SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
So the part where he looked directly in the camera then turned around and then did it to the side of his face.

I mean, really? He was signalling 'OK'?

LOL.

Serious?
As I had no idea it was now a statement for being a Nazi, yes that is exactly what I thought when I watched it. That was the question with an honest answer. For all I know he could have been in the storm zone signalling to loved ones that he was OK.

Using that logic, I guess I'm a Nazi now having used that signal 1000's of times under water, albeit unknowingly of it newly formed meaning. I'll use it again in October when the dive season starts here :) Maybe get get some T-shirts made up with a "It's OK to use OK" slogan on it and "Make Diving Great Again!". See how that goes :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
As I had no idea it was now a statement for being a Nazi, yes that is exactly what I thought when I watched it. That was the question with an honest answer. For all I know he could have been in the storm zone signalling to loved ones that he was OK.

Using that logic, I guess I'm a Nazi now having used that signal 1000's of times under water, albeit unknowingly of it newly formed meaning. I'll use it again in October when the dive season starts here :) Maybe get get some T-shirts made up with a "It's OK to use OK" slogan on it and "Make Diving Great Again!". See how that goes :)

No.

You're just being pedantic and stupid.

The guy CLEARLY used the signal as a white nationalism figure he CLEARLY didn't use it to tell the TV crew that he was OK.

That's the difference.

I can't be arsed to go into this anymore, this is fucking retarded.

Guess it's cool if I go around doing the Nazi salute, because I'm only paying my respects to the Roman legions.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
It's alright being a white guy and not being upset by white nationalism isn't it.

That's what you take from me objecting to the use of the OK symbol and it's claim to now be alt right nazi, seriously WTF!

You don't have to be upset because other people have idiotic ideas, that is choice and perfectly fine if that is the way you feel. For the record White Nationalism is idiotic in my mind as is any nationalism (extreme left or right) or racial hatred. I just choose not to get on twatter and be part of the outrage mob or get too bent out of shape worrying about something I cannot have any influence over. I live my life and treat other people with decency and respect.

Social media is a stain on the planet. I wish I had the power to switch it off.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
No.

You're just being pedantic and stupid.

The guy CLEARLY used the signal as a white nationalism figure he CLEARLY didn't use it to tell the TV crew that he was OK.
You know that for an absolute fact and would see his livelihood taken away without a second thought. Fair enough, good for you. I have doubts and that should be OK as well.

Gwadien

You know that for an absolute fact and would see his livelihood taken away without a second thought. Fair enough, good for you. I have doubts and that should be OK as well.

Yes because someone who supports organisations that closely affiliate theirselves with the Nazi party should not be in any form of public work.

Unless you don't mind a search and rescue guy who might think 'nah they're black, fuck them' is OK.

If he was doing it for a joke, then he's a fucking idiot and he should learn from his mistakes.

Again, you need to remember WHERE in America this is happening.

We're talking about places where Black people were lynched in living memory.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
That's what you take from me objecting to the use of the OK symbol and it's claim to now be alt right nazi, seriously WTF!

You don't have to be upset because other people have idiotic ideas, that is choice and perfectly fine if that is the way you feel. For the record White Nationalism is idiotic in my mind as is any nationalism (extreme left or right) or racial hatred. I just choose not to get on twatter and be part of the outrage mob or get too bent out of shape worrying about something I cannot have any influence over. I live my life and treat other people with decency and respect.

Social media is a stain on the planet. I wish I had the power to switch it off.
@Gwadien likes to be offended on behalf of other people who may or maynot be offended. Its why we are in such a shit place.

And just because you are offended doesnt mean that whatever offended you should be banned.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So the part where he looked directly in the camera then turned around and then did it to the side of his face.

I mean, really? He was signalling 'OK'?

LOL.

Serious?
This tbfh. But I wouldn't convict him in a court of law over it. But yeah, clearly deliberate.

This too. There's room for reasonable doubt, but not much.

It's 99% certain that the lad's a racist asshat, but we need to be a bit more adult with how we handle these people.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Yes because someone who supports organisations that closely affiliate theirselves with the Nazi party should not be in any form of public work.

Unless you don't mind a search and rescue guy who might think 'nah they're black, fuck them' is OK.

If he was doing it for a joke, then he's a fucking idiot and he should learn from his mistakes.

Again, you need to remember WHERE in America this is happening.

We're talking about places where Black people were lynched in living memory.
"Just very subtle saluting the neo Nazis that I affiliate so much with, my brethren! WHITE POWER!"
obama1.jpg screen-shot-2015-12-09-at-11-09-11-am.png download.jpeg 465692007-president-barack-obama-delivers-the-state-of-the-union.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.jpg fm52d96921.jpg

Get over yourself, you SJW

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Agree. Watch the video.

Not that I care that much. It's a storm in a twitter teacup. Basically it's a "omg! there's a racist person there!"

georgie

FH is my second home
Please show me proof that he is racist and affiliates with neo Nazis

I presumed you were being facetious with your pictures, but just in case, Obama in your photos and the person in question are not doing the same sign (I'd would suggest that Obama's aren't OK signs either, probably articulatory gestures). A similar comparison would be the peace symbol and flicking the V's.

Gwadien

Please show me proof that he is racist and affiliates with neo Nazis

I didn't suggest he was racist, as you have correctly pointed out, I do not have evidence. I was suggesting what he was doing was wrong.

Someone said that that hand symbol is a sign for white nationalism - and is some kind of conspiracy theory or some shit, and therefore isn't true. Which is completely irrelevant to the point I'm making.

The point is that this dude CLEARLY used the white nationalist symbol (Even if it is made up) HE used it. Unless you are seriously trying to suggest to me that he is saying I'm OK to the camera crew, and doing it discreetly - as I said before, like people do when they rub their middle finger on their face as a joke.

Whether he's a white nationalist or he's taking the piss, it's irrelevant, the guy is working in the public sector. If you lived in that part of America and you were a black person it would make you feel uncomfortable, knowing that this individual could be coming to save you, and also that the local authority finds such behaviour acceptable.

It works exactly the same in the private industry, the difference is that people will vote with their wallet.

It's like the Pepe meme - it was 'normalised' because it was only a poor meme, the people that use it and how they use it is what matters.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
crowdeer.jpg

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

fettoken

I am a FH squatter

"Monroe warned that Hopkins could be turned into a martyr and pushed further to the extremes by the verdict. “She could have had a glittering career ahead of her,” she said. “I hope this is an opportunity to regroup and reconsider how best to provide for her family without ending up in court or being pushed further to the margins. I don’t know if it’s a fire that’s burning out or a fire that we’re pouring petrol on.”

What a high-horse riding high and mighty, red-haired bleep, even though she might be right.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What a high-horse riding high and mighty, red-haired bleep, even though she might be right.
What is it about people who, knowing their comments are for public consumption thererefore take the time to produce a measured, considered and intelligent response, that draws the ire of people.

You even acknowledge that she's probably right, yet still hate her.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
What is it about people who, knowing their comments are for public consumption thererefore take the time to produce a measured, considered and intelligent response, that draws the ire of people.

You even acknowledge that she's probably right, yet still hate her.

I don't hate her, but i do hate on the fact that people feel entitled to being the one to correct others behavior while (probably!?!) not considering their own. I guess in this case, the person she's criticizing's a huuge bleeep. (To be fair and honest, her red hair set me off...BUT, I'm working on adjusting my SJW-meter)

Gwadien

I don't hate her, but i do hate on the fact that people feel entitled to being the one to correct others behavior while (probably!?!) not considering their own. I guess in this case, the person she's criticizing's a huuge bleeep. (To be fair and honest, her red hair set me off...BUT, I'm working on adjusting my SJW-meter)

Wat?

Katie Hopkins said some wrong stuff about her.

She responded by saying 'Donate £5k to a migrants charity or I'll sue'

She said no, and ended up having to pay hundreds of thousands.

I can't see how Jack Monroe has done anything wrong - unless you just hate people who are a different.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

So you don’t like her because of her stupid haircut? Oh...Kaaaay.

Katie Hopkins is a foul human being and the word schadenfreude could have been invented for this situation.

I find Jack Monroe vaguely irritating but in this case she went out of her way to avoid court and Hopkins, because she’s a toxic cow and thick as pigshit to boot, doubled down on her stupidity (she was basically confusing Monroe with someone else), so deserves everything she’s got.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Wat?

Katie Hopkins said some wrong stuff about her.

She responded by saying 'Donate £5k to a migrants charity or I'll sue'

She said no, and ended up having to pay hundreds of thousands.

I can't see how Jack Monroe has done anything wrong - unless you just hate people who are a different.

She did, and the response was more than fair, BUT, there were bits in the response which was over the top high-horse:ing IN MY OPINION (from Monroes side, not taking into account this Kate? character of whom i know nothing about).
I wanted to shine light on the fact that people easily jump on one side without reflecting over their own selves and the other side. More fairness overall is what I'm asking for. Now you Gwad, i think you are inclined to easily jump on one side and not being very fair at times.

Obviously i do not hate people whom are different. And i agreed that the hair remark was completely unfair, BUT, it was just my (flawed) reaction.

Edit: After reading up on this case it seems that this Kate character is a awful human being, while Jack has been fair in every sense of the word. So there.

So you don’t like her because of her stupid haircut? Oh...Kaaaay.

Katie Hopkins is a foul human being and the word schadenfreude could have been invented for this situation.

I find Jack Monroe vaguely irritating but in this case she went out of her way to avoid court and Hopkins, because she’s a toxic cow and thick as pigshit to boot, doubled down on her stupidity (she was basically confusing Monroe with someone else), so deserves everything she’s got.

After obtaining information from both sides, i do agree that Jack has been super valiant about everything, and i should remedy my disdain for weird haircuts.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Kate usually has the financial backing of various right wing media.
She libled this dude off her own back..and wouldnt back down
The real crime is lawyer fees..fuck those overpriced charlatans..they argue it out in court..clean out both sides then count the cash together in the pub.
Those fuckers too 3 million out of Savilles estate..to hand out 1 million to abused survivors.
I would personally have them fucking hung.

Gwadien

She did, and the response was more than fair, BUT, there were bits in the response which was over the top high-horse:ing IN MY OPINION (from Monroes side, not taking into account this Kate? character of whom i know nothing about).
I wanted to shine light on the fact that people easily jump on one side without reflecting over their own selves and the other side. More fairness overall is what I'm asking for. Now you Gwad, i think you are inclined to easily jump on one side and not being very fair at times.

Obviously i do not hate people whom are different. And i agreed that the hair remark was completely unfair, BUT, it was just my (flawed) reaction.

Edit: After reading up on this case it seems that this Kate character is a awful human being, while Jack has been fair in every sense of the word. So there.

After obtaining information from both sides, i do agree that Jack has been super valiant about everything, and i should remedy my disdain for weird haircuts.

Good boy.

;)

I guess it's my political views, but I don't feel like I 'easily jump on side of an argument'.

I feel that acceptable behaviour is getting worse and worse - sure there's some small cases where it over the top and ridiculous - and 9/10 I can point them out, but when I do argue about them (Like the White Power symbol dude) I feel like it's completely justified.

Why?

I did a degree in History.

The conversations that we are starting to have are a bit questionable - the reason why we're excessive is because of the Second world war and Civil Rights in America - with the rise of the Right it's important to ensure it doesn't begin on the slippery slope to something far more sinister because once we're on that slippery slope, it's quite hard to stop. It's the responsibility of everybody to see what is happening and preventing it before it happens.

I mean, you can say that's far fetched and not realistic, but @Job completely agrees with me, difference is that Job embraces the concept of the 4th Reich whilst I find it abhorrent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom