SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Absolutely loving biking to work. Took 10 minutes this morning, gunning it, up to 25mph at one point. Also, drivers are cunts. Don't ride on any road except over a flyover but at junctions, fucks sake.

Getting a cam, seen two drivers on phones at junctions.

Also question for cyclists, it's a bit rough terrain coming out the village, to the point my chain came off over one bump, is that normal or shit derailer? No suspension on the bike as it's a hybrid, essentially a road bike but without the "gaaaaay" handlebars.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The chain should never come off. The derailleur tensioning spring should keep it tight.

is there any sag while on the two smallest cogs?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The chain should never come off. The derailleur tensioning spring should keep it tight.

is there any sag while on the two smallest cogs?

Not that I can tell, it was the chain off the front cog (there is only 1 then 7 on the back) I am wondering if it was because I stopped peddling just as I went over the bump to steady myself...maybe the motor has some lag in stopping when you stop, it only engages when you peddle. Gaining confidence on the bike now though, leaning into corners etc, it's all coming back. I had no problems going over bigger bumps at other times.

Edit, I even surprised myself at one point to lean back and give some dickhead the wanker sign, before that I had both hands clamped on the handle bars.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You may have inadvertently back-pedalled while the chain was whipping around on the bouncy stuff. That would take it off the crank.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Edit, I even surprised myself at one point to lean back and give some dickhead the wanker sign, before that I had both hands clamped on the handle bars.
Start as you mean to go on m8 - don't get involved. It's less stressful in the long term as well :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
@Raven

A guide for limit screws:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkZxPIZ1ngY

On my old ride to work I used to travel from Teddington to Brentford, saw plenty of people stuck in traffic and not paying attention and drivers on phones including on the A316 at roundabouts. I know just before I left that job a work colleague was on the same roundabout on his bike and got hit on his rear tyre by a car pulling out on to the roundabout, took a number of years to resolve the claim and the issues he had with his knee.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Start as you mean to go on m8 - don't get involved. It's less stressful in the long term as well :)

Couldn't help myself. There is a crossing with a good 5m gap between the crossing and the junction, joining a roundabout, I saw him coming down the road, slowed down to allow him past, so I could cross behind him, so neither of us had to stop. He pretty much did an emergency stop on the crossing to check his phone, nearly banged on the back of his van.

I just don't understand how people can not see all the moving parts around them. Even driving, I can see that sometimes it's quicker to slow down a tad, or speed up a tad to allow others to move into space, everyone keeps moving.

Edit, 2 days on the ebike has got me booking in my proper MTB in for a good service, I will admit that I am unfit after cycling, lost the weight, need to gain the fitness. Ebikes are heavy as fuck, no way am I riding it without the motor.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Just wait until you discover cyclops junctions and continuous footways.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Thats amazing, dumb, but amazing, is the UK really so litigious?

No, just stupid people with stupid ideas in the wrong jobs.

Although, to be fair, we used to go to war as kids at school, flinging crab apples at each other. You stick them on the end of a long stick and fling them like a catapult, they used to easily go 100m and fast, it was great fun.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
No, just stupid people with stupid ideas in the wrong jobs.

Although, to be fair, we used to go to war as kids at school, flinging crab apples at each other. You stick them on the end of a long stick and fling them like a catapult, they used to easily go 100m and fast, it was great fun.

Same, but we live in a litigious time, it's the same with snowball fights, they're banned in schools, because who's responsible? the school.

I don't really see how you can blame the individuals who have to deal with this shit, when it's clearly not their fault.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's pretty shitty that's the state of things, but I don't really think you can blame the council, imagine the legal costs if someone got absolutely nailed by an apple.
Legal costs to who?

If I pick up a stick, and twat a kid with it - is that the council's fault because they planted trees that grew sticks?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Legal costs to who?

If I pick up a stick, and twat a kid with it - is that the council's fault because they planted trees that grew sticks?

The council, so therefore the public.

And I dunno, maybe? Depends how good your lawyer is I guess.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The council, so therefore the public.

And I dunno, maybe? Depends how good your lawyer is I guess.
It's a bullshit argument.

If a kid picks up an apple and wangs it at someone then 1) it's part of growing up, and it's an apple, not a stone, so that's a *good* thing, and; 2) the council is in no way legally culpable.

It's only a fucking Labour politician that is retarded enough to think the courts would hold the council liable for what children do with fruit.

It's idiotic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom