SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
From New York Times interview.

Trump said he was not following any special diet or exercise regimen for the campaign. '''All my friends who work out all the time, they're going for knee replacements, hip replacements — they're a disaster,''

He's not wrong about that.
Yes he is.

We've discussed this before - the science clearly shows a higher incidence of joint issues and early death for the fat and sedentary. Clearly.

Your anecdotal evidence may be true but it doesn't hold true on a population level, not by a long way.

In my case, all the people I know who've had hip/knee replacements are obese people who's bodies can't take the strain of the extra weight. Including Tam's morbidly obese mother who has to walk around her own legs - second knee coming up.

In France they quite sensibly offer bariatric surgery to all the fatties who refuse to lose the weight on their own - because it saves their health service a fortune in replacement knees...

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The BBC are means testing the free licence for over 75s today..only people on benefits get it.
Another reason not to bother working for a living I see.
Anyway this classic...jesus fucking christ.

“Like most organisations the BBC is under severe financial pressure due to the pandemic, yet we have continued to put the public first in all our decisions."

Severe financial pressure.
Go.....fuck....your...selves.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Severe financial pressure.
Go.....fuck....your...selves.
You lost all ability to comment on who is and isn't under financial pressure when you claimed free money for Covid payments as if you were still working, rather than just being someone who swans around the dunes on a bike.

Your claim was like a shitload of free licence fee, rather than you working for a living...

Job

Seriously though...it should explain...there could be anything going on and shes got kids.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Got a family BBQ tomorrow, first one since last summer (3 households, sort of, my mum and I share a garden, social distancing will be observed) I'm setting fire to the lawn if its cold.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Just been playing Forge of Empires. Chatting away on group chat whilst farming (as you do). So how old are you? 45, 37, 29, 48, 60, 21, 44, 39, 51, 40, 10.

10?!

That time when 11 adults reach for a beer and suck in their stomachs. Hell, I don't feel old. We lie to ourselves

😭

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Bollocks. How long has it been raining? I've got washing on the line and been chatting away on Forge of Empires totally unaware my washing is now wetter than when it came out the machine.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Its been a message for years hasnt it. Nothing new. Except they tagged covid to it
I guess they're thinking the very real increased risk of death from covid might be an additional motivator for all but the most wilfully lardy.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I guess they're thinking the very real increased risk of death from covid might be an additional motivator for all but the most wilfully lardy.
I got a friend who was hospitalised with covid. Gets out of breath walking his dog and such and still smokes. You think thats gonna change people?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Bollocks. How long has it been raining? I've got washing on the line and been chatting away on Forge of Empires totally unaware my washing is now wetter than when it came out the machine.
Not been raining. Nice and sunny here and just about to tuck into nice cornish pasty and salad :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I got a friend who was hospitalised with covid. Gets out of breath walking his dog and such and still smokes. You think thats gonna change people?
Not all - but clearly the government thinks it might motivate more people than not.

If a stack of people lose weight off the back of this new push then great. It's a win-win - they will likely live longer and cost the NHS less in chronic illness treatments.

It can only be hoped the stubborn fuckers pop their clogs of something that comes on suddenly instead of being the massive fat drain on NHS resources they are that means people who bother to look after themselves receive a lesser service because resources are being wasted on the weak and lazy.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
If they pay their taxes they have every right in the world to get treatment as do you if you come off your mountain bike.... seriously you are a really horrible human - grats :/

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If they pay their taxes they have every right in the world to get treatment as do you if you come off your mountain bike.... seriously you are a really horrible human - grats :/
Mostly my post was a historical tongue-in-cheek prod at Moriath (and he knows it) but at least I don't advocate for the uncaring euthanasia-through-inaction of the aged.

If I taking this seriously though - we've been through this before - there is a disproportionately large spend on the overweight in the NHS that is practically crippling it.

Whilst obesity rates were 10% of the population this was sustainable and there was no question but with limited resources it's a very real issue that other areas are being cut because of demand.

I advocate for the transformation of our obesogenic environment - it's hard to lose weight when there are large well-funded companies who's sole purpose is to pump low-quality calories into people for money, uncaring of the consequences.

However, the overweight do not live in a moral vaccum where they can abdicate their personal responsibility for their own health and disregard the consequences of their lack of action on people who strive to do the right thing.

In some other countries your health insurance is based on a risk assessment. Not in the UK. I like this - but refusing to face up to this serious structural problem is killing people - and that unfairly lands on people who've done the right thing.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Not been raining. Nice and sunny here and just about to tuck into nice cornish pasty and salad :)

That's nice. The rain stopped after I brought the washing in. My dinner tonight tasted like a wet pair of pants. The Mrs will be in soon. How was your day? Fine. Any problems. No. Why is there a bowl of pasta in your underwear drawer? Its complicated.

Job

Staying in the Wasdale head for 3 nights.
Just the most fucking gorgeous place on planet Earth.
Climbed Scafell, then took the bike up Sty Tarn.

20200710_220915.jpg20200710_220915.jpg

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Never appealed to me Mexico. Thousands and thousands of holidaymakers go, and they come back with a suntan and a smelly straw donkey.

Maybe its Mexican food. No matter what you order the same fecking thing arrives; the only difference is how its folded.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Never appealed to me Mexico. Thousands and thousands of holidaymakers go, and they come back with a suntan and a smelly straw donkey.

Maybe its Mexican food. No matter what you order the same fecking thing arrives; the only difference is how its folded.

Cancun is shite, but there are other places in Yucatan that are worth visiting, and Tulum is literally the nicest beach in the world. I also loved Mexico City; I had a brilliant time there.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South

I feel personally attacked. I only eat things which are folded. Makes spaghetti more fun.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
So Warren Ellis is a serial shagger of Herculean proportions is he? So what?

It would be nice, just once, for people to take responsibility for their own actions. "I fucked him because he was famous" seems to be wholly missing from the narrative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom