SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
No it isn't. It's about women.

It's always about women.
They are demanding a safe environment to walk around in. As if no one else wants that as well.

i think the point is a man is more likely to have been assaulted than a woman. So it should be safe for all.

theres different reasons for each encounter and women are more likely to have a sexual element in it than men. But at the end of the day theres nothing you can do about it than keep educating and mopping up if events occur.

unless you ban the whole of society from going out And mixing. Theres always some nutter with a twisted world view who is a danger to people. You cant ban them or do anything until you know who they are. And at that point the crime has usually occurred.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I had to google meninist, I thought you meant mentalist, what a stupid concept.

Indeed.

It would be interesting to see if the tides were turned in a matriarchal society, but there isn't many :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Happy mother's day @Scouse I hope you have a wonderful day
I've bought eggs, beef and had a massive massive* shit, thank you very much :)

*I'm actually sat on my settee recovering for fifteen minutes with a cup of tea before I go out for a walk. My bottom is still a bit sore and "gapey".

Ormorof

FH is my second home
So I just read the UK is planning on introducing a law that would allow a protest to be considered illegal if it distrubts "an organisation"

...Isnt that the whole point of a protest?

Embattle

FH is my second home
So I just read the UK is planning on introducing a law that would allow a protest to be considered illegal if it distrubts "an organisation"

I believe it is to do with noise level.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Yep. Peaceful protest can potentially should be disruptive.

The gvt. is gearing up because the likes of extinction rebellion are effective and costly in the face of governmental failure to act - as good protest should be. If you aren't fucking people off you are achieving nothing.

I wish I knew where I could find the article online but New Scientist printed an article (years ago) showing that peaceful protest was generally ineffective and violent protest brought about change.

If the government continues to squeeze legitimate peaceful protest (albeit disruptive) then I suspect we'll see a potential increase in "domestic terrorism" (their term, not one I think accurate) in response as an exasperated public has no outlet for their frustrations in the face of massive structural problems.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I don't think extinction rebellion have been effective, I don't find people you piss off are likely to help you at all.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't think extinction rebellion have been effective, I don't find people you piss off are likely to help you at all.
Those people are a lost cause anyway.

Significant swathes of society don't give a fuck about the environment and want the noise caused by XR to go away. This is what these laws are about.

The noise itself is a demonstration of efficacy. It's been disruptive - but the government response is to crack down on peaceful protest rather than fix the issues.

The answer, clearly, is to continue to protest, and risk criminalisation.

If the government continues to up the ante, the fringe protestors will respond in kind. So expect a larger bill.

Of course, we could legislate to fix our environmental problems. Maybe even live up to the minimum standard of our legal obligations.

But nope. We'll continue to act like chimps.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
[Lights out. Lois and Peter are in bed]
Lois: Peter ! Peter ! Get up ! There's a caterpillar in the bed !
Peter: Oh that's, uh, that's me.
[Lois turns the lamp on]
Lois: what ?
Peter: How do I put this delicately ? My hog cannot partake in the slop this evening

Source: Family Guy, Season 12, Episode 9

Embattle

FH is my second home

I remember reading and seeing complaints by Megan Markle because her father had a habit of doing something similar all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom