SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
That's not a response. It's a serious question.

If, as a society, we're going to censure people for non-conformity to a specified world-view, we must define that world-view to give people the opportunity to conform.

Instead - people are losing their jobs and going to jail for saying what they think. Not taking actions, just saying what they think.

You're refusing to engage because you like your world view and don't like to think that people who think like you actually do damage - real damage - to other people's lives.

As I said in my original point, this wasn't about freedom of speech, it was about the money.

But to 'engage' you, like I have in a billion other threads.

Businesses have the option to sack members of staff that break their contract, which includes doing things which will damage the reputation of said company, that's their choice.

As I said, you're pampering to people like Job, who are pretending that there's been a HUGE change in the past 3-4 years (probably since Trump got elected) which is a complete farce.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You hire security. Which is a areasonable thing to do if there's a likelihood of someone entering with the intention of disurptings things. They have legal protections against assault charges when using reasonable force because it's their job.
I thought that might be the answer when I was typing it. The problem with security is they're likely to be a lot more heavy handed than a punter in the audience. Security guards are paid thugs most of the time.

I agree with you - but at the same time I don't like the outsourcing of responsibility. I don't think it was thuggish to grab the protestor in the way he did.

Despite that - I totally agree with the protestors - they are utterly correct that the treasury / Hammond are part of the problem - not part of the solution.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
So to clarify, you get annoyed when milkshake is thrown at your fuhrer, but when a dirty hippy protester gets grabbed by the neck, because she MAY have a weapon on her, that's fine?

Seriously man, you're a fucking joke.

WAHH WAHH OVERBEARING POLICE, yeah but I also think you should be able to assault people if you think they have a weapon (in hindsight)

Sorry, but one is a consequence of the other. When people start chucking milk shakes around, and making jokes about using acid instead, I can see why politicians are going to get a bit nervous when someone evades security and breaks into a private event to accost the politicians within. We did have an MP murdered by a random nutter not so long ago remember.

I mean not so long ago MP's were physically punching members of the public and it was shrugged off as just Prescott being Prescott - in my book a far more agreeable outcome.

So either quit throwing milkshakes at people and start debating like grown ups, or expect to see more of this happening. And in the meantime, if you want to see shoddy treatment of protestors, just look across the channel to our favourite cheese eating surrender monkeys. Some of the protestors there would LOVE to just be restrained round the neck - they'd still have both eyes for starters.

Gwadien

Sorry, but one is a consequence of the other. When people start chucking milk shakes around, and making jokes about using acid instead, I can see why politicians are going to get a bit nervous when someone evades security and breaks into a private event to accost the politicians within. We did have an MP murdered by a random nutter not so long ago remember.

I mean not so long ago MP's were physically punching members of the public and it was shrugged off as just Prescott being Prescott - in my book a far more agreeable outcome.

So either quit throwing milkshakes at people and start debating like grown ups, or expect to see more of this happening. And in the meantime, if you want to see shoddy treatment of protestors, just look across the channel to our favourite cheese eating surrender monkeys. Some of the protestors there would LOVE to just be restrained round the neck - they'd still have both eyes for starters.

There's been lots of protests too, it's a part of public life.

John Prescott was egged, so it was provoked.

This woman was protesting peacefully.

Do you genuinely think that he believed she had a weapon?

Because the look from his face looked more like 'You bloody hipster, im going to 'av you!'

brooky

One of Freddy's beloved
i saw the cliip and his body language says to me "wtf is this pleb doing, i'll show her".. it was heavy handed, they should have had some form of security detail to stop this type of thing..

i mean it was a room fully of *ankers at their annual *ankers meeting

Bodhi

There's been lots of protests too, it's a part of public life.

John Prescott was egged, so it was provoked.

This woman was protesting peacefully.

Do you genuinely think that he believed she had a weapon?

Because the look from his face looked more like 'You bloody hipster, im going to 'av you!'

Even if she didn't have a weapon, considering they were having dinner, it wouldn't have been too difficult to get one.

Gwadien

Even if she didn't have a weapon, considering they were having dinner, it wouldn't have been too difficult to get one.

She was a protester, not a member of al-qaeda, I think that was fairly obvious to see, especially since they were all wearing the same dresses with messages on them.

Might just go randomly rugby tackle people on the street because they might be terrorists.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
She has said she was expecting a reaction of robust discussions about the protest.

Jesus h christing ..fucking middle class..I'll turned up well dressed and we'll probably agree to differ over a glass of prosecco.

Bodhi

SilverHood

FH is my second home
If you want to protest, call your local

If you are in the front line of a protest that has escalated to police charges, you can't turn your back like that! Gotta be more careful.

I saw the MP manhandling video finally. What's all the fuss about? If someone was to crash my dinner party, I'd grab them by the scruff of the neck and chuck them out too. Might offer them the chance to walk without the manhandling, depends on the situation.
“I remember a chair being pushed out. Then being shoved. I was saying, over and over: ‘This is a peaceful protest, a peaceful protest.’ I was saying it quite audibly, certainly loud enough.”

If you're going to gate crash a private event, then it's not peaceful. Peaceful would be demonstrating outside the venue, ideally having registered the protest with the proper authorities beforehand.

Years ago, I was working as a consultant in the RBS office in Bishopsgate in London, and some guys and girls managed to get past security, past the barriers and tailgate onto the secured trading floors. Pandemonium! A few of them glued their hands to the pillars, while others threw leaflets all over the place. Security eventually managed to round up everyone, but there was some complaints in the media later, that security had been too rough with them. What did they expect?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

That logic could be applied to any fucking protest anywhere though. Someone picks up a twig and OMG WEAPON!!!

Job

I'll just suggest an inaginary scenario.

Right wingers burst into meeting of greenpeace to 'peacefully ' disrupt meeting on oil rig invasions.
Girl gets manhandled out by greenpeace members.

Then I'll let you fill in your bias as you imagine the players involved and how you would feel about the injuries the right winger recieved.

Wij

I am a FH squatter

Right wingers burst into meeting of greenpeace to 'peacefully ' disrupt meeting on oil rig invasions.

Then I'll let you fill in your bias as you imagine the players involved and how you would feel about the injuries the right winger recieved.
Greenpeace is full of nobheads so it doesn’t work.

Anyway. It’s nothing to do with left / right wing.

Gwadien

Well, they're more likely to drive a car into them or stab people than Green peace.

But that's my personal view.

They're difference scenarios anyway, this guy was a minister, he was suspended, not arrested.

Job

Was in Ilkley at the weekend mtbing in the hills.
Thats a fucking gorgeous place, super trendy bars, cycling cafes on evey corner, surrounded by Yorkshire moors and only an hour from our house.
ilkley - Google Search

Gwadien

clickclack.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom