SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

One of the arguments against is that it will ruin the view from the M40...

I mean, yeah, I prefer the M40 to the M1 when going to and from the in-laws...but really? What difference does it make when you're in 'get to where you're going' mode? M40 has no speed cameras...

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
They seem pretty fucking disastrous for any ecosystems underneath them in fairness.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Also, animals can still graze underneath.

...or just leave it as meadow, to encourage insects and bird life and so on.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Yes I've read those reports, from what I've read I still don't favour it since they can easily be put in places that aren't used such as the vast amount of unused roof space across the country.

Bodhi

So is ploughing...

Agreed, that's why I always laugh whenever Vegetarians start boring on about how ethical and cruelty free their diets are. A quick look at what gets thrown up by a harvester will quickly out paid to that notion.

So save ecosystems. Eat meat.

Bodhi

Agreed on the M40 though, easily the best non Toll Road in the country. Used that to set a PB from Heathrow to Stafford. 139 miles in 1 hr 50.

With a fuel stop......

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yes I've read those reports, from what I've read I still don't favour it since they can easily be put in places that aren't used such as the vast amount of unused roof space across the country.

Most roofs can't support the weight, especially industrial buildings.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Agreed on the M40 though, easily the best non Toll Road in the country. Used that to set a PB from Heathrow to Stafford. 139 miles in 1 hr 50.

With a fuel stop......

Well done on sticking to 70

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Most roofs can't support the weight, especially industrial buildings.

You may disagree @Embattle, but thankfully you aren't in the building trade :) Industrial buildings are essentially steel sheds, built to last 20-30 years. They just will not support the weight of panels, not without adding hundreds of thousands of cost to the building itself.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Edit timer.

Also, it is infinity easier to install panels on a field than houses...and we aren't quite at the stage where solar tiles are a realistic "thing" Tesla do them, but not on a large enough scale to mean anything (yet)

Embattle

FH is my second home
You may disagree @Embattle, but thankfully you aren't in the building trade :) Industrial buildings are essentially steel sheds, built to last 20-30 years. They just will not support the weight of panels, not without adding hundreds of thousands of cost to the building itself.

Well firstly you've no actual stats on it but my point wasn't so much about warehouse style buildings and even then you would struggle to get away with using the word most, more importantly there are plenty of houses that will and when we include them your most statement is utter tosh.

Plus in the home environment it isn't expensive or particularly complicated either.

Fields have much better uses than sticking solar panels whether it be for food production or truly trying to improve biodiversity.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah, by most, I mean, all industrial buildings. The roofs keep the rain off and the heat in (sometimes) that's about it, they are in no shape or form load bearing. To do so, they would need far more substantial buildings underneath, which would drive up cost to the point of them being a waste of investor's money.

And no, you can't retro-fit houses with panels on the scale enough that it actually matters. Roofs and housing (the actual buildings) take up far less space than you would think. It is far more economical to stick them in fields, and yes, ecosystems can work around them. Solar panels do not suck in light. There is more than enough light left over for plants and animals.

Edit, you have panels. You had a survey of your roof, you had guys come out to install them, how long did that take for your tiny little roof (all roofs are tiny in the greater scheme of things) now extrapolate that to "most" buildings? Do you even get enough power to power your house? Nope.

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You'll pay for everyone to have solar on their roofs but you won't pay for them to do the cheaper and more effective thing - insulate their houses?

Okay m8. I can see you've thought this through.

But I still love ya.

Embattle

FH is my second home
You'll pay for everyone to have solar on their roofs but you won't pay for them to do the cheaper and more effective thing - insulate their houses?

Okay m8. I can see you've thought this through.

But I still love ya.

I don't remember saying about paying for others to have them when they ultimately pay for themselves.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You're not in favour of them because they can easily be put in places that aren't used - roofs.

But they can only be easily put there if there is funding - which there isn't. So it makes roofs difficult places to put them - because there's no funding. So if it's easy - as you say - you've fixed the funding gap - which you'll only do through government intervention

And if we've got government intervention, the most cost-effective intervention (by far - and I mean really far) is insulating houses.

Et voila :)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Its 2 days before Christmas and I've ran out of Pigs in Blankets. :eek: :eek6:

Emergency supermarket run tomorrow morning.
Her last minute grocery list can feck off. I'm filling the trolley with bacon and sausages.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I've been told my pigs in blankets can feck off. I'll be going out for last minute groceries apparently and I'm not to spend ages chatting to the bloke who cuts keys either. I've got to get back as there's stuff to do. :eek:

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've been told my pigs in blankets can feck off. I'll be going out for last minute groceries apparently and I'm not to spend ages chatting to the bloke who cuts keys either. I've got to get back as there's stuff to do. :eek:
That is just wrong. Forget to buy whatever the missus has added to your list, i.e. it was not on the shelf when I got there.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
M&S shop done, Sainsburys shop done and home before 8am. So much nicer going when the fuckwitted browsers are still in bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom