SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
You could say the same about a Jury more likely to favour JD in America, to me personally the whole thing is boring and given too much air time and I reckon they are probably both culpable.
The outcome is not about JD and AH it is about the realisation and understanding that all humans of either sex can be subject to abuse. This point alone needs MORE airtime not less - it is NOT ok for one human to deliberately ruin another humans reputation without giving the accused the opportunity to defend themselves.
Regardless of the fact that both in this case were complicit only one of them suffered any loss in earnings because the other was automatically believed without trial because they have a vagina.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Couple of dickheads, had a dysfunctional relationship. That's about as deep as it gets.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The outcome is not about JD and AH it is about the realisation and understanding that all humans of either sex can be subject to abuse. This point alone needs MORE airtime not less - it is NOT ok for one human to deliberately ruin another humans reputation without giving the accused the opportunity to defend themselves.
Regardless of the fact that both in this case were complicit only one of them suffered any loss in earnings because the other was automatically believed without trial because they have a vagina.

I assume in both cases he did have the chance to defend himself, one he lost the other he didn't. She never really had much in the way of earnings to lose but now she will lose them so it is just now reversed, either way I don't see any studio giving JD a large role again and I suspect if the judgment is upheld in appeal I still don't suspect he will get much out of AH. I stand by what I said earlier, they are ultimately like oil and water.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
You are correct re oil and water however this is about precedent not about JD or AH.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I assume in both cases he did have the chance to defend himself, one he lost the other he didn't. She never really had much in the way of earnings to lose but now she will lose them so it is just now reversed, either way I don't see any studio giving JD a large role again and I suspect if the judgment is upheld in appeal I still don't suspect he will get much out of AH. I stand by what I said earlier, they are ultimately like oil and water.

Both cases were won and lost because of greed.

In the first case Depp sued The Sun for libel because libel payouts in the UK can be huge (greed point 1), but you'd better be sure of your ground and The Sun didn't libel him; they called him a "wife beater" and the fact that Heard was equally abusive and usually the instigator was irrelevant in the very narrow definition of libel.

In the second case Heard made the mistake of acting the innocent victim of abuse for money, and was clearly gearing up for a lucrative career of victimhood (greed point 2), and by doing so opened herself up for a defamation case, which, unlike libel, is open to broader interpretation, and most importantly for Depp, allows the character of the person doing the defaming to be considered, and even better, Depp could go for Heard personally rather than a magazine publisher (columnists don't have limited liability).

So greed (and quite a bit of stupidity) all round.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
It probably didn't help her case that so much of her testimony was contradicted by so many of the witnesses called, including her own.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It probably didn't help her case that so much of her testimony was contradicted by so many of the witnesses called, including her own.

She basically stacked the evidence up against herself... all his team did was just lay it out in a spectacular manner that the jury could understand and see she was a lying cunt. She fucked herself in essence.

Is he a saint? nah, far from, is he an abuser though? according to the evidence? nope, literally no physical evidence of him ever hitting her, in fact, in the 58 years he's been on this earth, not a single previous partner has ever come forward and said he was physically abusive.

Amber Heard tried to play the #MeToo card and it backfired royally, I have absolutely no sympathy for her because what she has done is a massive slap in the face for genuine victims of domestic violence.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I had a McDonalds today. First time in *ages*

Yes, yes, I know. McDonalds is planet-destroying unethical unhealthy evil incarnate...

It was bloody marvellous :p

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I had a McDonalds today. First time in *ages*

Yes, yes, I know. McDonalds is planet-destroying unethical unhealthy evil incarnate...

It was bloody marvellous :p

When done properly they have the best chips of any fast food place.

That's a hill I'll die on.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Last month, there was another mass stranding of crabs and lobsters on the same beaches. Divers reported that the seabed immediately south of the River Tees was a “dead zone”: even the seaweed was dying

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I'm surprised this hasn't gained more traction.

Having seen the video of the incident, the Police seemed to be very aggressive to the guy, they tazed him numerous times, he jumped off the bridge to get away from the electrical shocks.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Good. When one of these laws gets its foot in the door, private companies can no longer stop hateful tossers because of said laws.
True. But they can also deplatform unpopular political views.

Examples of unpopular political views are stuff like - equal rights for women, and decriminalising being gay.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
True. But they can also deplatform unpopular political views.

Examples of unpopular political views are stuff like - equal rights for women, and decriminalising being gay.

Think your unpopular views are a bit out of date tbh.

For instance, are we talking about the women who can have pensies or the old fashioned ones?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Think your unpopular views are a bit out of date tbh.
Clearly, not at the time they weren't.

For instance, are we talking about the women who can have pensies or the old fashioned ones?
If we're OK to ban these dingnuts from talking today, then we'd have been equally have been OK to ban gay and women's rights activism back then.

The argument is a clear one (and you well know it old bean) - we shouldn't be banning speech on the basis that the majority of us find it "outrageous".

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I clicked on a video on youtube. One of these American hunter types. Forest. Beard. Lumberjack shirt. Tattoos. Slightly paranoid. You get the idea.
"When using your slingshot, its very important to wear full camoflage. You'll be invisible to your prey. Plus you won't look like a dick"

:ROFLMAO:

"Barry your dinner's ready"
"Yes Mom"...

:ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom