SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Pretty cool, but I wanted an explanation how the Sun was a perfect black body.

Job

Wrong.
I shone my bike light at it yesterday.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Because all the light coming from the sun is from emission and none from reflection.
Black body radiation isn't reflection - it's emission of radiation from a body.

If you had, say, a black brick and put it in the sun it would absorb the rays and get warm. If you then took it inside to a black room it would emit radiation in the infra red spectrum to warm things up - that's the easiest way to conceptualise black body radiation.

Job

We just need a conversation...the one we are never allowed to have.

Why is mass immigration a policy around the western world?

Just sit down and explain it to us..the advantages and if our government even actually has any say in it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's almost like your version of UK history is completely different from actual UK history...

We have had mass immigration for thousands of years, the UK is literally built on the back of immigration.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

Just sit down and explain it to us..the advantages and if our government even actually has any say in it.

Because mass immigration is inevitable. You can't stop people from moving from one place to another, even if you shoot them their relatives are still going to come back pissed off.

What we need to do is create wealth in high emigration countries so they don't need to leave, that will also reverse the damage we've done to the planet (see Attenborough's latest thing on Netflix.)

We can't do that whilst poor people are brain washed into defending rich people though.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

1. Because white people ain't getting jiggy enough. Declining birthrates means declining economic performance and a reduced tax base. The only countries that have young populations that want to work and want to have a better life are Trump's favourites, "the shit countries"
2. Because you won't stop it anyway (see point 1). People have been moving to get a better life for 400 years, and when it was white people doing it that was fine (actually it wasn't) but now the roles are reversed the descendants of the same white people who did very well out of emigration are the first to bleat about it. Add in the fact that its simply much easier to migrate now than its ever been (even the worst migrant journey in the back of truck or over the Rio Grande is nothing compared to what Scots and Irish emigrants endured to get to North America or Australia), and you're fighting a losing battle. And like I always say, the ones who get all the way to the UK are usually the ones who wanted it most (the vast majority of migrants go to the next country over that's a little bit better) and are more likely to be useful to your society.

The problem with mass immigration is not the volume of people arriving, its the mechanisms for integrating them into society when they do arrive. We were getting better and better at that, but we've regressed over the last 20 years because well-meaning idiots insist that all cultures have equal worth and allow (nay, encourage) people to remain culturally separate, which is a recipe for long-term disaster, but that has nothing to do with skin colour.

Job

I would add in that the native population slowly get lazy and demand more comforts and protections, an immigrant influx of people willing to accept worse conditions and lower pay are a boost to the economy....and the 1%.

The damage it is doing to the fabric of society is accepted because those in power just fuck off to whitesville holidays anyway.

Gwadien

The problem with mass immigration is not the volume of people arriving, its the mechanisms for integrating them into society when they do arrive. We were getting better and better at that, but we've regressed over the last 20 years because well-meaning idiots insist that all cultures have equal worth and allow (nay, encourage) people to remain culturally separate, which is a recipe for long-term disaster, but that has nothing to do with skin colour.

What's the solution to this? Because I don't see forcing people into a culture working very well - see France where they've done that but at the same time also created Europe's hotbed of extremism in Marseille.

Personally, I think it's more down to the individuals in communities rather than governments trying to force a culture to all.

Gwadien

I would add in that the native population slowly get lazy and demand more comforts and protections

A bit like a part-time plumber who wants immigrants kicked out because they do a cheaper/better job? :)

Yeah

Job

It's almost like your version of UK history is completely different from actual UK history...

We have had mass immigration for thousands of years, the UK is literally built on the back of immigration.

No, it was a trickle over centuries, we have reduced London to 45% white british in 60 years.
Thats effectively an invasion.

Gwadien

No, it was a trickle over centuries, we have reduced London to 45% white british in 60 years.
Thats effectively an invasion.

So your problem isn't about non-British people it's about non-white people?

Just admit it :(

Job

Theyve all but gone now as Polands economy grows.
Never affected me anyway

Job

So your problem isn't about non-British people it's about non-white people?

Just admit it :(
Well of fickin course it is...and its not the 'colour of their skin', it complete lack of integration.

Gwadien

Well of fickin course it is...and its not the 'colour of their skin', it complete lack of integration.

That link does not show integration, it shows people's ethnicities.

Also you keep talking about integration, when was the last time you spoke to a non-white person who wasn't 'integrated'?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
What's the solution to this? Because I don't see forcing people into a culture working very well - see France where they've done that but at the same time also created Europe's hotbed of extremism in Marseille.

Personally, I think it's more down to the individuals in communities rather than governments trying to force a culture to all.

Some carrot, some stick. Take away tax-exempt status for religions (ALL religions), and narrow the focus of foreign language support in engagement with social services to new migrants for a limited period. Don't allow for things like husbands being allowed to engage with social services on behalf of their wives, and then come down hard on "culturally unacceptable" practices like forced marriage etc. (there are loopholes that need to be closed); and I mean hard; next plane back to origin-hard. On the carrot side, education supports, particularly languages, at an elevated level for migrants for the first two years; and also retraining/recertification supports for skilled migrants like engineers etc. Get them to the point where they feel they have a stake in the country, but if they're still not language proficient after two (or five) years, bye bye (and this includes mothers).

You have to make it a social contract which basically says "our rules, no arguments, until you satisfy our criteria", just like a skilled migrant would do to get a green card, but don't let the families get a free pass, which is what happens now. None of this would be forcing our culture on anyone, but would give migrants the proper tools to integrate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom