that council that forced a developer to rebuild a pub they knocked down without permission.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't think councils have the money to do it.
I don't buy that. I'm having to pay the cost of multiple building inspections at certain points of my build. I have to notify at certain milestones ahead of time to allow building regs to come round and check what is built is what is specified.

This isn't a single house. It's a large multimillion pound development. You can see what's going on pretty easily as it's going up.

Bodhi

Spent some time this afternoon in a part of the world that doesn't officially exist!

And before you ask, no, it wasn't the posh part of Stoke.

Currently on holiday in Ayia (Fucking) Napa, and for a day trip thought we'd go over the border to the Turkish part. Wow, that was an eye opener.

We decided to head up to Famagusta Old Town, which was very pretty/interesting once you get there, but Christ the journey there was bordering on harrowing.

Head North out of Ayia Napa until you get to the border, go through two different checkpoints, buy some insurance for your rental and then drive through a couple of miles of villages abandoned since the 70s, all falling into disrepair but clearly beautiful houses before the Turks marched in. Barbed wire everywhere and broken buildings everywhere, it was bordering on post apocalyptic at times.

We did want to go take a look at Varosha, the infamous ghost town, but on our way up we turned a corner to see a Turkish military checkpoint so turned round and decided to head back to Ayia Napa.

Glad we did it, but not sure that's a border I'll be heading over again in a hurry.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I don't buy that. I'm having to pay the cost of multiple building inspections at certain points of my build. I have to notify at certain milestones ahead of time to allow building regs to come round and check what is built is what is specified.

This isn't a single house. It's a large multimillion pound development. You can see what's going on pretty easily as it's going up.

I watched The Big Short last night. Really good film and a bit of an eye-opener. There's a scene where some of the characters realise the banks are perfectly happy for people to make shit up, and another scene where they realise the regulators don't care, aren't separate, don't care about conflicts of interest, and the whole system being fraudulent.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I watched The Big Short last night. Really good film and a bit of an eye-opener. There's a scene where some of the characters realise the banks are perfectly happy for people to make shit up, and another scene where they realise the regulators don't care, aren't separate, don't care about conflicts of interest, and the whole system being fraudulent.
Considering the mechanism that banks have to create money - when you take out a loan or mortgage they add it to their balance spreadsheet from nowhere and charge you for the privilege - that's hardly surprising.

FIAT money IS fraud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom