SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
My tank of water gets heated up every day regardless of whether I use it to wash pots. It's not saving me energy to use the dishwasher.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
My tank of water gets heated up every day regardless of whether I use it to wash pots. It's not saving me energy to use the dishwasher.

Barely use our boiler; electric showers and Qooker tap and boiler is on demand in winter (underfloor heating downstairs is smart so its just upstairs that's on a regular timer). Just in the process of upgrading the house insulation (attic done, extension roof done, new windows and front door literally finishing today, external wrap in two weeks' time) so I'm hoping we use it even less going forward.

Washing dishes, especially pans, takes a lot longer than loading and unloading the dishwasher; it does if you're washing them properly anyway.

Embattle

FH is my second home

Technically when you use the hot/warm water is replaced with cold water and needs heating again but to a greater degree than just maintaining the tank water, either way the point is moot because in general dishwashers are far more economical and efficient at washing stuff but to make the best of it you need to make it as full as possible.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I don't use a kettle any more, I got one of these:

It's brilliant. I got one for my mum because I didn't want her falling while holding a kettle of boiling water, and liked it so much I got one too. Put cup under spout, press button, 30-45 seconds later - cup filled. It only boils a cup full at a time.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
There's a ton of them on Amazon if you search "hot cup water dispenser"

Embattle

FH is my second home
I don't use a kettle any more, I got one of these:

It's brilliant. I got one for my mum because I didn't want her falling while holding a kettle of boiling water, and liked it so much I got one too. Put cup under spout, press button, 30-45 seconds later - cup filled. It only boils a cup full at a time.

We used them for a while, but with the volume of tea drunk they tended to fail a bit too quickly for our liking.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Honda Fireblade
£23000
Top Speed: just under 190 mph
0-100 mph in 5 seconds

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
archive.is is another one. Quite a few news subs on reddit automatically archive links to it as they're submitted so the chances are links have already been bypassed/cached (including the above one).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom