SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I have a friend from Stone who has fallen on seriously rough times at the moment and has ended up in a homeless shelter in Wolverhampton. If I'm honest it is almost entirely self inflicted (tales of domestic abuse and drug dealing) in fact he's a scumbag, but he looked after me when I was on my arse so I feel bad not reciprocating. What I found interesting (if accurate, he's known to chat shite) is that he actually tried to sort himself out and got himself a job, but because it was more than 16 hours a week, his board wouldn't be picked up by the State any more and he'd be turfed out for getting a job.

Now if that is even remotely accurate, how the fuck have we got ourselves into THAT state?

Tories...

But seriously, all the services they've cut is having a massive effect as well.

We also need reform on laws surrounding homeless too - people need a fixed abode to get proper employment, but then as you say, you get kicked out of your housing if you earn too much, doesn't make sense.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Tories...

But seriously, all the services they've cut is having a massive effect as well.

We also need reform on laws surrounding homeless too - people need a fixed abode to get proper employment, but then as you say, you get kicked out of your housing if you earn too much, doesn't make sense.

I agree with this, apart from the first line. The austerity that both main parties were offering in 2010 has undoubtedly contributed, however I worked in the Public Sector during the Blair years filling one of the £1 million jobs added, and whilst Services were there they weren't in any way efficient or value for money. 3 people to do one person's job was common, and most time was spent on what you could call "Non Value Add Tasks". So something had to change, we've just gone too far the other way - the ideal would be well-invested public services without creating jobs for the sake of creating jobs.

However, considering around 60% are from outside the UK, you'd have to say Blair's open door policy previous to that has had a measurable affect as well. In fact you could almost suggest that if we could all have a grown up conversation about it without a) calling people racist b) actually being racist, we could properly evaluate the impact of immigration and even make the case for raising taxes to pay for it. I wouldn't be opposed, as the benefits of immigration are quite clear to see and I think it can be a great thing as long as it's properly managed and provisioned for.

That would require grown up debate however, and we don't do that in Britain any more sadly :/

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It's obvious that he trawls far right forums. He can't form his own opinions anyway.

When I googled immigration gangs in London last night one of the articles was talking about how the far right has completely made it up.

Unless only white people are true Brits. Wouldn't shock me if that's what Job thought.
Oh well if you have an article that says its all made up...case closed then.

Job

And you are projecting as per usual - my point simply was that for all the tedious bleating in "newspapers" such as the i or Guardian that our country is a racist hellhole, we're actually more moderate and progressive in this area than the countries we are always told are better than us, such as Germany or Sweden. Because of this, people like our resident jackbooted Aaryan are outliers rather than the norm, and should be treated as such. You can choose to engage with them, I prefer to ignore them and not give their views any thought or publicity.

i.e Ignore them, they'll get the message eventually.

Just seen your other comment - no issues at all sir :)
This really as I constantly point out...we are the least racist, mostcl liberal country in Europe.
But a lot of people have bought into the EU marketing bullshit...and then go around preaching for them.
The EU is sitting on a right wing cesspit...you know .just like they have before in continental Europe.

But no its us, because of twatter and armchair snowfkakes.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
This really as I constantly point out...we are the least racist, mostcl liberal country in Europe.
No. No we're not.

Look at the graphs again. We're not the worst. But we're not the best. Not by a long way.

We are, admittedly, "better than average". But 51% is better than average.

Bodhi

We can always do/be better.

Yep, but suggesting we tear down the current system and starting again seems a bit daft, seeing as by objective measures it is performing better than most.

Job

OK who cancelled global warming.

Holy fuck its fareezin.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well this is totally unsurprising.

...at the end of 2017 there were 100 miles of ALR motorway in England...

Last year, on these stretches there were 16 crashes .. involving stationary vehicles...

...over the same period, there were 29 similar crashes involving vehicles parked up on the hard shoulder for the whole of the rest of the network in England - which includes about 1,800 miles of road.

So if the figures are right and ALR motorway made up all 1800 miles then we could expect 288 crashes, instead of 29. That means breaking down on smart motorways is ten times more dangerous than the already very dangerous being parked on a hard shoulder.

I always thought they were a fucking stupid idea. They've made precicely zero difference to my hour and a bit commute (which has, to the minute, remained the same) and now I'm ten times more likely to be killed or injured if I break down.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Just watched two Marvel movies

⊙ Avengers Infinity Wars
⊙ Black Panther

Not seen either before
Really enjoyed both. But the direction of Black Panther was superb. Even though Infinity Wars was visually more stimulating, Panther was the better made film. If that makes sense.

Embattle

FH is my second home

So if the figures are right and ALR motorway made up all 1800 miles then we could expect 288 crashes, instead of 29. That means breaking down on smart motorways is ten times more dangerous than the already very dangerous being parked on a hard shoulder.

I always thought they were a fucking stupid idea. They've made precisely zero difference to my hour and a bit commute (which has, to the minute, remained the same) and now I'm ten times more likely to be killed or injured if I break down.

It sadly made the assumption that people can drive in the correct manor and at the very least understand the laws.

I remember all the massive delays on the M3 installing the smart motorway between junctions 2-4, when you subtract these delays from any possible benefits I suspect it takes quite a while to see any time benefit overall.

Last edited:

Gwadien

what they found in t'gypt.

_104826698_egypt13.jpg

Gwadien

That's only because the US wants exclusive rights to money laundering, crypto currency threatens that.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That's only because the US wants exclusive rights to money laundering, crypto currency threatens that.
Crypto does indeed threaten money laundering. If the ability to deposit cash into exchanges follows proper know-your-customer rules then crypto shines cold harsh light on all transaction activity - making money laundering *much* harder.

Trad banking is a criminal joke.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I’m not saying you did but many people have been under the impression that it would mean a libertarian free for all.
Not serious crypto people. They welcome regulation because with regulation comes perceived legitimacy (whereas the press paint crypto as the wild west).

Crypto has the potential to free us from market manipulation and government meddling for social purposes, and potentially cracks down on criminal activity - not the other way around.

But it does threaten current entrenched power heirarchies - hence the obvious narrative - which is taken straight out of the 'make the public think this' handbook.

Job

I always thought they were a fucking stupid idea. They've made precicely zero difference to my hour and a bit commute (which has, to the minute, remained the same) and now I'm ten times more likely to be killed or injured if I break down.
The advice is pathetic...try and squeeze up to the left.

It says they will continue to make design changes - including introducing systems that detect stationary vehicles.
Jesus christ..that wasnt in the original design??
Wtf..is that it...Im surprised they didnt put .
Try not to break down..or fit a backup engine.

Job

The last RBS near us has closed.
The bank is now an app to me, what will it actually be when all the branches close?
You could let a mainframe run the whole thing, the consequences for fraud are frightening...money dissappears from your account and your in a call centre queue.
They are just going to retract from a physical prescence and put the entire responsibility of banking on to you.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah, we're constantly hearing stories of First Direct customers with money disappearing from their accounts.

Bodhi

From my experience they seem to fall into two categories - the ones where the hard shoulder is opened up when it's busy (M42, M6 round J10), and the ones where they have taken the hard shoulder away completely. The former aren't too bad, and do generally make traffic flow better in rush hour. The latter? Absolute deathtraps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom