SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I just can't see where he got £7000 from. Sash windows aren't that complicated.
Get a few more around. Loads of builders and joiners take the piss. It's why people hate working with them.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I had a joiner around to quote me for two new wood sash windows, double glazed. £7000 he quoted. I almost died. I've decided that I'm going to renovate the sashes myself, with ultra slim double glazed panels.

I have found if they quote such crazy prices is that they don't really want the job. But if you accept then they make a small fortune for doing very little

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I had a joiner around to quote me for two new wood sash windows, double glazed. £7000 he quoted. I almost died. I've decided that I'm going to renovate the sashes myself, with ultra slim double glazed panels.

Actually, to do them properly you need a professional and materials are very expensive at the moment, especially for decent wood that will last. £7k probably is quite a lot for that job though, but it's a tradesmen's wet dream atm, more work than there are skilled people to do it.

Our back room is costing us just short of 7k for damp proofing, insulation and then plastering and the quotes were much of a muchness, the crowd we got in are local though.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well apart from the sill the existing wood is still working at 110 years old, so I'm going to go with my idea. Remove sash, remove glass, repair cracks/damage, create larger rebate, put slimline DG in, and go from there. I also need more mass on the weights, and some brush seals, but that's minor stuff.

It'll have to wait a bit though, I have other stuff to be getting on with. If it works ok I can remove the frame next summer and replace the sills.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Well apart from the sill the existing wood is still working at 110 years old, so I'm going to go with my idea. Remove sash, remove glass, repair cracks/damage, create larger rebate, put slimline DG in, and go from there. I also need more mass on the weights, and some brush seals, but that's minor stuff.

It'll have to wait a bit though, I have other stuff to be getting on with. If it works ok I can remove the frame next summer and replace the sills.
When did you get your wobble back? Did I miss that?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

Is it a listed building?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Nah. It's the only house in the street though that retains its original features and I won't put plastic in, ever.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
We've talked about people complaining in Wales about house prices, the 300% council tax wankery and the fact that I assert that most of it is really just jealousy from sections of noisy local Plaid Cymru types that are driving the narrative in the land of cheap housing.

Some doubt that - but this is sort of stuff is what's going on from councillors in Wales - so how bad do you think some sections of the population are?:

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
We've talked about people complaining in Wales about house prices, the 300% council tax wankery and the fact that I assert that most of it is really just jealousy from sections of noisy local Plaid Cymru types that are driving the narrative in the land of cheap housing.

Some doubt that - but this is sort of stuff is what's going on from councillors in Wales - so how bad do you think some sections of the population are?:

It was clearly a joke based on current English attitudes to Channel migrants. Fucking Hell.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It was clearly a joke based on current English attitudes to Channel migrants. Fucking Hell.
I'd put money on it being both - one that he's taking the piss out of English attitudes and two that he fucking hates the English. That joke could have been made by any of the 1253 other Welsh councillors - but it wasn't. It was made by a Welsh Nationalist councillor - and that's how it'll play to his English-hating voters.

Actually, I'd put money on him not actually understanding parody.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
This is illustrative of a proper disaster:

An initial investigation by the Environment Agency fisheries team indicates that in the bulk of the river...there has been an almost total wipeout of fish populations and other invertebrates.

Because that's getting repeated in nearly all our rivers where we discharge sewage and farms run-off into rivers.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Four is pretty bad - I gave up at the monkey insult fighting game, it's just stupid and zero fun.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Had to move my PC from the lounge to the spare room while shit is getting done downstairs.

Never realised how much heat this fucking thing kicks out. I might try out not having any heating on at all in the living room for a bit next winter.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

I don't see how it's really fair for someone who is also a victim of a crime to named and pretty much shamed like this?

And arrested for what?

I agree with the naming part.

However, he was arrested for breaking bail conditions, that he wouldn't have if he wasn't a persistent criminal. People who shoot people in cases like this aren't doing it for the lols, despite them being a set of scumbags they do generally have a code, don't involve "outsiders" as that attracts po po. He will know exactly who shot him and for what reason (or perceived reason) Chances are, he won't say a word though because "snitches get stitches" and various other tired cliches.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

I don't see how it's really fair for someone who is also a victim of a crime to named and pretty much shamed like this?

And arrested for what?
Breaking bail, being involved in gangland shite, running into someone's house when being pursued by people you've got in deep with and getting a kid killed.

Edit, what @Raven said.

Surprised merseyside po-po didn't shoot him themselves tbh. The bunch of cunts.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The "must cut the grass" POV is so deeply ingrained in this country. Old men cutting roadside grass verges so it looks "neat and tidy" all across Cheshire. And people complaining about maggots in bins. I'm quite happy to have maggots in bins, that means flies. And flies means bird food. Which means more birds, and therefore more pollination.

I cycled along the Churnet Valley Cycleway the other week, I've not been there before. At one part there's a staggering wildflower meadow, several acres large. It was astonishing. I wanted to take a photo but had many more miles of riding to do, so I didn't stop.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Whenever i start feeling old i like to read posts like the above and remind myself im still a young whippersnapper

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Whenever i start feeling old i like to read posts like the above and remind myself im still a young whippersnapper

Just to remind you, that you are old. You joined FH nearly 19 years ago. :)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I've just noticed I've been walking around all day with my zipper open. Nobody mentioned it... :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom