SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Yet another bullshit article written by people without a clue of how the aviation business works. Boeing and a lot of big companies use a follow the sun approach to software development. That started back in 90s with B777. Basically 24h cycle of flow diagrams and specs sent to coders and then the code is tested. 3 sites 8 hours apart. We did this from Seattle, Cheltenham and Bangalore on the B777. Pretty sure the same is still going on now. Not about the costs it about getting it done quickly. For Boeing that is primary concern. Every day these are grounded costs them millions as they pay compensation and can't deliver anything of the line.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
That doesnt matter, outsourcing code to India.

Some code anywhere fucks up....looks REAL bad on many levels.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
That doesnt matter, outsourcing code to India.

Some code anywhere fucks up....looks REAL bad on many levels.

You are aware that pretty much everyone outsources code to India?

Because they're pretty good at doing that sort of stuff.

Xenophobia in its strangest form.

Americans coded this, Omg, its amazing!

Indians coded this, omg its terrible!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@DaGaffer - you're our resident honourary terrorist. Where should I stay in Dublin in November.

Got tix to see Eddie Izzard and wondering where to stay :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
How much do want to spend and where is he playing?
I dunno. He's playing in the Olympia. I heard Dublin's lolzroffles expensive. Want to be close enough to enjoy a bit of life and see the city but I like walking and don't have to be right on it.

Any suggestions for things I shouldn't miss whilst yer at it.

I realise I didn't answer the question on cost. Don't mind paying if it's something amazing but if it's just standard luxury I'd probably not as it's just a place to sleep really.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I dunno. He's playing in the Olympia. I heard Dublin's lolzroffles expensive. Want to be close enough to enjoy a bit of life and see the city but I like walking and don't have to be right on it.

Any suggestions for things I shouldn't miss whilst yer at it.

I realise I didn't answer the question on cost. Don't mind paying if it's something amazing but if it's just standard luxury I'd probably not as it's just a place to sleep really.

Nearest "posh" hotel to the Olympia is the Clarence (U2 hotel) which is a 2 minute walk. I stayed there once and thought it was overrated but that was years ago. Two other good hotels nearby are the Morgan (Temple Bar) and Morrison (just over the river); I've stayed in both and like them. If you want a more basic chain hotel there's a Jurys at Christchurch (5 min walk) and a Radisson Blu a few minutes further. Other than that there's loads of smaller hotels around but I couldn't vouch for any of them (I could point out some good ones a bit further away). Or there's plenty of Airbnb options.

Not sure what you're into tourism-wise (Dublin in November is a bit soggy) but there's a ton of drinking and eating options and everything is walkable.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I may havetae PM you (when I'm sober) or this thread'll turn into 'Scouse's holiday suggestions' thread) :)

...actually, @Jupitus ... xx

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Stayed at The Morrison, it was fine, basic DoubleTree by Hilton hotel. Decent bed and the breakfast was OK.

Job

Get rather sloshed watching the cricket.
20190630_174937.jpg

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Apparently I woke up suddenly last night, sprang out of bed, moved the curtains, then said "Good, no space lizards on the window", got back into bed, back to sleep.

The Mrs thought it was hilarious and is another proof of my madness. :eek:

But I know I'm not mad. I've seen the Space Lizards! They live in the curled up Calabi Yau dimensions in non-Euclidean hyperspace. They're out there!

:eek6:

(I should really stop reading HP Lovecraft books before bed)

Job

Whats with this wankfest over Stormzy?
Graham Norton practically sucking his dork on TV....I means hes utter..utter fucking shit and headlining Glastonbury as the ultimate virtue signalling for the white middle classes...while using 4th form level political statements.
Fuck boris..fuck boris, then on to mumbling some crap while wearing a stab vest to make it all seem urban.
Build walls not bridges scrolled across the screen.
In a walled safe area for white people.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Not just me then...

Top Gear viewers accuse Freddie Flintoff and Paddy McGuinness of "bullying" Chris Harris

I've been picking up this vibe since the new series started and it was particularly acute last night. Maybe its because I've always thought sportsmen "banter" is the preserve of utter cunts.
It's a pity because the season started off and people were actually saying good things about it, for what felt like the first time since Clarkson, Hammond and May left.

Gwadien

Not just me then...

Top Gear viewers accuse Freddie Flintoff and Paddy McGuinness of "bullying" Chris Harris

I've been picking up this vibe since the new series started and it was particularly acute last night. Maybe its because I've always thought sportsmen "banter" is the preserve of utter cunts.

I mean, the original line up did lots worse.

I think it's a no win situation for the BBC, being called snowflakes by one side and being called bullies by the other.

I think Harris enjoys it, as you say it's 'banter.'

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I mean, the original line up did lots worse.

I think it's a no win situation for the BBC, being called snowflakes by one side and being called bullies by the other.

I think Harris enjoys it, as you say it's 'banter.'

I don’t remember Clarkson and May physically attacking Hammond; its not just that, its the dynamic; two big lads ganging up on one little fellah. In the old TG the tricks were shared evenly, and usually had something to do with messing with their cars (or occasionally, tents). Whacking someone over the head with a melon isn’t big or clever, and almost all the “pranks” are directed towards Harris.

And I while I can’t speak for the man, I’m struggling to imagine any 5’ 6” fellah enjoying getting knocked around by two six-plus footers; that’s the kind of shit bullies always say.

At first I thought maybe it was just a script choice, but if it is its a bad one, and I dunno, I doesn’t feel like its a script thing to me.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
... They live in the curled up Calabi Yau dimensions in non-Euclidean hyperspace.

They aren't dimensions but n-dimensional complex manifolds. A subtle but distinct difference. Anyways wtf else are you reading to even know that term? :)

Gwadien

Where would you draw the line? Islamic terror groups? Bomb making discussions? Child grooming tips?

Oh dear, insult to your intelligence inc because you disagree with him :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Where would you draw the line? Islamic terror groups? Bomb making discussions? Child grooming tips?
I won't insult your intelligence by coming up with a bunch of ideas that could prove my side of the argument. It's too easy and we could go on for ever.

The core argument is about principle.

We shouldn't be drawing lines in speech. It's too complex a subject for absolutes. Even if we have to suffer some things what we gain is greater.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom