SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Bought a double pack of chocolate digestives today.

Just chain-munched an entire packet whilst watching Predator

Now I feel terrible. I feel so guilty. I've betrayed myself. I am ashamed.

There was bacon in the fridge too. I could have had both bacon and biscuits at the same time. Dammit.

The Mrs walked out the room in disgust. I let you down too.

:cry:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Oh. Apparently its piggish and irresponsible to eat an entire double pack of biscuits and not bat an eyelid.

Remind me not to opine when we're just going to the local inn for one or two liveners and it takes you 2 hours to get ready

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Oh. Apparently its piggish and irresponsible to eat an entire double pack of biscuits and not bat an eyelid.

Remind me not to opine when we're just going to the local inn for one or two liveners and it takes you 2 hours to get ready

One pack I've done, but two? That takes the biscuit.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
All that packaging for 2 burgers that are supposed to be tempting people not to use meat to be better for the enviornment.

True say, but I don't think America is as aware of plastic consumption as Europe is.

global-mismanaged-plastic-waste-details.png

Maybe I'm wrong.

I dunno, if you talk to vegans - all the current non-vegan methods of saving the planet are pointless if we're going to continue to consume meat, and there is lots of truth in that.

Gwadien

"Burger replacement" pffft. We need to get away from that stuff and focus on proper real food IMO.

If you can create super tasty burgers that are healthy af (apparently the owners son eats them every day) I don't see the problem.

It'll evolve into tasty perfect calorie tablets, but what's the problem with that?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
If you can create super tasty burgers that are healthy af (apparently the owners son eats them every day) I don't see the problem.

It'll evolve into tasty perfect calorie tablets, but what's the problem with that?

As long as we can still have real burgers, I don't see the issue either.

However your second point is a more interesting one - of all the old Sci-Fi visions of the future I am pissed off we haven't made any progress in yet, it's meals in pill form. Food's great when you have loads of time to eat and enjoy with company, when I'm "on the go", I'd rather just get the food into my stomach as quickly and pleasurably as possible (hence my frequency at the McDonald's by work) - pill format meals would be perfect for that.

If we save the cows for the special occasions maybe the vegans would shut up occasionally?

Ah no, thought that would be too much to ask.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad

We have these plant based minced "meats" in Denmark. It is total bullshit and tastes like ass.

They are not aimed at vegetarians or vegans, but at meat eaters who try to show how good they can be by eating this shit show. Eat a burger, when you feel like it but eat fewer. Have more meat free days and leave these products. Buy good quality veggies instead of double wrapped "I-cant-believe-it-is-not-meat" products.

The day they can produce a quality piece of meat at an affordable price grown in a lab, is the day that the earth is saved, truly.

Gwadien

The day they can produce a quality piece of meat at an affordable price grown in a lab, is the day that the earth is saved, truly.

That's exactly what this is though - the guy who runs it is a scientist and was like hang on, plants and animals aint so different.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
True say, but I don't think America is as aware of plastic consumption as Europe is.

Maybe I'm wrong.

I dunno, if you talk to vegans - all the current non-vegan methods of saving the planet are pointless if we're going to continue to consume meat, and there is lots of truth in that.
I think that is BS for the middle East, cant drink tap water here so everyone uses bottled water. The joke here used to be that the national flower of UAE was little blue plastic bags. Per capital it is close to the top of the table from stuff I have seen before.

The tough task of tackling the plastic problem | DW | 01.06.2018

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

Maybe I'm wrong.

And guess where we send all our plastic to be "recycled"?

China.

And guess what they do with it?

Put it in the sea/landfill.

UK's plastic waste may be dumped overseas instead of recycled

Can we not figure out how to re-process it here so we don't have to rely on countries with ever dubious environmental practices? As at the minute I am struggling to see the justification for putting plastic in the Blue Bin - if it's going to be shipped halfway across the world and dumped in landfill, I'd rather save the transport costs and just dump it in ours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom