SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Just been to the local shop by the new place we've bought, looks like they have the best selection of rolling papers in the town, soft drinks by Barr, 4 packs of Amstel and all the Relentless I can drink.

Almost feels like it's meant to be.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Just been to the local shop by the new place we've bought, looks like they have the best selection of rolling papers in the town, soft drinks by Barr, 4 packs of Amstel and all the Relentless I can drink.

Almost feels like it's meant to be.
Plus you'll be allowed in now, it's a local shop for local people!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
My wife gave birth at 2.15 this morning. Been wetting the babies head for the last few hours. Jesus Christ it's some experience
Congratulations!! :)
👶🍼

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
My Daughter has just gone off to school proudly carrying her project on the French Revolution (its a A2 sized poster). I'm wondering whether I'll get the phone call for the picture of the guillotine in action or Jean Marat being stabbed to death in his bath? Or from the parents of a classroom of traumatised 11 year olds?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I really hope weed is legalised before the arse completely falls out of crypto/nft

Tom

I am a FH squatter
FLIR_20220127_061616.jpgPXL_20220127_181622259.MP.jpg

40mm foam tile backer board in the bathroom. I haven't finished the shower mixer area so took a picture. 4 degree difference on a wall that has no cavity. Honestly I wish I'd done this years ago, I'm certainly going to insulate some other walls in the house.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Wasn't someone here unaware of the difference insulation made in houses or am I misremembering?

@Tom What's the cost for the stuff? Is something we'll probably think about

Tom

I am a FH squatter
That board is about £30+ a sheet:

I bought eight. A roll of glass fibre tape for taping up the joins, and a roll of waterproof tape for taping up the wet area joins (where the shower is). Plus a few bags of metal dowls for mechanically securing it to the walls (in addition to a few bags of flexible tile adhesive).

It's more expensive than regular insulation board because it has a cement coating for plastering, tiling etc. And the stuff I bought is fairly thick which pushes the price up. It's also completely waterproof once installed, lined, taped up etc. And you can build stuff out of it too, like a regular construction material.

There was probably 5-30mm of plaster on the walls (they're not that straight vertically) that I've hacked off. So now the board is on, I reckon I'll lose at most an inch in room space off the two walls I'm doing, but I don't think I'll notice that since it's only a bathroom and not a place I live in. But I had to do this anyway as 1)the false ceiling was fucked, and 2) the real ceiling was fucked, and 3)the walls needed replastering due to water ingress and 4) it was just looking ok but tired.

If you're thinking of renovating a room in your house, give serious thought to insulating walls and ceilings, even downstairs ceilings. It really does make a huge difference to how the room feels. And since this bathroom is at the top of the staircase, it being very well insulated now means a route for heat loss out of the house has mostly been closed off. So the whole house is a little bit warmer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom