SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
It's a bullshit argument.

If a kid picks up an apple and wangs it at someone then 1) it's part of growing up, and it's an apple, not a stone, so that's a *good* thing, and; 2) the council is in no way legally culpable.

It's only a fucking Labour politician that is retarded enough to think the courts would hold the council liable for what children do with fruit.

It's idiotic.

It's funny how the Labour thing works, like other councils don't do the same thing and every decision they make has that in the fore front, but yeah GRR LABOUR!!!!!!!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's funny how the Labour thing works, like other councils don't do the same thing and every decision they make has that in the fore front, but yeah GRR LABOUR!!!!!!!
I get pissed off at the Tories. Very much so. And you don't get butthurt about that at all do you? But have a pop at Labour? ...

Can you honestly think a Tory councillor wouldn't simply go "fuck 'em, it's moronic" to the idea that you can't put fruit trees up? It's health and safety gone mad ffs! The very definition!!11oneeleven!!1!1!

It's long been a bone of contention of mine that we don't plant our streets with all the varieties of natural fruits we grow. You go to Spain and the streets are lined with oranges and lemons - you can pick them on the way back home, crack open a bottle of gin and throw your lemons in.

We want kids to eat more fruit, right? Why don't we have a real fucking festival season in the UK? From August through October we've got loads of gorgeous fruit varieties (apples, pears, plums, damsons) that you don't find in supermarkets. Literally hundreds of types of apples alone. And they could - should - be growing, free, everywhere.

And we don't have them everywhere because of this particular sort of moron. (Oooh! We might get wasps!)

Oh do fuck off missus. Die in a hole. I hate people like you...

Gwadien

I get pissed off at the Tories. Very much so. And you don't get butthurt about that at all do you? But have a pop at Labour? ...

Can you honestly think a Tory councillor wouldn't simply go "fuck 'em, it's moronic" to the idea that you can't put fruit trees up? It's health and safety gone mad ffs! The very definition!!11oneeleven!!1!1!

It's long been a bone of contention of mine that we don't plant our streets with all the varieties of natural fruits we grow. You go to Spain and the streets are lined with oranges and lemons - you can pick them on the way back home, crack open a bottle of gin and throw your lemons in.

We want kids to eat more fruit, right? Why don't we have a real fucking festival season in the UK? From August through October we've got loads of gorgeous fruit varieties (apples, pears, plums, damsons) that you don't find in supermarkets. Literally hundreds of types of apples alone. And they could - should - be growing, free, everywhere.

And we don't have them everywhere because of this particular sort of moron. (Oooh! We might get wasps!)

Oh do fuck off missus. Die in a hole. I hate people like you...

I agree with you, it would be great, but yes, I do think that political affiliation has very little to do with it.

I do think it's down to the law, and it's why lots of public spaces and even private spaces are boring, because why bother spending that money if there's a chance it could lose you even more money.

Gwadien

I really, really don't think so.

But then, meh. I'm planting my own orchard, so idiot Blighty can go fuck itself :)

So why do private land (but public access) owners do the same thing?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
We went to York a few years ago, really liked it, thought we might go again at the end of the month. Hated the drive. Checked the train.

Return for 2, nearly a month in advance. £200, nearly a 5-hour journey. It's roughly 2.5 hours by car and I can do there and back on around a full tank, £65, no taxies needed for out of town hotels.

lol

"tAkE tHe TrAiN"

Last edited:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
or NIMBYism?

Local council. They aren't going to do much about it elsewhere.

"Tory leader of the council Jonathan Owen said he thought it was not "the right route".
Mr Owen told the Local Democracy Reporting Service that fracking was "still unproven as a means of production".
"Original arguments against fracking still hold in my mind and I have heard nothing to change my views," he said."

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Wait until you get deep into simulation theory, seriously mindfucking stuff, especially as a gamer.
That one's a great, fun thought experiment but I believe he's wrong. Since this vid was made, and related to @Ormorof's previous link, some other clever bods had come along and shown it would take infinite computing power to similate the laws of quantum mechanics so we can't be a simulation. .... Or that's just what our universe's system admins want us to think ... 🤯

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
That one's a great, fun thought experiment but I believe he's wrong. Since this vid was made, and related to @Ormorof's previous link, some other clever bods had come along and shown it would take infinite computing power to similate the laws of quantum mechanics so we can't be a simulation. .... Or that's just what our universe's system admins want us to think ... 🤯

Oh I know, it's (likely*) bollocks, but I find it fascinating.

And to that, quantum mechanics are weird as fuck anyway.

That being said, strange things do happen. But obviously happenstance. Like my wife's car's gearbox shitting the bed 2 days before the delivery of my ebike, so she can use my car and I can use my bike. Or her getting made redundant (and getting a pay-out) a week before we have to pay for a load of building work.*

Technically, we knew about the money before paying, but not before booking the work.

Last edited:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Live tracking an oz of weed delivery through Royal Mail. What a time to be alive.

Time the Tories caught up.

Last edited:

Embattle

FH is my second home

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well part of the problem is that structure of the market we spoke about before meaning we pay gas prices for renewables thus they make big profits.
Older renewables, yes. But it still doesn't detract that - separate to the conversation - we're subsidsing oil and gas massively. Absolutely hugely.

We're not subsidising renewables. In fact, the tories are actively making the market harder for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom