SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Given that, you would think there would be lots more problematic occurrences. if agencies really are just using bots to figure this out then it's daft given how things change so quickly in the world of the self proclaimed morally superior.

Here you go...

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Here you go...
Showed this to my wife and she said that when she worked at channel 4 ad sales she used to get complaints from agencies all the time about where their clients ads had been placed

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Showed this to my wife and she said that when she worked at channel 4 ad sales she used to get complaints from agencies all the time about where their clients ads had been placed

Its the 80/20 rule. Media Buyers/Clients will be all over the most high profile bits of the media plan (e.g. the TVRs on Coronation Street or Euro 2020 etc.) but then they will be buying filler at the bottom of the plan and they just tick a package and move on. It used to be worse in digital where media buyers would take "blind" programmatic display buys (at ludicrously cheap CPMs) just to push volume. These blind buys relied on the sites themselves self-describing what they did, or using their SEO metadata. Garbage in, garbage out, so it was no great surprise when I was working for a large telco that we suddenly had broadband ads on The Pirate Bay, and were being sued by the entire music industry five minutes later. Didn't have a leg to stand on, and I spent the next year fixing marketing's fuck ups. Fortunately this kind of thing has gone away, sort of, you just end up with your ads next to rabid fuckwits on Facebook instead these days.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Oh wow, right in the balls, he isn't used to that.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
CCTV footage of that cable car accident in Italy a few weeks ago. Might be NSFW - no visible gore or anything but just the knowledge that everybody on board died apart from one 5 year old boy (who lost his brother, parents and great-grandparents).

All because the emergency brake had been intentionally disabled because there was a hydraulic leak which caused it to occasionally kick in and stop the cabin and disabling it entirely was cheaper/easier than actually fixing the issue. I initially thought the car had just dropped off the line which would be a bad enough way to go but to slide out of control down the cable and then fly off when it hit the tower is horrifying.

Edit - the video was a bit fucked, here's the source.

Last edited:

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Thing is, isn't Kopparberg targeted at your general fuckwit in the pub that watches this sort of shit?

It's not exactly quality cider, it's strongbow with a fancy name.

When i was 17-18 we had Kopparbergs ’fruit’ cider with 7,2 % alcohol content. That was no Strongbow - just sugary alcohol-water with fruity taste.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
We have a huge Carlsberg brewery in town, despite being grotty Carlsberg, the smell is divine sometimes.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Accidentally bought some alcohol free Birra Moretti. It isn't actually that bad.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The thing is, commercially is there even a market for it? It's not like the nutters get loads of donations from mental folk like the US. And it really is a tiny minority of people that buy into that shit so advertisers will steer well clear (as we have seen)

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
The thing is, commercially is there even a market for it? It's not like the nutters get loads of donations from mental folk like the US. And it really is a tiny minority of people that buy into that shit so advertisers will steer well clear (as we have seen)

I think there is, culture war is very much the zeitgeist for people who don't get out enough. Not sure it has a long shelf life but there is certainly an audience for it now, as the ratings have shown. Audiences mean advertising revenue, plenty of brands and agencies won't care.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom