SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Notice where I said we aren't at that point yet?
Indeed, that's why it was a separate post, because it was new information. France on the other hand, was not. They initially set out on the same path as the UK but have since thought "fucking hell lads, this isn't working". The UK isn't there yet, either.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Ok... I mean there has been a confused reaction to that and the turnout has been unsurprisingly low but schools are shut, restaurants/cafes/bars/clubs/cinemas/etc are shut, all "non-essential" businesses (hairdressers etc) are shut. Are you saying that because the local elections went ahead (with an abundance of caution and pens), all of the above doesn't count as locking down?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'll take that bet. You'll find it next to impossible to develop a coherent picture of what's happening in the US, and that's by design.
First thing that came to mind.

If you haven't tested for it you can't prove a thing. We suspect it's a joke, but because they're refusing to test (which is criminal) we'll never be able to prove it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Given the price of healthcare there, you honestly think its going to come out smelling of roses when hospitals are flooded etc?
Why do you think hospitals are going to be flooded?

People who can't afford it aren't going to turn up in hospital. They're going to die at home, or get better.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Why do you think hospitals are going to be flooded?

People who can't afford it aren't going to turn up in hospital. They're going to die at home, or get better.

Because desperate people will turn up at hospitals regardless, when you're in a dire situation, all rational thinking goes out of the window - that is why they'll be flooded.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Because desperate people will turn up at hospitals regardless, when you're in a dire situation, all rational thinking goes out of the window - that is why they'll be flooded.
They won't get past reception unless they can provide proof of insurance / funds.

One room'll be flooded. The rest'll be empty. As per usual.

What will happen is that some doctors will go over and above to help the ill - and that'll be reported as a positive. So news will show "same or better" performance of the health system.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Most experts are saying at least 10K infected, only 35 deaths.

Thats 0.3ish death rate, 200K if the entire country is exposed..its nasty but not apocolyptic.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
YT just recommended some shuffle dance girl vids......

"NURSE we are going to need more lube!"

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I've not seen those pictures before.
But thanks for your input Job

Really? I've seen quite a few pieces about this over the last few years; I think Bangladesh is the worst place for it.

Real question of course is why the Indian government doesn't put a stop to it? Could it be because one 10KM stretch of beach is making a buttload of money? The three main beaches scrap about 10m tonnes a year at $400 a tonne, so a $4bn a year per beach business paying workers pennies; and you can be damn sure Indian (and Pakistani and Bangladeshi) politicians are coining it in to look the other way.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Really? I've seen quite a few pieces about this over the last few years; I think Bangladesh is the worst place for it.

Real question of course is why the Indian government doesn't put a stop to it? Could it be because one 10KM stretch of beach is making a buttload of money? The three main beaches scrap about 10m tonnes a year at $400 a tonne, so a $4bn a year per beach business paying workers pennies; and you can be damn sure Indian (and Pakistani and Bangladeshi) politicians are coining it in to look the other way.

Not on that scale and in that much detail.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I've not seen those pictures before.
But thanks for your input Job
I seen lines of huge ships beached being slowly taken apart lots of times. Sure this was accompanied by a story but what did you expect was happening in that country renown for under classes and cheap labour.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Watching Kate and Koji, strangely retro, Koji is an African asylum seeker.

Suffice to say, hes a suit wearing , cryptic Times crossword completing, doctor and all the white people are thick and insular.

Exactly who is this supposed to work on?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Watching Kate and Koji, strangely retro, Koji is an African asylum seeker.

Suffice to say, hes a suit wearing , cryptic Times crossword completing, doctor and all the white people are thick and insular.

Exactly who is this supposed to work on?

What are you saying?
Are you saying he should be picking cotton somewhere while wearing dungarees?

I've no idea who they are btw...

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Why can't I cook brown rice perfectly fluffy? Anyone got an idiot-proof cooking method other than this?

x grams of rice
Cover with 2x ml of water
Bring to a boil
Simmer with lid on for 35 minutes
Turn heat off and leave for 10 minutes to steam
Serve

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Why can't I cook brown rice perfectly fluffy? Anyone got an idiot-proof cooking method other than this?

x grams of rice
Cover with 2x ml of water
Bring to a boil
Simmer with lid on for 35 minutes
Turn heat off and leave for 10 minutes to steam
Serve

I would bring to boil and reduce heat just enough to stop it boiling over. Leave as is until cooked (eat a grain every so often to check).
Turn off heat and rinse with boiling water from kettle.

Job done

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Edit. I think you need to cook it uncovered for 30 then steam with lid on

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Edit. I think you need to cook it uncovered for 30 then steam with lid on

I never leave the lid on when cooking rice.
Edit: with my method I use quite a bit of water. I have water left in the pan when it's cooked. And i stir once in a while to make sure it isn't stuck to the bottom of the pan

Jamie Oliver says to do this:
Cooking rice 1 mug of rice 2 mugs of boiling salted water. Put the lid on, turn down and cook until water has disappeared

Last edited:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Measure out 74g rice
Take oven chips out freezer
Cook oven chips
Throw rice at squirrels

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom