SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Your post is nonsensical - that's why you got the shit emoji. You're clearly incapable of reading basic graphs and understanding trends and relationships. Hence the bullshit emoji.
A graph may show a trend but it does not explain any of the reasons or mitigating factors behind the data. As Churchill was fond of saying "lies, damned lies and statistics".
One mitigating factor in the 80s and 90s would be the rise of cartels and mass production which scaled massively. Doubt you could pin that on the Torries. American policy, CIA and Banking systems possibly.

Now we have new highly dangerous street drugs that people can make in their garage or shed. Anyone with chemistry degree can do it easily with very little equipment.

I do agree that the Torries have not done enough. I don't think Labour did either though and with the mess that the current Labour party is, I certainly would not vote them in right now.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
It's probably useful to note the rise of highly dangerous synthetic drugs in recent years as well.

Fentanyl is causing no end of similar issues over in the US, wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised to find it's having an effect over here.

Bodhi

Labour were in power for 13 years. Tories for 15. Not much more than 50%. But keep going. And for 5 of those tories were power sharing with the lib dems.

They are still in power in Wales, and according to the link posted drug deaths have gone up there as well. So we have the 3 major parties all in charge of a different part of the UK, apparently massively different policies, and all 3 are presiding over a shit show.

Sounds like a systemic issue rather than a colour of tie issue.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
They are still in power in Wales, and according to the link posted drug deaths have gone up there as well. So we have the 3 major parties all in charge of a different part of the UK, apparently massively different policies, and all 3 are presiding over a shit show.

Sounds like a systemic issue rather than a colour of tie issue.

Surely Wales and Scotland don't have the power to reclassify drugs?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
A graph may show a trend but it does not explain any of the reasons or mitigating factors behind the data. As Churchill was fond of saying "lies, damned lies and statistics".
One mitigating factor in the 80s and 90s would be the rise of cartels and mass production which scaled massively. Doubt you could pin that on the Torries. American policy, CIA and Banking systems possibly.

Now we have new highly dangerous street drugs that people can make in their garage or shed. Anyone with chemistry degree can do it easily with very little equipment.

I do agree that the Torries have not done enough. I don't think Labour did either though and with the mess that the current Labour party is, I certainly would not vote them in right now.
I'd buy that but for:

1) The fact that it increased under the Tories - fine, from the 80's to the 90's I'm totally happy that they didn't have a grip on things.
2) Labour came to power and deaths decreased (with a little lag for policy changes to take effect) - not rapidly, but things consistently improved - the trend is down.
3) The Tories get back into power and deaths increase (with a little lag for policy changes to take effect). Back to how things were previously.

That's very strong evidence that policy decisions taken by different ideologies have real effects on death rates. It's *clearly* associative.

It's so clear I'm amazed that we're even discussing this. The "we hate the tories" narrative that people pronounce is because the tories have form for cutting the services that Labour put in place to deal with this sort of shit. And guess what? Austerity.

So yeah, I don't buy your argument. It's clear and obvious that the Tories don't give a fuck about this sort of shit and it's leading to deaths. It's just now we've got the data to prove it, rather than in the 80's when the ONS wasn't producing this sort of stuff.

We should be using this sort of stuff to inform our voting decisions.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Tories in power, police and health budgets get strangled, Tories not in power, the reverse is true. Its really not rocket science. The police have restricted budgets and don't want to deal with users (can't say I blame them), and the NHS farm rehab out to charities for similar reasons.

Scotland's problem is more deprivation per capita than England or Wales and that's been the case for 40 years. Its only a couple of percentage points worse than England & Wales, but its persistent; it also leads to older junkies who are more likely to kick the bucket on any given day. Now, is Scotland's persistent poverty rate a left or right problem? The Tories certainly set the initial conditions, but have rarely had local power; so its the SNP's failure, right? Personally I doubt it; they've probably just managed to stop things from being even worse, but I can't prove that.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They are still in power in Wales,
It's bullshit. The powers deviate from the westminster policy has not been devolved at a Scottish or Welsh level. Drugs policy is set by the 1971 misuse of drugs act - and devolved parliaments as subject to the whims of westminster.

When the Tories are in power at Westminster drug deaths go up. Period.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
It's bullshit. The powers deviate from the westminster policy has not been devolved at a Scottish or Welsh level. Drugs policy is set by the 1971 misuse of drugs act - and devolved parliaments as subject to the whims of westminster.

When the Tories are in power at Westminster drug deaths go up. Period.
Policing is though. At least at scottish level been devolved. So how they deal with it is separate to england and wales.

i said we need to decriminalise it. But currently only the lib dems want that so labpur would be no different.

otherwise its just putting a band aid on a arterial bleed.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
i said we need to decriminalise it. But currently only the lib dems want that so labpur would be no different.

otherwise its just putting a band aid on a arterial bleed.
We agree completely on this. 100%.

But the whole point is in the absence of decriminalisation or another change in law Labour policy saves lives and the Tory policy kills people.

That's the evidence and is plain and clear.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
We agree completely on this. 100%.

But the whole point is in the absence of decriminalisation or another change in law Labour policy saves lives and the Tory policy kills people.

That's the evidence and is plain and clear.
If you say so. But others here disagree.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If you say so. But others here disagree.
They'd be wrong. The data proves it.

Of course, if they can find other data to support their alternative argument (if they have an argument (other than "I disagree")).

Bodhi

Looking at the graph it looks like during the Labour years things didn't get much worse rather than improving, in fact there are a few years where the numbers go back up again.

That's if you're a man, if you're a woman it just looks like things have steadily got worse over the years.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@Tom

Seems a no brainer to me to mandate a few external distribution hubs in cities and fleets of cargo bikes snaking their way into towns. Would keep the vans, their emissions, congestion and death by collisions off our streets

(Could double up as a drone delivery hub too eventually)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
A van can carry 1.5 tonne of parcels, you would need more of them (more staff) to deliver a large quantity of parcels quickly by bike. Wages, insurance and so on, the hourly unit cost is going to be £15-20 per delivery chap, for a company. More hubs, more building costs.

Delivery vans will all be electric soon anyway, and we will see Amazon drones within the next 5 years.

If Amazon could get stuff to you quicker and cheaper than a van then they would be doing it :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Funny but two aircraft neither the Royal Navy or Air Force operated. From memory Sea Hawk had folding wings nd then right back to the Sea Fury for another. F16 would have been a great upgrade over the Jaguar/Tornado ADV for the RAF. Instead, we put money into converting a low level fast jet bomber into an air defence variant. Never really worked well.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Also that seems to be a F14 Tomcat.
i dont think the account lives and dies n accuracy ;)

another travel list change another load of clips of people complaining they have their holidays ruined.

how many does it have to happen to before everyone realises we have no sympathy that their holiday is cut short. The knew the risks seen it happen many times before and still moan about it.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
i dont think the account lives and dies n accuracy ;)

another travel list change another load of clips of people complaining they have their holidays ruined.

how many does it have to happen to before everyone realises we have no sympathy that their holiday is cut short. The knew the risks seen it happen many times before and still moan about it.

'we'? I agree with you for the start of the pandemic, but since the Government did nothing until it was too late and then bring in a system which obviously benefits the wealthy... (And they're increasing the costs of coming from a red country, because it doesn't cover the costs ((lol))).

If you mean 'we' as in people that don't like to go abroad, pandemic or not. Then isn't that pretty selfish of you?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
'we'? I agree with you for the start of the pandemic, but since the Government did nothing until it was too late and then bring in a system which obviously benefits the wealthy... (And they're increasing the costs of coming from a red country, because it doesn't cover the costs ((lol))).

If you mean 'we' as in people that don't like to go abroad, pandemic or not. Then isn't that pretty selfish of you?
Nope we as in the part of the public who have seen this can happen multiple times in the last few months and still see people continue to book holidays and are surprised when the changes happen. Then complain about it.

they know they are taking a risk and just dont like it when that risk doesnt pay off.

why should i be sympathetic to these people who have all these facts at hand and still do it. If they wanted a risk free holiday doit in the uk.

if you are not part of that we then so be it. I don’t think I am alone.

2019 i visited 3 continents and 6 different countries. I have nothing against travel. Its the gambling with the system and moaning about it when you lose

yes that travel killed the planet a bit more. Im sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom