SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I was up for that until the lettuce and non-cheese-slice.

Not nearly enough bacon.
Needs sausage too.

Damn now I want a McDonald's Big Breakfast. Oh, they stopped doing them :cry:

product-big-breakfast.png

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
He seems to be a bit of a nutter tbh. Probably a good thing he has gone really.
Really? Danny Baker was a cracking 5-live host. Good writer and comedian.

He was making a circus joke, not a monkey joke. And I can see in this day and age that the Beeb had no choice - but racism can't be inadvertant. It needs to be intended to be actual racism.

E.G. If the first word out of a baby's mouth happened to be nigger, it wouldn't be racist because it would never have occured to that baby that racism or nigger would be a thing. It's absolutely within the realms of normal every day life that adults say stuff completely innocently that can be construed as racist, but aren't inherently racist.

It's a sad enditement of our society that we've lost that nuance. That social media is now simply a very powerful tool to beat people around the head for shit they may not mean - and that people are so unwilling to understand context that people lose their jobs over it.

I mentioned this to a lad at work - and he mentioned that Megan Markle (sp?) was half-caste. I laughed and asked him whether he should be sacked for saying something racist. He went "what"? - because he didn't understand the racist connotation of half-caste.

Intention is important. But not in the public eye it seems.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I mentioned this to a lad at work - and he mentioned that Megan Markle (sp?) was half-caste. I laughed and asked him whether he should be sacked for saying something racist. He went "what"? - because he didn't understand the racist connotation of half-caste.

I have to correct relatives frequently. It's no more effort to say mixed-race.

dysfunction

FH is my second home

He was making a circus joke, not a monkey joke. And I can see in this day and age that the Beeb had no choice - but racism can't be inadvertant. It needs to be intended to be actual racism.

E.G. If the first word out of a baby's mouth happened to be nigger, it wouldn't be racist because it would never have occured to that baby that racism or nigger would be a thing. It's absolutely within the realms of normal every day life that adults say stuff completely innocently that can be construed as racist, but aren't inherently racist.

It's a sad enditement of our society that we've lost that nuance. That social media is now simply a very powerful tool to beat people around the head for shit they may not mean - and that people are so unwilling to understand context that people lose their jobs over it.

Well his further tweets afterwards and him speaking to journalists who came to ask him questions about what happened give me the indication he has gone a bit bonkers.

Yes fine he has had a great past career but something has gone wrong with him I think.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Well his further tweets afterwards and him speaking to journalists who came to ask him questions about what happened give me the indication he has gone a bit bonkers.

Having seen the picture it's almost unbelievable that anyone couldn't see how it would be interpreted.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Having seen the picture it's almost unbelievable that anyone couldn't see how it would be interpreted.
He made the point about his mind not being poisoned (or something similar) - i.e. that racist thoughts never enter his mind so to him it was just a funny picture. Just like I covered in my post above.

Basically what you're saying there @Zarjazz is that everyone should be double checking themselves in case they inadvertently say or do something that could be construed as racist. (and if they're unaware - as per the half-caste case above, then they are incapable of double-checking themselves because you can only double check what you know).

That is not a description of a free society. That's a browbeaten society, tredding on eggshells because the cost of making innocent mistakes is ridiculously high (his livelihood in this case, potentially prison in others).

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Nah. If he'd made that joke about one of William's kids he could claim the class angle, but first mixed-race kid in Royal history (that we know of)? Come off it, no-one's that naive in 2019; he got fired for being racist or monumentally stupid, take your pick.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Hang on.

You corrected your mate for saying 'half-caste' but now you have a problem because someone related a half-caste (ha) baby to a monkey and they got sacked?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nah. If he'd made that joke about one of William's kids he could claim the class angle, but first mixed-race kid in Royal history (that we know of)? Come off it, no-one's that naive in 2019; he got fired for being racist or monumentally stupid, take your pick.
See my point about free society above.

Monumental stupidity when comedians make jokes is to be expected.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Or Doctor with a lot to say changes plan when presented with reality, unfortunately allowing childish journo's to paint him as "idiot" rather than focus on the serious message...

Funny, admittedly, but cunt media.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

That's great and all but he made the decision to post that. He could have just "done nothing" and still had a job. It's hard to be beaten around the head for things you do on social media if you don't do anything on social media.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Hang on.

You corrected your mate for saying 'half-caste' but now you have a problem because someone related a half-caste (ha) baby to a monkey and they got sacked?
Not sure what to say now.
Mixed race is getting dodgy.
Is it dual heritage now?

Or just dont mention it, which is actually what we should be doing.

Job

This scouser ranting about roads blocked by runners.
Fucking hilarious.
Southerners may want some counselling after hearing full scouse.
You have been warned.
The wife sent her a message to join her running group.
She said she might.
Nsfw lots of swearing..they can look at the fucking boats!

View: https://youtu.be/HuLlQnpgYQ0

Job

So...do you think the original picture was racist?
A monkey in a suit being paraded by the Royals, at the time it would have sent an odd message.

I cant even be bothered by Dannys sacking..its just another nail in the coffin, hes survived throat cancer, he'll be fine.
Let them carry on till they eat themselves.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That's great and all but he made the decision to post that. He could have just "done nothing" and still had a job. It's hard to be beaten around the head for things you do on social media if you don't do anything on social media.
Again, the point about eggshells and the point about intention is totally pertinent.

Like it or not, the majority of the UK population use social media. It's a key component of social life for many - moreso for creatives and professionals who realise that it's a key channel for their livelihood. You're advocating a serious form of social and professional exclusion.

Eggshells and intention.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
So...do you think the original picture was racist?
A monkey in a suit being paraded by the Royals, at the time it would have sent an odd message.

I cant even be bothered by Dannys sacking..its just another nail in the coffin, hes survived throat cancer, he'll be fine.
Let them carry on till they eat themselves.

Not even seen it, but monkeys and mixed raced babies don't mix, not even in satire. Like I said, if he'd made the performing monkey joke about William and Kate's kids it would have been a non-issue, but in this case its so far past the "use some fucking common sense" line, that I'm frankly amazed he could be that thick.

Do I think he meant it as a racist thing? No. Do I think he should have got the boot? Yeah, probably. I've said it on here before; prejudice towards things you are (race, sex, age) should be zero tolerance, prejudice towards things you do (culture, religion, politics etc.) should be fair game. That's where I stand on the freedom of speech line, and yes I do agree that we're currently on the wrong side of that line.

Gwadien

Again, the point about eggshells and the point about intention is totally pertinent.

Like it or not, the majority of the UK population use social media. It's a key component of social life for many - moreso for creatives and professionals who realise that it's a key channel for their livelihood. You're advocating a serious form of social and professional exclusion.

Eggshells and intention.

OK, I'm going to call people 'Nigger'

When they threaten to kill me, I will explain that I am simply describing them by the colour 'nigger brown', that's my intent, it's completely harmless FREEDOM OF SPEECH BABY!

Gwadien

What about Terrorists @Scouse they sit around discussing blowing up the Queen, then they get raided by the Police, would you be there to say, actually, freedom of speech boys, these guys were only discussing it, they didn't do anything, let them go!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Why not come up with the obvious arguments against the drivel you keep spouting on your emo-train yourself @Gwadien?

It's tiresome doing it for you only for you to ignore what's written before inventing another thoughtless 'scenario' that makes you feel right.

Gwadien

I just find it bizarre to someone who is apparently anti-discrimination to tell someone to 'get thicker skin' when facing verbal abuse.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think you live in cloud cuckoo land if you think you can legislate abuse out of existence.

In fact - I think people who think like that are more dangerous than wankers who choose to verbally abuse people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom