SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Surely the creation of the electric part of your bike isn't exactly good for the environment either @Raven ?

Probably not, but its like 6kgs (no idea) of "bits" vs half a ton of "bits" (no idea) but I do know, moving a 2 ton car takes far more battery than an ebike (that is mostly human powered anyway) edit, and most journeys are short anyway, most people have no real need for a vehicle except convenience.

Last edited:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Why not both 🤷‍♂️

Unfortunately the twats in charge of UK have zero interest in either :)

Well, ideally, yes, but we aren't. The focus is, carry on the way you are but buy an electric vehicle for 25% more than a normal vehicle, for zero environmental benefits over the life cycle of the vehicle. Current EVs are a technological dead end, if we are to use vehicles like we do today. Great marketing though, sell something that costs less to produce for more than what you sold previous things.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
On the road, production and actually pumping power into it, not so much. Zero of these studies count the environmental cost of even producing these things
Sorry @Raven - have to call bullshit on you here. After (rightly) berating @Embattle for his bullshit - you then went and did the exact same thing.

The article you didn't bother reading said:
The researchers carried out a life-cycle assessment in which they not only calculated greenhouse gas emissions generated when using cars and heating systems, but also in the production chain and waste processing.

"Taking into account emissions from manufacturing and ongoing energy use, it's clear that we should encourage the switch to electric cars and household heat pumps without any regrets,

Sorry dude.

If it's any consolation - the savings shown aren't enough. We have to massively reduce total car usage period - not just switch.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
We have to massively reduce total car usage period - not just switch.

That's nearly my entire point. Besides which, they are clearly getting things muddled, as a lot of "green" folk do. There is no link whatsoever between vehicle use and keeping houses warm. The two are completely independent, using completely different sources of energy, two completely different conversations.

And heating systems

And heat pumps.

Whats that got to do with putting miles on the road?

Perhaps you need to watch the source material before throwing your oar in :)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1E8SQde5rk
< posted again.

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That's nearly my entire point.
Nah. Your point is that switching to EVs is pointless. Because of your wrong-ness you can't see that it's not only not pointless, but necessary. (And you come up with the usual crap to justify it too - like our network can't take it (it can't - we need to modernise)).

But I'm with you on the ebike. I fucking hate the things - but if they take cars off the road I'm 100% for them.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Plant-based mashed potatos, the non-plant-based versions of which contain dairy products. Nothing to see here.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
But I'm with you on the ebike. I fucking hate the things - but if they take cars off the road I'm 100% for them.

You will only hate them if you view cycling as a recreational activity. If you view it as a transport activity, e-bikes are a superb idea and absolutely a solution. Besides which, you probably don't like them because you're going too slow :p

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Plant-based mashed potatos, the non-plant-based versions of which contain dairy products. Nothing to see here.

It's the Vegan witch hunt.

I don't really understand the hate, after all, they're right.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You will only hate them if you view cycling as a recreational activity. If you view it as a transport activity, e-bikes are a superb idea and absolutely a solution.
Kinda what I said m8 :)

For recreation though - the only scientifically meaningful study of fitness across transportation methods shows ebikes are shite for your fitness. Only if you're completely sedentary do you get any benefit on a 10 mile ebike ride. (And part of the reason I hate them is because it allows people who have zero fitness to get places where they otherwise wouldn't be).

But for getting people out of their cars for a transport solution - fantastic if it replaces a car journey.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Not sure why I'd get on an eeeeeeeee bike when I have a perfectly serviceable car or two on the drive? Not only can I sit down but I have air con (in one of them), a stereo and all sorts of creature comforts.

Unless of course I wanted to either set fire to the garage or prove to the world just how goddamned virtuous I am. Then they'd make sense.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

Dude, it's a joke :)

There are loads of them, inappropriate packaging.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not sure why I'd get on an eeeeeeeee bike when I have a perfectly serviceable car or two on the drive? Not only can I sit down but I have air con (in one of them), a stereo and all sorts of creature comforts.

Unless of course I wanted to either set fire to the garage or prove to the world just how goddamned virtuous I am. Then they'd make sense.

How's the mortgage rate going? :)

Edit, smily face is probably wrong, it's not a happy or funny time for mortgage folk. But Tory voters, yeah, wooo, fuck yeah, and so on, they love a bit of shafting, the mewling sycophants that they are.

Last edited:

Gwadien

Dude, it's a joke :)

There are loads of them, inappropriate packaging.

Why is it inappropriate packaging?

For those that don't know 'plant-based' is like the shopping term for 'vegan friendly'

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Why is it inappropriate packaging?

For those that don't know 'plant-based' is like the shopping term for 'vegan friendly'

Yes, I know, but I am pretty sure this is a meme (or at least, I would hope so)

Even if it isn't, what kind of idiot buys pre-mashed potatoes.

Honestly, if you (not you personally, but generally) buy pre-mashed potato then you need to jettison yourself into the Atlantic, no use for you here.

Last edited:

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I buy the powdered stuff, Idahoan, it's fantastic. Takes about two minutes to make and tastes great. I do buy fresh potatos, but I eat those raw with salt and salad cream.

Gwadien

I buy the powdered stuff, Idahoan, it's fantastic. Takes about two minutes to make and tastes great. I do buy fresh potatos, but I eat those raw with salt and salad cream.

I thought quite highly of you Tom.

No more.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Yes, I know, but I am pretty sure this is a meme (or at least, I would hope so)

Even if it isn't, what kind of idiot buys pre-mashed potatoes.

Honestly, if you (not you personally, but generally) buy pre-mashed potato then you need to jettison yourself into the Atlantic, no use for you here.

My girlfriend was amazed when I made real mashed potatoes for the first time. She'd only ever had the powdered or pre made stuff. She was so excited about the amazing taste that she told her mom, who then told her brother about it, and that's how I ended up making mashed potato for dinner when they visited.

In America, lots of people have no real access to fresh fruit and vegetables, not even frozen stuff. In these food deserts, pre packaged stuff from the fridge might be the only food you can actually buy. So you end up with stuff like that. I don't really think twice about it anymore, but I'll try to take some pictures next time I go food shopping. I am not in a food desert, but my local supermarket has some odd choices for pre-packaged food too, stuff that as a European just makes me think "WTF, why is this ready made" .

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
In America, lots of people have no real access to fresh fruit and vegetables, not even frozen stuff. In these food deserts, pre packaged stuff from the fridge might be the only food you can actually buy. So you end up with stuff like that. I don't really think twice about it anymore, but I'll try to take some pictures next time I go food shopping. I am not in a food desert, but my local supermarket has some odd choices for pre-packaged food too, stuff that as a European just makes me think "WTF, why is this ready made" .
Potentially the best video you could ever watch. Hour and a half of your time. Contains bioscience.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Has anyone tried anything like this?

The front of my house is mostly original. But the back wall is a mess of various people's modifications, window and door changes, unsympathetic extensions, etc. The brickwork is ugly. So I fancied trying something like that, watered from above (I'd set up a tap or something from the bathroom inside the house).

georgie

FH is my second home

The front of my house is mostly original. But the back wall is a mess of various people's modifications, window and door changes, unsympathetic extensions, etc. The brickwork is ugly. So I fancied trying something like that, watered from above (I'd set up a tap or something from the bathroom inside the house).

Well, Malwarebytes blocked the website for me, so that's rarely a good sign. :p

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

I quite like the look of that, if it works as advertised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom