SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Im sure it's just MSM left woke peeps that object
To be fair a lot of the brands were saying they weren't aware that their agencies had placed them on there. I know a lot said the same thing about Breitbart a few years ago but it seems odd that it would work that way for telly.

Even so. A lot would rather wait a few months before advertising there. They won't know how well the channel is going down for a while yet. I wouldn't want to jump in feet first unless I specifically wanted to target the covid-denier audience.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Anti lockdown nutters harassing a journalist because he isn't anti lockdown.

Why didn't the police do anything?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
To be fair a lot of the brands were saying they weren't aware that their agencies had placed them on there. I know a lot said the same thing about Breitbart a few years ago but it seems odd that it would work that way for telly.

Even so. A lot would rather wait a few months before advertising there. They won't know how well the channel is going down for a while yet. I wouldn't want to jump in feet first unless I specifically wanted to target the covid-denier audience.

TVRs (ad slots) are often sold as packages across multiple channels; especially the cheap filler ads (the daytime telly insurance ads etc). The media buyer will just specify target demographics and I've no doubt as a new channel they're claiming all kinds of bullshit about their audience, which won't have been audited yet.

Unfortunately its very easy to buy advertising in places that might come back and bite you on the arse.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Anti lockdown nutters harassing a journalist because he isn't anti lockdown.

Why didn't the police do anything?
Think they werent sure who he was to begin with i see one copper going in his direction to make sure he is actually allowed to enter.
but i agree. Maybe theres some sort of we wont do anything cause we might look bad in the news issue

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Maybe the Kopparberg thing is a virtue signalling publicity stunt. Can't believe an agency would be making a major placement decision without sign off. Not how that industry works.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Have not watched GBNews, is it going full retard Fox/CNN or doing what Andrew Neil said it would, be unbiased?

Did see it had higher numbers than Sky and BBC News channels.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Have not watched GBNews, is it going full retard Fox/CNN or doing what Andrew Neil said it would, be unbiased?

To be fair, if you say unbiased these days it means you are anti-left, by default.

No comment on GB news, I'm not that interested, but if you aren't towing the line you are dead.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
To be fair, if you say unbiased these days it means you are anti-left, by default.

No comment on GB news, I'm not that interested, but if you aren't towing the line you are dead.
I think they are after all the piers morgan viewers from gmb

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Oh God. My Mum has rung me about 5 times tonight already and left messages asking how she can watch GB News.

Fuck that. I'm turning the phone off.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

2 situations in which 24 hour rolling news is on the telly:

In a foyer of a fancy office or hotel

In the living room of someone obsessed with a fucking Culture War

That's why GB news will do well in the ratings

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Maybe the Kopparberg thing is a virtue signalling publicity stunt. Can't believe an agency would be making a major placement decision without sign off. Not how that industry works.

It is exactly how that industry works, as someone else pointed out. GBNews probably not rated yet which is why Kopparberg ended up there. It was probably programmatic rather than manual.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Thing is, isn't Kopparberg targeted at your general fuckwit in the pub that watches this sort of shit?

It's not exactly quality cider, it's strongbow with a fancy name.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Thing is, isn't Kopparberg targeted at your general fuckwit in the pub that watches this sort of shit?

It's not exactly quality cider, it's strongbow with a fancy name.

Possibly partly that. It was likely AI (programmatic) tech that placed it there, because it doesnt know enough about the GB news demographic yet. I'm not an expert on it but my wife has worked in ad sales, media buying etc for 10 years+ so I've picked up a few things!

I expect Kopparbergs target demographic is young lads though rather than gammon.

Edit - i see some other brands such as IKEA have had the same complaint.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
He got someone to write that while he took a shit.

He could not care less.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
It is exactly how that industry works, as someone else pointed out. GBNews probably not rated yet which is why Kopparberg ended up there. It was probably programmatic rather than manual.

Sorry but don't believe that at all. Placing ads on a new TV channel would need sign off. Especially now given cancel culture and how problematic GBNews was for some people with all the news stories it generated before launch. virtue signalling is its own type of advertising these days in the twatospere.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@Hawkwind - they likely have gone to an ad company to target advertising at a particular demographic across tv/print/internet media. The buyer will have had a package ready and pushed them out across that space.

It's likely that the contract states what demographics and numbers of views rather than what channels.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
@Hawkwind - they likely have gone to an ad company to target advertising at a particular demographic across tv/print/internet media. The buyer will have had a package ready and pushed them out across that space.

It's likely that the contract states what demographics and numbers of views rather than what channels.
Given that, you would think there would be lots more problematic occurrences. if agencies really are just using bots to figure this out then it's daft given how things change so quickly in the world of the self proclaimed morally superior.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Sorry but don't believe that at all. Placing ads on a new TV channel would need sign off. Especially now given cancel culture and how problematic GBNews was for some people with all the news stories it generated before launch. virtue signalling is its own type of advertising these days in the twatospere.

You don't have to believe it, but it's true.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Given that, you would think there would be lots more problematic occurrences. if agencies really are just using bots to figure this out then it's daft given how things change so quickly in the world of the self proclaimed morally superior.
As I said, the problem is because GB News isn't rated properly yet. The reason it doesn't happen often is because a new channel like this being launched is a rare event.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

Your posts really do read like this article.

I just find it funny because it's like fighting with fire whilst both sides think they have the moral high ground over each other.

Question is, who's orchestrating this and why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom