SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So basically - lots of people with researched books and one website that says "it's all lies" - and we have to believe it?

Question is: Why should we believe that?

Personally, never heard of her. But hey ho.
Same never heard of this woman until this morning.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Disagree. That means you should discredit any historical figure pre ww2 because they were more than likely anti-semitic.

What are your thoughts on Churchill?

Great leader, bit of a cunt. Not everything is black and white.

Character flaws are often swept under the rug for figures who are held in great reverence. For instance, did you know that Roald Dahl was an absolutely raging anti-semite - in later life as well - not when he was fighting the Nazis in WWII. Conversely, this would be used to disparage someone who became a figure of hate for someone bullshit identity politics reason.

What would Harriet Tubman or Lizzie Graham have thought about someone like Seacole going round saying they have to distance themselves from those "lazy creoles" or comparing black people to Monkeys? Civil Rights didn't start with MLK.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
You answered your own question.

You're also talking about someone who lived in the 19th century.

So there's a couple of things;

- Most wounded men died in battle because the medicine still wasn't sufficient at that time.
- Using her mum's Jamaican techniques would be laughable today, but back then it was pioneering stuff, they sterilised, and maintained a high level of hygiene way before Nightingale did, she saved lives.
- She went there under her own steam.
- She went to a war zone.
- She was dual heritage, which meant that she faced just as much resentment than blacks, yet she still did it.

All Rosa Parks did was sit on a bus - does that mean you discredit her too?

She distanced herself from black people because that's how you'd fit in 19th century society, same with anti-Semitism. I don't think you can discredit people because they were products of the society at the time.

This is what I find bizarre though, is that she went to Crimera and saved lives using medicine others were not. That makes her a British hero, if you wish to remove the race part, that's why I find it so bizarre that Job is trying to discredit her.

I do know why though - it's because most schools in the UK don't teach about Nightingale anymore but teach about Seacole instead, because historians (not 'liberal' teachers) consider her to be just as important as Nightingale, if not more, but her importance is undermined because she isn't white. So Job probably found this information on some alt-right forum who have racist parents who are upset their kids are learning about non-white famous Britons.

Problem is of course, that she isn't as important as Florence Nightingale from an impact/effect on hospital processes perspective;; not even close; so the raising up of Seacole as a black equivalent of Florence Nightingale is disingenuous; and if schools are teaching about her in that context its just flat out wrong.

However, that's not the real issue here; its not the message, its the messenger. Because @Job is irrevocably tainted as a commentator on any topic with a racial component because his motivations are permanently suspect. Mary Seacole could have been torturing toddlers and it wouldn't matter because we all know why @Job would be talking about it.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I heard about Mary Seacole over a decade ago, I think Simon Schama had a bit on her in his A History of Britain series.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I've been asked to find something I want for my 33rd birthday.. Up to £200 - Anyone got any ideas? Ideally something not totally useless? Tech, kitchen things (No appliances), useful gadgets?

EDIT:

Am thinking (ideas): Chef knife, santoku knife, Elgato Ring Light, couple of kettlebell + dumbbells, RISK (The game), THPS Remastered, WoW SL - All this sounds crap - Other than the knives..

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Really looking forward to this new film. When I saw the first Borat in the cinema, I was literally ROFLing. I think I was high on something at the time mind. Funniest film i've ever seen in the cinema, without a doubt.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Well
Problem is of course, that she isn't as important as Florence Nightingale from an impact/effect on hospital processes perspective;; not even close; so the raising up of Seacole as a black equivalent of Florence Nightingale is disingenuous; and if schools are teaching about her in that context its just flat out wrong.

However, that's not the real issue here; its not the message, its the messenger. Because @Job is irrevocably tainted as a commentator on any topic with a racial component because his motivations are permanently suspect. Mary Seacole could have been torturing toddlers and it wouldn't matter because we all know why @Job would be talking about it.
Well Im glad you can admit to your failings.
I mean ignoring the truth and calling the messenger a racist is the de facto response of the left.
Of course after a while people just start ignoring you and then no one is talking...add in not listening because you dont like the opinion and tbh it would be better if we just put the right in charge and let the left live in some simulation.

Which is actually where they are now, rewriting history and the present.
I can fully appreciate Churchill was as racist as Seacole.
But if Churchill hadnt actually had anything to do with WW2 and went around calling white people stupid crackers, I dont think we would have a statue of him, but we are quite happy to create this persona for black people..and it was obviously white people who reinvented her, so they could have a hero who was no such thing.
Its abusive to black people to do that when they have so many real ones.

Jup says my access is restricted because I post racist material and dont back up statements with truth and that he has a legal duty to do that, if any of my posts are breaking some laws I'd love to see them.

Well you know what happens when I do post links.
Why should we believe that...its obviously some white supremacist site.
Look it up yourself then...step outside your bubble.
At least Gwad has a go and returns with his spin on the facts.
I quite clearly dont post racist material...no one has ever found one.
Its just uncomfortable opinions and truths and if theyre not then point it out.

Facepalms and bullshits just mean a closed mind.

You question my motivation.
Well that would be not to just roll over and agree with a system designed to squash free thought.

I think Jups idea for me getting along better here would be a frontal lobotomy.

Its difficult to frame my posts properly because Im typing in a small box with 6 lines of txt , guess thats the price you pay for leaving the office world.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Well

Well Im glad you can admit to your failings.
I mean ignoring the truth and calling the messenger a racist is the de facto response of the left.
Of course after a while people just start ignoring you and then no one is talking...add in not listening because you dont like the opinion and tbh it would be better if we just put the right in charge and let the left live in some simulation.

Which is actually where they are now, rewriting history and the present.
I can fully appreciate Churchill was as racist as Seacole.
But if Churchill hadnt actually had anything to do with WW2 and went around calling white people stupid crackers, I dont think we would have a statue of him, but we are quite happy to create this persona for black people..and it was obviously white people who reinvented her, so they could have a hero who was no such thing.
Its abusive to black people to do that when they have so many real ones.

Jup says my access is restricted because I post racist material and dont back up statements with truth and that he has a legal duty to do that, if any of my posts are breaking some laws I'd love to see them.

Well you know what happens when I do post links.
Why should we believe that...its obviously some white supremacist site.
Look it up yourself then...step outside your bubble.
At least Gwad has a go and returns with his spin on the facts.
I quite clearly dont post racist material...no one has ever found one.
Its just uncomfortable opinions and truths and if theyre not then point it out.

Facepalms and bullshits just mean a closed mind.

You question my motivation.
Well that would be not to just roll over and agree with a system designed to squash free thought.

I think Jups idea for me getting along better here would be a frontal lobotomy.

Its difficult to frame my posts properly because Im typing in a small box with 6 lines of txt , guess thats the price you pay for leaving the office world.

Don't you see that if your only source is a far right forum or news website, then it's a bit problematic?

You also keep saying look it up for yourself, but your version of 'looking it up' is looking for an opinion that you agree with, which is easy to do on the Internet.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Really looking forward to this new film. When I saw the first Borat in the cinema, I was literally ROFLing. I think I was high on something at the time mind. Funniest film i've ever seen in the cinema, without a doubt.

Watching it again now :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
<SNIP>

<SNIP>

@Job please provide evidence of me having said anything even remotely mentioning a 'legal duty' - others might think you got that from a private message, but instead of starting a conversation with @Deebs and/or myself you slide this comment in with using the '@' to mention me. You tend to get pulled up more about posting claims as 'facts' without any evidence or backup (just like the 'legal duty' comment) simply because you do it so much of the time and it clearly annoys other users. My role is to issue bans or warnings to try to make the forums run smoothly - if you want to complain about any decisions made then do as Deebs suggested.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
SNIP

SNIP

No, @Jupitus did not say he has a legal duty, I said I did as owner of the forums. My legal duties are to the numerous laws that exist for content hosted online. At no point have I said you have broken any laws.

I actually said this:

You and others have posted content I do not like yet do I do nothing about it as I truly do not believe in censorship but I have a legal and moral duty to still uphold.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
@Job please provide evidence of me having said anything even remotely mentioning a 'legal duty' - others might think you got that from a private message, but instead of starting a conversation with @Deebs and/or myself you slide this comment in with using the '@' to mention me. You tend to get pulled up more about posting claims as 'facts' without any evidence or backup (just like the 'legal duty' comment) simply because you do it so much of the time and it clearly annoys other users. My role is to issue bans or warnings to try to make the forums run smoothly - if you want to complain about any decisions made then do as Deebs suggested.

I think it was actually @Deebs that mentioned a legal duty he has to these forums

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Thought I was fucking shit at FPS games but then I am currently watching @Overdriven on Twitch and have found someone worse than me!! :p

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Lol @ Sadiq Khan's slip-of-the-tongue on the radio today referring to the Health Secretary as "Mancock"

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Thought I was fucking shit at FPS games but then I am currently watching @Overdriven on Twitch and have found someone worse than me!! :p

As part of my disclaimer, I am worse than 99% of people in this game. I tend to come up against the 1% though.

Cheers for follows all though! Just need 11 more.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
As part of my disclaimer, I am worse than 99% of people in this game. I tend to come up against the 1% though.

Cheers for follows all though! Just need 11 more.
No problem, glad to help out a fellow Freddy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom