SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Begining if the end, switching to online lectures during outbreak and people will realise how handy that is and then they'll realise they can get the same level of 'educational experience' anywhere.

Its only snobbery that keeps them as brick buildings.

UK universities switching to online lectures and exams

I love the way someone who's never been to university is so fond of pontificating about them. Online lectures have been a thing for years; the buildings remain popular, even if run of the mill unis went entirely online tomorrow, elite universities will continue to be in buildings forever, and your online degree will further distanced in perceived quality from a degree earned in one of those old fashioned building things.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
03cwfdzlvdm41.jpg

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I love the way someone who's never been to university is so fond of pontificating about them. Online lectures have been a thing for years; the buildings remain popular, even if run of the mill unis went entirely online tomorrow, elite universities will continue to be in buildings forever, and your online degree will further distanced in perceived quality from a degree earned in one of those old fashioned building things.
As I said..snobbery keeps them alive, things will change.

Job

And its the common version of elitism as viewed by elitists

Job

Thats the well used joke, but trying to split them up to score internet points is whatever.

Elitists think theyre better than you

Snobs think youre worse than them.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
elitism
/ɪˈliːtɪz(ə)m/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: elitism

the belief that a society or system should be led by an elite.
"local government in the nineteenth century was the very essence of elitism"
the dominance of a society or system by an elite.
the superior attitude or behaviour associated with an elite.
"I've been accused of elitism and snobbery because of my views on grammar and spelling"

From the Oxford Dictionary. As much as I hate to agree with @Job on anything, ever, he's right. Snobbery and Elitism have become interchangeable.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
As the world descends in hysteria in Stockholm the message is very clear...!image0.jpg

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
elitism
/ɪˈliːtɪz(ə)m/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: elitism

the belief that a society or system should be led by an elite.
"local government in the nineteenth century was the very essence of elitism"
the dominance of a society or system by an elite.
the superior attitude or behaviour associated with an elite.
"I've been accused of elitism and snobbery because of my views on grammar and spelling"

From the Oxford Dictionary. As much as I hate to agree with @Job on anything, ever, he's right. Snobbery and Elitism have become interchangeable.

Only amongst people who don't know what words mean. You can have an elitist snob, you can have snob who will never be an elite anything, and you can have an elitist without a snobbish bone in their body who's views are entirely based on empirical information.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Only amongst people who don't know what words mean. You can have an elitist snob, you can have snob who will never be an elite anything, and you can have an elitist without a snobbish bone in their body who's views are entirely based on empirical information.
This.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Company to avoid; Laptopsdirect.

Ordered a new monitor from them, realised it was the wrong one, instantly cancelled it.

Next morning 'it has been dispatched!'

Ring them up 'Yeah, just reject it when it comes and we'll refund you'

'OK, but what if no-one is in and it's given to a neighbour or something?'

'Well you'll have to pay for the return then.'

OK, back to Amazon it is.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
He may have and adult one at home already then he should absolutely do that (as long as they are not sick obv)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Company to avoid; Laptopsdirect.

Ordered a new monitor from them, realised it was the wrong one, instantly cancelled it.

Next morning 'it has been dispatched!'

Ring them up 'Yeah, just reject it when it comes and we'll refund you'

'OK, but what if no-one is in and it's given to a neighbour or something?'

'Well you'll have to pay for the return then.'

OK, back to Amazon it is.
Used them lots. No issues. Good value. I tend to make sure the thing i purchase is what i want l. I guess that might be where i am going wrong. They are super efficient at getting stuff out and delivered and i guess the warehouse work earlier than the office. Cant really blame a efficient company for your error.

only thing with them is dont pay for the special delivery options cause 9/10 they ship it soon after purchase anyway.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Used them lots. No issues. Good value. I tend to make sure the thing i purchase is what i want l. I guess that might be where i am going wrong. They are super efficient at getting stuff out and delivered and i guess the warehouse work earlier than the office. Cant really blame a efficient company for your error.

only thing with them is dont pay for the special delivery options cause 9/10 they ship it soon after purchase anyway.

So you're saying that in this day and age you shouldn't be able to cancel an online order? Btw, I ordered it last night at 5PM and cancelled it at 6PM, they dispatched it as 10 this morning.

The thing that properly annoyed me is that if they're saying I'm not in and it gets delivered to a neighbour then I have to pay for the return shipping for something which as far as I'm concerned wasn't my fault.

I also found it a bit fishy that when I rang them after work the woman on the phone knew who I was just because I explained what was going on. So it seems they were fully aware that they fucked up.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
So you're saying that in this day and age you shouldn't be able to cancel an online order? Btw, I ordered it last night at 5PM and cancelled it at 6PM, they dispatched it as 10 this morning.

The thing that properly annoyed me is that if they're saying I'm not in and it gets delivered to a neighbour then I have to pay for the return shipping for something which as far as I'm concerned wasn't my fault.

I also found it a bit fishy that when I rang them after work the woman on the phone knew who I was just because I explained what was going on. So it seems they were fully aware that they fucked up.
Still havent addressed the silly that initiated all this. But they do have to pay twice if you get it sent back after its accepted. I assume they didnt make you pay for the initial postage.

But i dont think its a bad thing they have done.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
@Gwadien Go round to their place of business and do a poo on the reception desk

If they say anything (they may not) tell them they "can keep it. It's shit."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom