SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
VPN usage becomes the norm and the Snoopers Charter law becomes completely useless. Own goals all round.
Or they make vpn providers pony up subscriber lists.

Or they block country-external ssl...

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
That the actor who played Superman, who was so super he had to steal poor people's washing in the rain?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
So many of them quietly start with.
Someone says.
It is presumed
Views of.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I must say, this forum becoming a Twitter stream is getting very boring.
Most were because they contained screenshots of the interesting bits of the Mueller report which I’m presuming most people won’t read in full and it’s a lot easier to put the screenshot in with a twitter link than doing it manually. It was kind of an important day.

Your alternative is to let Job say there’s nothing in it although on reflection he’ll just do it anyway.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The only thing they tend to push is the usual level of hypocrisy of all such groups.
Nope. They do this:

A) Look at you, consuming things, if you don't practice what you're preaching you're a hypocrite and we will ignore you.

or

B) Practicing what you preach has made you a dirty crusty hippie - therefore you're a fucking idiot and we will ignore you.

It's disingenuousness and dishonesty about engaging with the problem that's the issue - not hypocricy on the part of the messengers.

Job

Yes..its purile complaining about plastic bottles, but its also a very easy target for people who should have thought about that before they went on a 'we want other people to live more basic lives to fix the planet'..march.
It does sum up their mindset, but Scouse is rght that they would have lost either way, you dont change the world by pissing people off.

The thing I like about it is they tried turning off the public wifi..just fucking lol and at last people are using the power of the internet to disrupt society, I thought they were going to do that long ago.
And now the clampdown will begin, incoming mass survellience of the phones in that area.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
We're killing our planet and our government was trying to get us to be annoyed at these protestors because some people got to work late and couldn't but some new clothes.

That's fact.

In regards to climate change, did anyone watch the Attenborough thing on it? I really don't understand how you can tell someone who has seen it first hand over 60 years that he's wrong.

Job hates the elites but his views on this are purely from Oil companies. Good one.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nobody is really interested. Even on this forum.

Lack of real engagement in threads about it is all the proof needed.

We all know what is required but aren't prepared to do it collectively because we know we'd hobble ourselves whilst others would continue regardless.

We'd follow strong government action but we won't push the government to act - and governments don't want to act because to force people is to force themselves too.

It's why I didn't follow through with a career in environmental management after my degree - by then I well understood the futility without government action that wasn't going to come.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Nobody is really interested. Even on this forum.

Lack of real engagement in threads about it is all the proof needed.

We all know what is required but aren't prepared to do it collectively because we know we'd hobble ourselves whilst others would continue regardless.

We'd follow strong government action but we won't push the government to act - and governments don't want to act because to force people is to force themselves too.

It's why I didn't follow through with a career in environmental management after my degree - by then I well understood the futility without government action that wasn't going to come.

Yeah, it's sad, selfish and worrying.

It all boils down to economics unfortunately.

Even though on that documentary they say look, if we spend lots now it'll still be infinitely less than what we'd have to spend in the future.

But 'future?' - Society will grow great when old men plant trees whose shade they will never sit in.

Job

What do you want.
Less humans and more trees with monkeys in them?
Is that really want you want because you are asking the people in those countries to hold back, when we cut down 90% of our forest for safety, ship building and to feed the industrial revolution.
Preaching of the converted.

I hate to be the one but the industrial revolution is better than orangutangs.
They got where they are by taking out creatures to climb to the top of their evolutionary tree, what comes around and all.
We wull save the planet, but only when it directly affects us with real consequences.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah, it's sad, selfish and worrying.
It's the nature of the human animal.

Embattle's full of disagree and funny-as-facepalm but he's got no actual counter argument.

Fair enough. He thinks I'm a hypocrite but I live better than carbon neutral, so my conscience is clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom