SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's always been this way.

It's the same as Football or any other 'hobby?' careers, there's probably millions out there that play football at an amateur level, trying to get to a professional level so they have to do other jobs on the side, very few are earning millions a week.

Also, computers have been 'making' music since the early 80s, but then they recorded with the proper instruments. Whereas now there is more acceptance of electronic music.
not always.

Funny - been talking with a mate today about an english assignment we were set in theearly 1980's - "how are computers going to affect music".

I argued strongly that the lack of having to play a musical instrument before producing music would lead to a race to the bottom because peopke would be able to produce music without any understsnding of the whys or whens - and that it leads to derivative shite with the emotional range of teenagers.

Mate argued that it was a great thing.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
not always.

Funny - been talking with a mate today about an english assignment we were set in theearly 1980's - "how are computers going to affect music".

I argued strongly that the lack of having to play a musical instrument before producing music would lead to a race to the bottom because peopke would be able to produce music without any understsnding of the whys or whens - and that it leads to derivative shite with the emotional range of teenagers.

Mate argued that it was a great thing.

As I say, 'producers' have been around since the early 80s, of course you're going to have a bunch of kids making lots of shit music, but it doesn't mean that the technology hasn't been an advantage to good artists.

What you describe is what mainstream music is, some dude creates music for a good looking gal/girl to perform live.

I think it's also pretty cool that it's easy for an artist to do their thang with multiple instruments and not be limited to the ones that they can actually physically play, without having to potentially dilute their talent with other band members.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Not consistent with our values.

The usual newspeak shit...its going to need its own button on a keyboard soon.

Gwadien

Private businesses making private decisions for their own private reasons.

Unless you're opposed to privacy?

Job

They have long gone past their private status and have become monopolies of world communication.

As we speak the big boys are gathering to control speech on the internet...facism hiding as good manners....Soros..Suckenburger..mozilla airbnb....etc.
The Charlottsville project is going to try and destroy anything that isnt left wing on the net...pick a good cause and its difficult to stop them without looking like a nazi.
The guy who shot up the Mosque actually mentioned in his ramblings that they would do that...and they are.
Charles Koch Teams Up With George Soros, Patreon and Airbnb to Fight Online Extremism

Gwadien

They have long gone past their private status and have become monopolies of world communication.

As we speak the big boys are gathering to control speech on the internet...facism hiding as good manners....Soros..Suckenburger..mozilla airbnb....etc.
The Charlottsville project is going to try and destroy anything that isnt left wing on the net...pick a good cause and its difficult to stop them without looking like a nazi.
The guy who shot up the Mosque actually mentioned in his ramblings that they would do that...and they are.
Charles Koch Teams Up With George Soros, Patreon and Airbnb to Fight Online Extremism

ISIS should start posting on Youtube, I guess you'll defend them too?

Embattle

FH is my second home
017283.jpg

In the picture above you'll see a Maxi Scooter CVT cooling filter with the two yellow (clean) circles being the location of the washers that sit under the retaining bolts, it gets washed every 1800 miles.

Job

This video.
Guy bikepacking across Chile.
The quality of the production..the cinematics..the fruckin soul in this.
Just utterly beautiful.
What do we get off the bbc outside of attenborough...homes under the hammer.

View: https://youtu.be/FbijW2lG8G0

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Just got back from a week's holiday in Denmark. Loved the place and the people, but I have questions for any Danes in da house:
1. Holy fuck how do you afford to live there? According to stats you have on average about 9-10% more disposable income than the UK or Ireland, but Denmark is way more than 9-10% more expensive. Surprisingly booze was about the only thing that wasn't too bad, but everything else was crazy expensive.
2. Does Denmark have speed cameras? I was super paranoid about speed limits (I got three tickets in Spain last year from hidden cameras!) and everyone was flying past me on the motorway. I was really surprised, I thought you'd all be super-nerdy drivers.
3. What's with all the tattoos? Even more than the UK. I was in the aqua park in Lalandia and it was wall-to-wall ink.
4. Why aren't there Lego Houses on every street corner in the world?
5. What do people do? Because it clearly isn't "work in service industries" (I assume because of the aforementioned ridiculous cost of everything), everything, with the possible exception of the Lego House, felt...understaffed. Loads of automation, but a definite lack of people working in shops and services.
6. Do many Brits visit Denmark? Every Dane spoke perfect English, but everyone of them also assumed we were German initially, and I didn't hear many other English accents (a few Irish hangovers from the football in Copenhagen, but that's about it).

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Just got back from a week's holiday in Denmark. Loved the place and the people, but I have questions for any Danes in da house:
1. Holy fuck how do you afford to live there? According to stats you have on average about 9-10% more disposable income than the UK or Ireland, but Denmark is way more than 9-10% more expensive. Surprisingly booze was about the only thing that wasn't too bad, but everything else was crazy expensive.
2. Does Denmark have speed cameras? I was super paranoid about speed limits (I got three tickets in Spain last year from hidden cameras!) and everyone was flying past me on the motorway. I was really surprised, I thought you'd all be super-nerdy drivers.
3. What's with all the tattoos? Even more than the UK. I was in the aqua park in Lalandia and it was wall-to-wall ink.
5. What do people do? Because it clearly isn't "work in service industries" (I assume because of the aforementioned ridiculous cost of everything), everything, with the possible exception of the Lego House, felt...understaffed. Loads of automation, but a definite lack of people working in shops and services.
6. Do many Brits visit Denmark? Every Dane spoke perfect English, but everyone of them also assumed we were German initially, and I didn't hear many other English accents (a few Irish hangovers from the football in Copenhagen, but that's about it).

I would also be interested in the answers.

Job

When we visited Sweden..every campsite, the owners brought their family to meet us and brought beer.

Job

Its a google search.
Wtf so you went and looked at images that didnt fit and used them as evidence that Im lying.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
1) Proper welfare state. Pay high taxes, but make sure everyone can afford living.
2) Seen one maybe once or twice, but they are mobile and move all the time. A few years ago we invested £12 mil in about 100 WV Californias equipped with monitoring systems. They repaid themselves within a year.
3) Personally don't have one, but the whole hipster thing was big a few years ago, and getting a sick tribal or Thor's Mjølner on your biceps has been big since always. Didn't know we were had more than others, but then again, Lalandia is a bit trashy so that might be why.
4) We are working on it alongside with that ginger dude, Ed Sheeran.
5) Because of the high living expenses, you can't have three people on the shop floor if they're not earning their wages. Along with that, we have a huge public sector and most people have a decent degree, so no one is taking the jobs at the bottom of the chain.
6) Certainly don't meet a lot of Brits, but they are here, only they are not visiting but starting rather. The average Dane speaks and understands English just fine, due to it being a subject in school from the first grade and up until 10th. We don't dub anything, so we are forced to learn in order to watch foreign tv and listen to the average radio station.

DaGaffer

1) Proper welfare state. Pay high taxes, but make sure everyone can afford living.
2) Seen one maybe once or twice, but they are mobile and move all the time. A few years ago we invested £12 mil in about 100 WV Californias equipped with monitoring systems. They repaid themselves within a year.
3) Personally don't have one, but the whole hipster thing was big a few years ago, and getting a sick tribal or Thor's Mjølner on your biceps has been big since always. Didn't know we were had more than others, but then again, Lalandia is a bit trashy so that might be why.
4) We are working on it alongside with that ginger dude, Ed Sheeran.
5) Because of the high living expenses, you can't have three people on the shop floor if they're not earning their wages. Along with that, we have a huge public sector and most people have a decent degree, so no one is taking the jobs at the bottom of the chain.
6) Certainly don't meet a lot of Brits, but they are here, only they are not visiting but starting rather. The average Dane speaks and understands English just fine, due to it being a subject in school from the first grade and up until 10th. We don't dub anything, so we are forced to learn in order to watch foreign tv and listen to the average radio station.

Yeah...I still don't understand how a strong welfare state means you can afford seven quid for your morning latte.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
1. Holy fuck how do you afford to live there? We moved to the UK and made more money and paid less taxes. My family still in Denmark do a monthly shopping trip to Germany for the most expensive things. Eating out is a rarity. Most families will have 2 people working full time. Once kids are 14-15 they will get a part time job.
2. Does Denmark have speed cameras? Danes are always speeding, especially when the weather is bad. Whenever there's a speed trap, it gets posted on social media, so they police have mobile units now.
3. What's with all the tattoos? The middle class stigma about tattoos never really existed in Denmark. As long as they weren't visible when you're in work clothes, no one cared. My day care workers had tats, as did some of my teachers.
4. Why aren't there Lego Houses on every street corner in the world? They tried, and bricked the attempt
5. What do people do? Billund and surrounding area is sparsely populated and central "middle of nowhere Denmark" Most towns will have an industrial estate where the manufacturing and office space is, especially for towns older than 200 years. Center of town is shops, restaurants, bars and real estate agents. If you want large crowds, you need to go to the regional big cities Copenhagen, Aarhus, Aalborg, Odense, and I recommend provincial towns too, like Sonderborg and Ronne.
6. Do many Brits visit Denmark? Not really, but you learn English aged 6 or 7 in School, and most of the internet and TV is in English, so we learn that way. Most people will go on holiday outside Denmark, and the second language will usually be English.

DaGaffer

1. Holy fuck how do you afford to live there? We moved to the UK and made more money and paid less taxes. My family still in Denmark do a monthly shopping trip to Germany for the most expensive things. Eating out is a rarity. Most families will have 2 people working full time. Once kids are 14-15 they will get a part time job.
2. Does Denmark have speed cameras? Danes are always speeding, especially when the weather is bad. Whenever there's a speed trap, it gets posted on social media, so they police have mobile units now.
3. What's with all the tattoos? The middle class stigma about tattoos never really existed in Denmark. As long as they weren't visible when you're in work clothes, no one cared. My day care workers had tats, as did some of my teachers.
4. Why aren't there Lego Houses on every street corner in the world? They tried, and bricked the attempt
5. What do people do? Billund and surrounding area is sparsely populated and central "middle of nowhere Denmark" Most towns will have an industrial estate where the manufacturing and office space is, especially for towns older than 200 years. Center of town is shops, restaurants, bars and real estate agents. If you want large crowds, you need to go to the regional big cities Copenhagen, Aarhus, Aalborg, Odense, and I recommend provincial towns too, like Sonderborg and Ronne.
6. Do many Brits visit Denmark? Not really, but you learn English aged 6 or 7 in School, and most of the internet and TV is in English, so we learn that way. Most people will go on holiday outside Denmark, and the second language will usually be English.

5. The low service staff thing wasn't just in Billund, Copenhagen was the same. Denmark is way ahead of the UK and Ireland on service automation.

Gwadien

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom