SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Plastic surgery or not..but still looking real good at 50.
Julia Roberts.

4FE8A99400000578-6147113-image-m-17_1536449419127.jpg

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Toksvig, who founded the party with Catherine Mayer in 2015, replied that she believes she is paid 40% of the fee paid to Fry, her predecessor, receiving a figure only equal to regular panellist Alan Davies.

So she doesn't actually know then?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Apparently every single call against her, including the code violations, were correct. But now the claim is she's treated more harshly because she's a woman (although I noticed previous tweets about the way she is treated by umpires is because she's black...) I really hope some tennis nerd is collating the stats for code violations and penalties by sex right now, because this screams bullshit.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Apparently every single call against her, including the code violations, were correct. But now the claim is she's treated more harshly because she's a woman (although I noticed previous tweets about the way she is treated by umpires is because she's black...) I really hope some tennis nerd is collating the stats for code violations and penalties by sex right now, because this screams bullshit.
Serena furore exposes double standards and structures of our society

Aparently we should feel sorry for her cause she had a hard life growing up which explains her being angry.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Honestly it is such a load of horseshit, she's not being lambasted because she's a woman, she's being lambasted because she threw an enormous strop because she lost a tennis match. I've seen various vacuous morons proclaim that McEnroe and Connors were made hereos for the same behaviour, which is amusing as that isn't how I remember it.

View: https://youtu.be/fd90m3xKfl8

Suspect we won't be seeing a similar sketch from a modern sketch show on this one.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The 3 warnings were all slam dunks - the coach was obviously coaching her (and admitted as much in an interview after the match), she smashed her racquet and then she accused the umpire of being a thief for stealing points from her. People have said that other players get off without warnings for moaning at the ref but she basically questioned his integrity very loudly, I don't know what else he was supposed to do.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Hopefully s/he'll announce hisher
retirement.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Awww @Bodhi bless :fluffle:

You keep trying to argue something that's not being discussed. I'm *intensely relaxed* about the existence of rich people. Indeed - in the quote you used I said: "I think it's good that we can have ridiculously rich people".

This is about inheritance tax. It started with a post about inheritance reform, it continued with a point about un-earned wealth (inherited wealth) and it's distortive effects on democracy and the general wellbeing of society. And at every step of the way I've been very careful to bold/italicise and take great pains to point out that that is the context and frame of reference.

If you don't want to talk about that, then fair enough. But stop trying to have arguments where none exist. Weirdo.
So what makes you so special that you get to decide what people do with their money? Your view seems to be that if you get rich and blow it all on speedboats and hookers, that's fine but if you should choose to use it to take care of your loved ones that makes you some sort of plague on society?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So what makes you so special that you get to decide what people do with their money? Your view seems to be that if you get rich and blow it all on speedboats and hookers, that's fine but if you should choose to use it to take care of your loved ones that makes you some sort of plague on society?
I'm not special. But unchecked inherited wealth IS a plague on society.

Just to, once again, be very clear here - nobody is saying you shouldn't be able to provide for your children after you die. Ensuring that they'll have a roof over their heads and comfortable means is absolutely fine.

But they shouldn't get to be antidemocratic powerful freeloaders by birth. That's a structural inequality that harms everyone, at the expense of maintaining a powerful rich class who didn't have to work for their cash.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
lmao.

Academy chain accused of misusing funds

I don't understand how there can be anything sinister behind it; I doubt the spare money is going into anyones pay.
No, it won't go in anyones pay - it'll go in shareholders pockets via dividends.*

How naive can you be? Claiming hundreds of thousands from government, spending tens of thousands on "repairs". How can there not be anything sinister behind it?

Whether they find anything illegal is another thing - but that money has walked, and it's not been handed back to the taxpayer now, has it?

*(or however you disburse from a "charitable trust").

Editedit: Like giving "non-income-producing" land to your heirs, tax free, as a bloke I know has done with his family's shooting estate - which is run on a "charitable" footing.

Last edited:

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
No, it won't go in anyones pay - it'll go in shareholders pockets via dividends.*

How naive can you be? Claiming hundreds of thousands from government, spending tens of thousands on "repairs". How can there not be anything sinister behind it?

Whether they find anything illegal is another thing - but that money has walked, and it's not been handed back to the taxpayer now, has it?

*(or however you disburse from a "charitable trust").

Editedit: Like giving "non-income-producing" land to your heirs, tax free, as a bloke I know has done with his family's shooting estate - which is run on a "charitable" footing.
Charitys dont have shareholders. They have trustees who generally are not paid.

Any profits / spare money should be put back into the charity.

Otherwise it would be illegal afaik

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

You could try reading the link I gave (although it's a US based one (first one I googled) it's similar for UK). Charities and charitable trusts are an excellent legal way of dodging tax and handing assets on to your family members.

dysfunction

FH is my second home

Yes "profits" have to be put back into the charity.
Doesn't mean you can't spend the money on other things....you shouldn't as you should be using as much as possible for the benefit of the charity and not to line the pockets of the trustees.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
You could try reading the link I gave (although it's a US based one (first one I googled) it's similar for UK). Charities and charitable trusts are an excellent legal way of dodging tax and handing assets on to your family members.

The heads of the trusta are on up to £250k (standard around 100k) which is crazy in itself but it's probably justified.

Academies largely self sufficient so there's many departments that they've had to open/outsource which means that it is a huge financial operation.

I've only seen struggling academies financially - and I don't mean 'stfu whiny public sector' struggling I mean departments unable to afford glue sticks. Photocopying (cheapest methods) severely limited.

Oh and the best (this is from one of the top schools in the UK) they wanted companies to sponsor the school having advertisement boards around the school. Even floating the idea of having sponsors on uniforms.

I dunno man, I'd like to hear more on the story tbh and see if there is anyone gaining financially. If they are then there's no excuse, but if it's because they're broke and then serious questions need to be raised.

Unfortunately I think this is the reality of academies; schools love having more freedom and the council's have less financial burdens their selves. But when you ask a load of teachers to run a multi million pound operation I don't really know what is expected.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The heads of the trusta are on up to £250k (standard around 100k) which is crazy in itself but it's probably justified.

Academies largely self sufficient so there's many departments that they've had to open/outsource which means that it is a huge financial operation.

I've only seen struggling academies financially - and I don't mean 'stfu whiny public sector' struggling I mean departments unable to afford glue sticks. Photocopying (cheapest methods) severely limited.

Oh and the best (this is from one of the top schools in the UK) they wanted companies to sponsor the school having advertisement boards around the school. Even floating the idea of having sponsors on uniforms.

I dunno man, I'd like to hear more on the story tbh and see if there is anyone gaining financially. If they are then there's no excuse, but if it's because they're broke and then serious questions need to be raised.

Unfortunately I think this is the reality of academies; schools love having more freedom and the council's have less financial burdens their selves. But when you ask a load of teachers to run a multi million pound operation I don't really know what is expected.

Wait, they get the teachers to organise building maintenance work? What a great idea. We should get NHS nurses to order plumbing supplies and civil servants to do a bit of painting and decorating while we're at it.

As for this story, looks like standard slum landlord tactics; abuse any grants you can get and do a cheapo repair job; there's scandals like that over here about shoddy flats built with non-existent fire-safety all the time. It doesn't actually matter if they were milking the system because they couldn't afford glue sticks; you don't avoid fire safety work, ever, and even if grants were being redeployed for noble purposes (which to be honest I really doubt) its still fraud.

I'm very cynical about charities in general tbh. Tax free status is a natural magnet for unscrupulous behaviour. Its like the way Americans always brag that they spend more money on charity than anyone else, well yes, but only because their churches are charities and they spend their congregation's contributions on stupid mega-churches to make yet more money. Spending money on charity isn't necessarily a synonym for doing something good. Yes I know there are great and noble charities out there, but an awful lot aren't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom