SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Could be worse, you could experience my one month on Tinder. Only a single match in that entire time but when I saw she was at least a 9 I didn't care about all the wasted time.

Turned out it was a misclick and she blocked me 5 minutes later. :eek:

It's all in the opening line, it normally goes like this for me:

Big G - "Hey, I like shoes"

Girl - "omg, come over to mine and come on my face"

That's all there is to it tbh.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
22688816_1672376296129138_9098693257977715926_n.jpg

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Spent an hour this afternoon playing with the new Samsung Note 8. Very nice device.

The camera is outstanding. Impressive zoom.

A few buts...
- It's absurdly expensive £869
- Battery not removeable
- I'm not a fan of the wrap around edge screen. Don't see the point of it. Much prefer a metal surround like the Note4
- Very odd shape. It looks far too long and not wide enough, but having said that, didn't really notice it when using it. It doesn't look right.
- S pen is smaller than the Note4 pen, and not as comfortable to use. Still don't understand why the S pen wasn't located on the top of the phone.
- Definitely needs a case. Drop it, and with no edges, say bye bye to £900.

It's nice. Very nice. But no more. Doesn't break any new ground.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Few phones have removable batteries these days, they aren't designed to be used for any longer than a couple of years.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
One up for popo.

Copper moved into my Granddads house about 5 years ago, he died 6-7 years ago.

Knock on the door today, popo that moved in had found a gold tie clip at the back of the spare room wardrobe (built in thing) and thought I should have it. Really chuffed about it, Granddad used to wear it for formal stuff.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Been hoping to get a Pixel 2, but it seems like it has loads of issues :(

Now I don't know what to get..

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The ordinary one is fine, it's the bigger one with the LG screen that has issues.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Except the standard Pixel also has problems.

Lots of it appears to be down to lazy manufacturing, interference from the earpiece when making calls etc, probably down to poor insulation.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I hope you're right. I really do. Because one of those things managed to kill my entire crew in less than 24 hours.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Ah, Job, what bollocks will he come out with today.

Tune in next week, folks.

The story you posted has nothing at all to do with the nonsense you just shat out onto the page.

In fact, I am not even sure what the point to the article is. Obviously if you have 100 positions and 10,000 people who want them, then you will end up with 9900 disappointed people.

A PHD in one of the sciences, you might work a lot of the time on projects or studies but the chances of a 9-5, 5 days a week for anything more than a few years, are pretty slim, just from the nature of the field(s)

Last edited:

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Thats strange..because what I said is exactly whats happening..but whatever.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
No you didn't.

You said that studying for a degree is pointless. When it quite clearly isn't.

Again, you appear to have difficulty expressing what you mean in your native language.

Everyone benefits from a degree, something I have come to realise while doing one in later life. They teach you how to do, not what to do.

Now, obviously in a world full of degrees one is going to be more useful that the other (media studies, anyone?) and you get lots of useless people with degrees but on the whole they are very useful indeed.

Last edited:

Job

Its pointless because you a very unlikely to make anything of it outside of the uni of life..while at uni..
Factor in the years wasted getting one, the fact that graduates get paid fuk all for years and the ever increasing interest on that ridiculous loan.
Unis have become the worst kind of ripoff education scam that would attract investigation by the authorities if it was small private company saturating the market place with dodgy education.
It was fine when it was only the elite and knowledge was scarce, now its a joke.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Case in point.

Anyway, you do understand that to gain knowledge, we as a species must pursue it? It doesn't just appear in serial form over the years? A degree teaches you how to find knowledge, it barely teaches you any actual facts, or data.

For example, my history degree teaches me how to research things for myself, if I wanted to learn a load of dates then I could memorise them from a book, but what use would that be?

Unless ofc you think we know everything there is yo know about everything?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Almost every study on the subject claims the opposite, graduates earn higjer wages and live higher quality lives than non grads

As Raven said a degree teaches you how to study that subject not what to do, now for some fields that may not be worth 3-4 years study time, others it definitely is

I recently interviewed a self taught guy who could not answer a basic question on why a certain piece of code works the way it does (and thus causes a bug), 10 years coding experience, could write that code in minutes, next day a guy straight out of uni with a bachelors degree immediatly answers and explains correctly how to fix it (did not hire either of them hah!)

Being able to do something is nice and has its purposes, being able to understand why it works when you do it is great and is often the difference between mking a deadline and not making it

(If you are curious the question was about potential pitfalls of pass by value in java)

Job

Well one example hardly makes a trend..but I m not complaining about education or claiming no one succeeds, its just that most are not doing better than traditional employment avenues....the repayments on the loans tell all.
The scenario you gave on how code works..that type of knowledge is common knowledge, 2 mins on google would give you a far greater spread of information on 90% of code.
As with driverless cars..robot surgeons and AI doctors...no one is going to trust what anyone remembers from uni, it has to be the consensus of the hive mind thesedays.

Job

That looks like...you could have a point there son.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Well one example hardly makes a trend..but I m not complaining about education or claiming no one succeeds, its just that most are not doing better than traditional employment avenues....the repayments on the loans tell all.
The scenario you gave on how code works..that type of knowledge is common knowledge, 2 mins on google would give you a far greater spread of information on 90% of code.
As with driverless cars..robot surgeons and AI doctors...no one is going to trust what anyone remembers from uni, it has to be the consensus of the hive mind thesedays.

You will get an answer sure but if you do not have the ability to actually understand it whats the point? The hive mind only functions if it has the answers if no one knows anything its an idiocracy

Edit to clarify i dont think AI wont have any effect on the world, its already changing industries, but i firmly believe that AI has the ability to make university learning even better rather than making it redundant

(Also not sure how we ended up talking about AI after discussing merits of education)

Last edited:

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Friend flew from Arlanda six hours ago, basically empty there. He measured the wireless speed of the internet: 128 - 126 mbit/s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom