SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Agree @Bodhi. We shoild be responsible for our own waste.

Reduce, re-use, recycle in that order. But we never focus on the first two.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
41688094_1662757037169394_5778735929623576576_n.jpg

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Why cant you drink tap water?
Too many minerals, makes you ill. They say it meets WHO standards but it comes out the tap brown half the time. No expats drink it, everyone has a water cooler in their homes and buys a service which delivers weekly.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Too many minerals, makes you ill. They say it meets WHO standards but it comes out the tap brown half the time. No expats drink it, everyone has a water cooler in their homes and buys a service which delivers weekly.
Ick

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I suppose that's why @Job is posting that fake news piece so when Trump gets criticised for not doing enough they'll have a stead fast fake news response.

Gwadien

This statement just sums up the entire farce that we are slipping into.

US Coast Guard worker taken off Florence duty over TV 'white power' hand signal

Coast Guard Lieutenant J B Zorn said the incident was being investigated: “Whatever that symbol means, it doesn’t reflect the Coast Guard and our core values. It won’t be tolerated.”

I hope he was trolling.

What are you saying?

It's cool for people to support neo nazi groups?

I came on FH thinking I can't wait to see what Job has said about Khan asking for a second referendum because ISIS want it or some shit.

Nah this is better.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
What are you saying?

It's cool for people to support neo nazi groups?

I came on FH thinking I can't wait to see what Job has said about Khan asking for a second referendum because ISIS want it or some shit.

Nah this is better.
Thumb and index closed on circle with three fingers upright is and OK signal in diving, how the hell is that neo Nazi?

AdobeStock_50504380.jpeg

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I think the fact that he didnt know what it meant ..but was confident it didnt reflect the values of the coastguard was the bit that sums up the pc bandwagon, plus the fact you didnt notice that kinda seals the coroporate response to controversy has now been adopted as the norm.

Job

Yes and I would like a second vote on his mayorship.

Gwadien

Thumb and index closed on circle with three fingers upright is and OK signal in diving, how the hell is that neo Nazi?

AdobeStock_50504380.jpeg

It's reverse, it's so blatant he's doing it on purpose - it's like sticking your middle finger up and scratching it on your face.

Is this the stage we've got to, your freedom of speech is so under attack we're now sympathising with white nationalists? lel.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
It's reverse, it's so blatant he's doing it on purpose - it's like sticking your middle finger up and scratching it on your face.

Is this the stage we've got to, your freedom of speech is so under attack we're now sympathising with white nationalists? lel.

How the hell does an internationally recognized symbol for OK get construed as alt right, the fucking world is going mental. I dont care if its upside down. Its still "OK". Sorry but I just don't get it! Been sports diving for 35 years and never even heard that this was a thing. It's like some idiots have just made it up on twatter and is now "a thing".

georgie

FH is my second home
How the hell does an internationally recognized symbol for OK get construed as alt right, the fucking world is going mental. I dont care if its upside down. Its still "OK". Sorry but I just don't get it! Been sports diving for 35 years and never even heard that this was a thing. It's like some idiots have just made it up on twatter and is now "a thing".

Apparently it started as a 4Chan (that elusive hacker) joke trying to convince MSM outlets that it was a secret code (W and P in American Sign Language) for white supremacists to identify each other in public, media outlets ran with it, then back peddled when they found out it was bollocks. Some herpy derpy folks thought it was cool and adopted it and here we are today.

As for this guy in particular, who knows? Maybe he's just gone with the latest version of:

subtle-fu.gif

subtle-fu.gif

Either way, pretty fucking stupid when you're a coastguard on TV during a report for a catastrophic natural emergency.

As for how symbols can have their meanings changed:

Wikipedia said:
The swastika (as a character 卐 or 卍) is a geometrical figure and an ancient religious icon from the cultures of Eurasia, where it has been and remains a symbol of divinity and spirituality in Indian religions and East Asian religions. In the Western world it was a symbol of auspiciousness and good luck until the 1930s, when it became a feature of Nazi symbolism as an emblem of Aryan race identity and, as a result, was stigmatized by association with ideas of racism and anti-Semitism.

A pretty well known one.

/Edit: No idea why there are two nose scratchers. Preview only shows one.

Gwadien

Did you watch the video?

Gwadien

Yes and it looked like he was signalling OK to me, I did not read the twatter stuff though.

So the part where he looked directly in the camera then turned around and then did it to the side of his face.

I mean, really? He was signalling 'OK'?

LOL.

Serious?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Apparently it started as a 4Chan (that elusive hacker) joke trying to convince MSM outlets that it was a secret code (W and P in American Sign Language) for white supremacists to identify each other in public, media outlets ran with it, then back peddled when they found out it was bollocks. Some herpy derpy folks thought it was cool and adopted it and here we are today.

As for this guy in particular, who knows? Maybe he's just gone with the latest version of:

subtle-fu.gif

View attachment 39169

Either way, pretty fucking stupid when you're a coastguard on TV during a report for a catastrophic natural emergency.

As for how symbols can have their meanings changed:

A pretty well known one.

/Edit: No idea why there are two nose scratchers. Preview only shows one.

Taking over a an international symbol used for safety situations like diving communication is plain ridiculous. I don't even care that it was started as a joke or troll, to be outraged by it is crazy. Why cant people just take the high ground and rise above it rather than be outraged by it. Such a stupid thing.

Job

Hmmm...looks like youve been outraging a lot of liberal fish.

Gwadien

Taking over a an international symbol used for safety situations like diving communication is plain ridiculous. I don't even care that it was started as a joke or troll, to be outraged by it is crazy. Why cant people just take the high ground and rise above it rather than be outraged by it. Such a stupid thing.

It doesn't really matter what you think about it.

It's like 100% clear that the guy did it for a reaction, whether he is a white nationalist is another matter - I don't want my public services to have a hint of white nationalism in it, especially where abouts in America they are.

It's alright being a white guy and not being upset by white nationalism isn't it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom