SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I've just noticed I've been walking around all day with my zipper open. Nobody mentioned it... :eek:

Here's me thinking you're a quintessentially British icon and you used the word 'zipper'.

I've never been so disappointed.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Whenever i start feeling old i like to read posts like the above and remind myself im still a young whippersnapper

Dunno how old you are but I'm 50 and the difference in wildlife from my childhood to now is pretty big. There were dragonflies everywhere when I grew up, mostly because there were mill lodges all over the place. They've all been filled in and houses built there, so no more dragonflies. Toads were all over the place, I'm not kidding when I say I could just go and get a toad whenever I liked and play around with it in a bucket. You couldn't move for the things. Nowadays I bet your average town/city kid wouldn't know what frogspawn is.

We're really not very good at preserving wildlife. Everything has to look pretty. The local municipal golf course failed a few years back, and now it looks fucking amazing - because it's just been left alone. It's just a big old lazy meadow now, with trees here and there. It floods when it rains. There are no sealed paths. It's great.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Dunno how old you are but I'm 50 and the difference in wildlife from my childhood to now is pretty big. There were dragonflies everywhere when I grew up, mostly because there were mill lodges all over the place. They've all been filled in and houses built there, so no more dragonflies. Toads were all over the place, I'm not kidding when I say I could just go and get a toad whenever I liked and play around with it in a bucket. You couldn't move for the things. Nowadays I bet your average town/city kid wouldn't know what frogspawn is.

We're really not very good at preserving wildlife. Everything has to look pretty. The local municipal golf course failed a few years back, and now it looks fucking amazing - because it's just been left alone. It's just a big old lazy meadow now, with trees here and there. It floods when it rains. There are no sealed paths. It's great.
I agree. Plus, there are no golf cunts there.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Wonder who paid them or threatened to remove a source of funding?

Shady as hell, but what else to expect from a company that has gone from a "dont be evil" mantra to a "be as evil as we can get away with if it makes money"

Hell i read a conspiracy theory part of the company has been taken over by some sort of cult, and in times we live in it could even be true 🤠

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Been re-watching No Country for Old Men with Javier Bardem
Such an awesome movie

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Here's me thinking you're a quintessentially British icon and you used the word 'zipper'.

I've never been so disappointed.

Been spending a LOT of time with Americans. They rub off on you

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
To clarify Javier Bardem did not come round my house and watch a movie with me

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
What would be an over-90's chat up line ? Here's a ouija board. Tell your Mom you'll be home late.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Now hear me out.... Walmart do have access to Firearms and Ammo....

View attachment 46773
Was tempted to come out with my usual "Firearms against a state-level army would do nothing, it would be a massacre". But then I remembered that it's the Russian army whose tanks seem to explode if given a stern look.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
And Walmart's gun sections are specifically modelled on the "Lots of guns" scene from The Matrix.

Gwadien

Was tempted to come out with my usual "Firearms against a state-level army would do nothing, it would be a massacre". But then I remembered that it's the Russian army whose tanks seem to explode if given a stern look.

Russian tanks have automatic reloading mechanics which means that the ammo is placed on the inside of the turret which worked out great with the weapons that could penetrate them at the time they were created...

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Russian tanks have automatic reloading mechanics which means that the ammo is placed on the inside of the turret which worked out great with the weapons that could penetrate them at the time they were created...
It was pretty safe against wooden clubs and pitchforks.

Gwadien

It was pretty safe against wooden clubs and pitchforks.

I'm sorry, but I'm not buying into the 'oMg rUsSiaNz R ThIcK' thought camp - they were developed in a time where anti-tank weapons didn't impact from above, they're cheap, mass produced and pretty effective against other armour in conventional warfare.

I don't think people are truly grasping the value of using their people/Eastern Ukrainians as cannon fodder with outdated equipment that is expensive to maintain.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
They aren't thick, just incredibly corrupt, to the point most battalions did not and do not have the people and equipment they have on their balance sheets.

Their military is "Thick" in that still follows a pre world war 2 mantra, generals and command on the front line etc, using tanks without support, leaving columns of equipment parked or broken down.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I'm sorry, but I'm not buying into the 'oMg rUsSiaNz R ThIcK' thought camp - they were developed in a time where anti-tank weapons didn't impact from above, they're cheap, mass produced and pretty effective against other armour in conventional warfare.

I don't think people are truly grasping the value of using their people/Eastern Ukrainians as cannon fodder with outdated equipment that is expensive to maintain.
It was humour. Of course armed civilians can't take on an army with tanks, fighter jets and warships. I was just making the humorous point that Russia's army is shit compared to a well-maintained one and has had its reputation destroyed.

I don't even get your 2nd paragraph.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
No attribution and virtually no engagement. I’ll hold my judgment.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Their military is "Thick" in that still follows a pre world war 2 mantra, generals and command on the front line etc, using tanks without support, leaving columns of equipment parked or broken down.

So thick then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom