SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Political parties aren't individuals.
Agree, totally. 100%

Which is why I pointed out that lobbyists, donor funding etc. etc are hot potatoes.

I don't understand why some people find the concept of an individual's freedom of speech and thought so hard to grasp. It's exasperating!

There seems to be desire to shoehorn corporations, political parties, corner shops and penguins into the same sphere of the rights of the individual.

(Mostly by those who don't like the concept of free speech, I've noticed. In the same way some people conflate antisemitism and criticism of israel - it makes sensible conversation much harder to have and pushes their agenda)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
People that eat crap all the time don't need advertising to eat more crap and even if they do then they can't want that awful shit as much as they thought they might so taking away the constant reminders might help them.

But...for people that are quite happy with their balanced (with the odd treat) diet then advertising might make them become someone that eats crap all the time. We eat crap for a reason, the short term reward it gives us, it can be addictive. The long term effects are pretty obvious and well documented.

Instead of whining about it, these firms should be making healthier food.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
The thing is, its fine in moderation. Not the companies fault that people have no self control imo.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Job, it is an article intended to provoke debate, it is not the Guardian supporting child labour, ffs.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The thing is, its fine in moderation. Not the companies fault that people have no self control imo.
Rubbish.

Advertising works. Period. That's why they spend billions of dollars on it. And nobody is immune.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Instead of whining about it, these firms should be making healthier food.

Good food doesn't sell to 90% of the western world, why wouldn't they cater to the majority who'd rather feed their kids big macs all day?

Money > Health.

Edit:

Also, cheap bad food is easy to make and source.

Cheap food + mark up + advertising budget == Money.

Go back to 1.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Problem with banning advertising is that it won't actually stop people eating shit, it will just stop new entries to the market, allowing the big guys to consolidate their market position. Already been seen in the tobacco industry, and the same will happen in fast food.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Thanks to banning the advertisement of tobacco (and a load of other things) we have also seen a massive decrease in people that smoke and even bigger decline in people taking it up in the first place.

It has become largely socially unacceptable.

If only we could do the same for sordid little grief meals.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Problem with banning advertising is that it won't actually stop people eating shit
It had a big effect on children taking up smoking - the tobacco industry was up in arms and rates are now lower than ever.

The big players can consolidate their shit - who gives a fuck if there's no more new entries into the junk food market - they'd just be bringing more junk food to the party.

They know it'll have an effect - that's why they're whining en-masse. It's going to hit their bottom line.

Bodhi

Thanks to banning the advertisement of tobacco (and a load of other things) we have also seen a massive decrease in people that smoke and even bigger decline in people taking it up in the first place.

It has become largely socially unacceptable.

Banning tobacco advertising had very little to do with reduction in smoking rates, that's more the extra tax and restrictions on where you can smoke. It's also made it much harder for tobacco companies to introduce reduced harm products like IQOS, as they can't get the word out that these things exist. Switching smokers over to Heat Not Burn and vaping sounds like it would be a massive public health win, but if no one knows what's available, people will continue to smoke.

Anyway, off for a Quarter Pounder with Cheese. With extra bacon.

Mmmmmmmm. Yummy.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Banning tobacco advertising had very little to do with reduction in smoking rates,
Wrong.

Advertising and promotion pushes up take-up rates in children.

When the advertising ban was brought in then take-up rates in children fell off a cliff.

Bodhi

Wrong.

Advertising and promotion pushes up take-up rates in children.

When the advertising ban was brought in then take-up rates in children fell off a cliff.

Fact check - false.

The tobacco advertising ban was brought in in 2002 - looking at the below from the NHS, I'd suggest if that's it falling off a cliff, you must have some thoroughly underwhelming cliffs in Wales.

Part 4: Smoking patterns among young people - NHS Digital

A slight dip, followed by it bouncing back the year after.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Nope. Some people are pissed off at me because I've upset moriath.

That's their perogative - they're free to call me a cunt.
Lets just get something understood.
just because i am over weight doesnt mean i eat burgers and chocolate all day long. Just because i dont think all adverts should be band for ‘junk’ food also doesnt mean i eat it.

the reason i put on weight about 20 years ago were many but mostly cause of depression and hypothyroidism.

since my diagnosis for autism i have managed but not cured the depression and i am on hormone replacement for the thyroid problem.
since then i have gradually been lowering my weight.

what i am trying to say is the reasons people put weight on are many and diverse. And just because they are over weight doesnt mean they feast on burgers and fries all the time.

Your vitriol against those who are not as perfect as you makes me wonder about your state of mind. Not everyone is as good as you apparently. And if they are not then you like to personally insult them. While having no knowledge of how or what that person is doing.

the only junk items in my weekly shop are crisps. And i think i am allowed one vice. We eat mostly fresh veggies and cook from scratch a lot.

so yes you are a cunt and will be until you understand your judgements are sanctimonious and can be harmful for people with non stable mental states.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Fact check - false.

The tobacco advertising ban was brought in in 2002 - looking at the below from the NHS, I'd suggest if that's it falling off a cliff, you must have some thoroughly underwhelming cliffs in Wales.

Part 4: Smoking patterns among young people - NHS Digital

A slight dip, followed by it bouncing back the year after.
Its all nudge theory. The pick pick pick of our liberties and decisions.

the only reason this ban is not being looked at is because Boris blames his covid experience on his weight. If he had not gotten it then it wouldnt be on the agenda.

i agree with not advertising to kids. But adults should be allowed to make their own minds about things given the facts. Thats not happening at the moment.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
You remind me of those people that justify slavery by saying the Africans did it first.

Totally different.
No the arabs did it first in our recent history, the africans are still doing it, and funnily enough we spent a good chunk if our fortune stopping the trade.
Probably call it racist now...interfering with cultural norms or insert academic buzzword.

Bodhi

Lets just get something understood.
just because i am over weight doesnt mean i eat burgers and chocolate all day long. Just because i dont think all adverts should be band for ‘junk’ food also doesnt mean i eat it.

the reason i put on weight about 20 years ago were many but mostly cause of depression and hypothyroidism.

since my diagnosis for autism i have managed but not cured the depression and i am on hormone replacement for the thyroid problem.
since then i have gradually been lowering my weight.

what i am trying to say is the reasons people put weight on are many and diverse. And just because they are over weight doesnt mean they feast on burgers and fries all the time.

Your vitriol against those who are not as perfect as you makes me wonder about your state of mind. Not everyone is as good as you apparently. And if they are not then you like to personally insult them. While having no knowledge of how or what that person is doing.

the only junk items in my weekly shop are crisps. And i think i am allowed one vice. We eat mostly fresh veggies and cook from scratch a lot.

so yes you are a cunt and will be until you understand your judgements are sanctimonious and can be harmful for people with non stable mental states.

Good post, however I think it's absolutely fucking shocking that you've had to make it frankly. For someone who seems to care so much about the little guy, a certain poster on here has quite an alarming empathy bypass. Maybe it's latent psychopathy, maybe it's Empathy Deficit Disorder, or maybe, he's just a massive cunt who spends most of his day sniffing his own farts thinking about how awesome he is.

Whichever, it really isn't a good look, to say the least.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Its all nudge theory. The pick pick pick of our liberties and decisions.

the only reason this ban is not being looked at is because Boris blames his covid experience on his weight. If he had not gotten it then it wouldnt be on the agenda.

i agree with not advertising to kids. But adults should be allowed to make their own minds about things given the facts. Thats not happening at the moment.
Tobacco ban ..cos evil tobacco

Cannabis for everyone!
Er..its loads worse than a normal cigarette.

Racist!

Bodhi

• They jump fast into criticizing others without putting themselves in other people’s shoes.
  • They seem to be cold or just out of touch for people that are suffering or are less fortunate.
  • They believe 100% in the rightness of their own ideas and/or beliefs, and judge anyone who does not hold their beliefs as wrong, ignorant or stupid.
  • They have trouble feeling happy for others.
  • They have trouble making or keeping friends.
  • They have trouble getting along with family members.
  • They feel entitled to receiving favors and use you to serve their needs without showing appreciation. They will even get offended if they don’t get their way.
  • In a group setting, they will talk a lot about themselves and their lives without really caring about what other people share.
  • They do or say something that hurts a friend or a loved one, and tend to blame his/her actions on them. They truly believe that the fault is in the person receiving the hurt because they reacted poorly, were rude or were oversensitive.

Sounds awfully familiar to me.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

Sounds awfully familiar to me.

I disagree.

It seems that there's a correlation of recent events in the world and his attitude to things.

He's made it pretty clear in the past that he doesn't believe that words have an effect on people on the internet, so he's going to go out of his way to prove his point, but it appears it's back fired since there's rules on forums which expect a certain level of respect and decency which appears to have gone out of the window, and it's not just Scouse.

I guess what I'm saying is @MYstIC G is completely right and I'll try to do more to be less of a cunt, we wouldn't speak to each other irl in such a manner.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I guess what I'm saying is @MYstIC G is completely right and I'll try to do more to be less of a cunt, we wouldn't speak to each other irl in such a manner.

This. Please read and comprehend, then apply.
Thanks.

Edit - I mean we should ALL take this on board, not just @Gwadien

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
He's made it pretty clear in the past that he doesn't believe that words have an effect on people on the internet,
I've never said any such thing. You really need to stop making stuff up.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
He's made it pretty clear in the past that he doesn't believe that words have an effect on people on the internet, so he's going to go out of his way to prove his point, but it appears it's back fired since there's rules on forums which expect a certain level of respect and decency which appears to have gone out of the window, and it's not just Scouse.

To be clear, Scouse has not received any official warning or penalty, just a few pointed remarks and we have also had a private chat about the situation which obviously I am not going to share.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

Having said that, Large haddock, large chips, battered sausage and a battered Mars bar from the "A Taste of Scotland" section of the chippy's menu tonight.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Having said that, Large haddock, large chips, battered sausage and a battered Mars bar from the "A Taste of Scotland" section of the chippy's menu tonight.
Still less dangerous than tobacco lol 🤪

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom