SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Because you chat so much shit - we want to leave the EU so that we can make our decisions as a country.

Scotland get fucked, you can't make your own decisions as a country.

It's the hypocrisy.
Scotland hasnt been a country since 1707. Same way england hasnt been.

They are more regions of the uk than countries in my opinion.

School kids must like your potty mouth. Or maybe its cause you have t restrain yourself so much in school you cant wait to let loose outside hahaha

Ormorof

FH is my second home

School kids must like your potty mouth. Or maybe its cause you have t restrain yourself so much in school you cant wait to let loose outside hahaha

Iceland wasnt a country until the 40s what does that have to do with it? :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

And in the eyes of some the UK is a state within the EU.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Not true. The UK isn't a unitary state, which is why Scotland could have a referendum to leave, but Catalonia can't, because Spain, by constitution, is a unitary state and indivisible.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
All this is irrelevant since it's a Scottish question, and the Scottish deal with it, we have 0 say in it.

You know that they want another ref because of the last election where the SNP won, if they don't win the next election then you pretty much know that a ref is out of the window.

However, what will happen is that lots of people will sneer at the Scots for being awkward again, and we'll attempt to tell them that we control them, and there will be a resurgence of SNP support.

If it's irrelevant, why did you ask the question? You asked what the time frame was and I provided you with the factual answer. Should everything you say be considered irrelevant?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Im pretty sure Scotland could last ten years on a crowd fund..
I mean theyve all got loads in the bank and theres about 50 million of em around the world.

Theyve alao got one of the greatest brands and we could hardly let them go broke...we'd have to put an army on Hadrians wall.

Gwadien

If it's irrelevant, why did you ask the question? You asked what the time frame was and I provided you with the factual answer. Should everything you say be considered irrelevant?

It's irrelevant because it's dumb to think that anyone but the Scots has a say in setting that time frame.

So long as they keep voting in a party which has the sole policy of independence, then they should be able to have a referendum as regularly as they like.

That's like the EU telling a country that they can't have referendums and they can dictate the time frame.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I would have thought all your poos would need a jet washer to get them round the bend.

Nah. This one was more volume than density. Think shepherds pie (without the mash) blended, then smoothed down with a pallet knife.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
It's irrelevant because it's dumb to think that anyone but the Scots has a say in setting that time frame.

So long as they keep voting in a party which has the sole policy of independence, then they should be able to have a referendum as regularly as they like.

That's like the EU telling a country that they can't have referendums and they can dictate the time frame.
Its a strange concept to keep running refs until you get the answer you want. Rather than running it and accepting the out come.

Is it really democracy to throw votes to them time and again until you get what you want. Mainly through apathy of all the votes i would guess.

If the party who carried out the last one said its a once in a generation vote then all those who voted did so on that basis.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Its a strange concept to keep running refs until you get the answer you want. Rather than running it and accepting the out come.
I take your point - but in the case of Brexit it's obvious it was so close as to be relatively indistinguishable. Saying "win" when half the population doesn't agree doesn't give you a clear mandate for doing what's going on now.

What needs to happen is a series of indicative votes, or a complex question where people indicate their preferred outcomes in order of preference.

We're reaping what Cameron's sown with Brexit at the moment - a polarised society where nobody can agree on anything.

Gwadien

Is it really democracy to throw votes to them time and again until you get what you want. Mainly through apathy of all the votes i would guess.

If the party who carried out the last one said its a once in a generation vote then all those who voted did so on that basis.

Referendums = people having a direct vote on the direction of the Government.

I don't see what's more democratic than referendums, Switzerland seems to do them lots and it.

Imagine if we opened the door to questioning previous referendums? - We have a referendum for PR, turns out it's a bit shit, so we have another and revert it, I don't see the problem there? Ofc we'll need to find a way of doing them cheaper, online some how, if some how 100% secured.

I think it's a good way of getting the public involved when we have a bunch of useless indecisive MPs who are out of touch.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It would be better to put the money in business creation/community projects/retraining projects that create jobs and wealth. Problem is that people need to be engaged and want to climb up.
Use is up for debate. I think the poorer people are disengaged primarily because they see a lifetime of slog for minor reward. That could be changed over time if we rebalanced our economies.

Meh. We're gonna fuck the environment irreperably long before then :(

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

That depends on the type of referendum. If you keep asking the same question, then yes, its weird, but if you change the question to address earlier concerns, that's fine. The example is the Brexiteer canard that the EU keeps running referendums until they get the answer they want, which is actually back to front; they keep tweaking treaties until the electorate(s) find them acceptable.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Referendums = people having a direct vote on the direction of the Government.

I don't see what's more democratic than referendums, Switzerland seems to do them lots and it.

Imagine if we opened the door to questioning previous referendums? - We have a referendum for PR, turns out it's a bit shit, so we have another and revert it, I don't see the problem there? Ofc we'll need to find a way of doing them cheaper, online some how, if some how 100% secured.

I think it's a good way of getting the public involved when we have a bunch of useless indecisive MPs who are out of touch.
Its lots on the same subject until you get an answer you want thats the issue. Not on different subjects and taking each result.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I take your point - but in the case of Brexit it's obvious it was so close as to be relatively indistinguishable. Saying "win" when half the population doesn't agree doesn't give you a clear mandate for doing what's going on now.

What needs to happen is a series of indicative votes, or a complex question where people indicate their preferred outcomes in order of preference.

We're reaping what Cameron's sown with Brexit at the moment - a polarised society where nobody can agree on anything.
They should have had a need 60% or more to pass. Its all that was needed. But it could have been won by 0.2% and still be legit the way they had it

Wij

I am a FH squatter
That depends on the type of referendum. If you keep asking the same question, then yes, its weird, but if you change the question to address earlier concerns, that's fine. The example is the Brexiteer canard that the EU keeps running referendums until they get the answer they want, which is actually back to front; they keep tweaking treaties until the electorate(s) find them acceptable.
Yes. Ireland rejected the treaty. It was changed. Then in the 2nd ref the amended treaty was accepted. Perfectly democratic.

The first Brexit referendum didn't have a treaty. It had fuck all. Having a referendum on an actual deal/treaty is not a re-run by any stretch.

Indyref2 may be the same question but the circumstances would be entirely different. Perfectly democratic again.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They should have had a need 60% or more to pass. Its all that was needed. But it could have been won by 0.2% and still be legit the way they had it
Legitamate result. Not legitamate to change the lives of half the population based on such a spurious question. The question asked was actually pretty meaningless - because it didn't define what it meant.

On your 60% threshold. Yeah, that would have lent it a bit more weight - but it's still 4 out of 10 people - a large minority - that are shat on.

We need more space for nuance in our democracy.

Gwadien

Its lots on the same subject until you get an answer you want thats the issue. Not on different subjects and taking each result.

But that's the political party they voted for.

I know it's unusual for a party to stick to its manifesto but..

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
And? Who gives a shit, she is actually doing something good or are you, like your hero Trump, believe that climate change/global warming is a load of bollocks as you still get cold days?
Because Corbyns brother is right..shes being manipulated and they are queuing up to be seen with the latest trend, politics has now completely descended into to a fashion show.
Bercow wont meet the US president, but will meet a 16yr old climate celebrity.
I mean thats all very right on, but hes the fucking speaker of the house ffs.
You have a job..grin and bear it.
Or ..as I suspect..has everyone in the public eye just become an instagram style presence based on focus groups.
Welcome my adventurer you have chosen the liberal establishment..a worthy quest, heres some vital equipment for your journey.
A virtue signaller
An lgbt badge
An' I fully support your right 'soundboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom