SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
My phones setup to auto answer and connects to my bluetooth stereo, but in satnav mode I often zoom around while driving to check a better way or to see if Im heading for the coast.
Guess Im armed now to argue it if I get stopped...though you have to be humble or its undue care and attention.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What should I be doing for maintenance? Keeping it clean and making sure everything that needs to be tight, is tight, naturally but is it worth getting chain/cog brushes?
Keep it clean. Don't use a pressure washer (soap + water + big sponge). When you lube your chain give it time to soak in and then take an old rag and wipe off the external excess - it'll attract dust and shit. If the chain + cogs get really greasy & dirty get a chain cleaning device and some citrus degreaser and clean, rinse and re-lube the chain.

Take it into your LBS once a year and get 'em to give it the once over. Store it somewhere that doesn't get frosty. Job jobbed IMO. @Tom'll give better advice than me tho. You can get way more anal - I do about mine - but then I spent ten times the amount you did so just ride and enjoy it. Dick about and play like when you were a kid. Make a fool of yourself :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Every single major news outlet is saying you cant ever touch the screen even in a cradle...the RAC are non commital, the AA says simole one button press, but no programminng.
I appreciate non of that lines up with the legislation...but 99% of people will be getting their info from the news.
The Surrey police have tried to clear it up..but seem confused themselves..citing undue care and attention for touching the screen.
Its a mess tbh, if you google can you touch the screen...which is what I did..every result says no.

Ahhh. So it turns out there is a need for education and that one cannot simply google everything.

Job

Well nothings perfect and tbh these days you find more truth in the comments than the headlines.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well nothings perfect and tbh these days you find more truth in the comments than the headlines.
How can you judge truth in comments?

What you're saying there is 'comments agree with what I think more' - which means you just look for self-confirmation.

Which is no shock really :(

Job

No ..opposing views in the comments make me investigate it deeper, I would have taken that phone rule as legit till Tom/Raven posted the legislation.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
So, when you say "investigate deeper" what you actually mean is "educate yourself" ?

Job

Well that is..as I have posted before, all that will be left, we will have instant knowledge, but we will also need to build a hive 'mind' to cross check for the truth.
Which is pretty well full circle for humanity...unfortunately that is a breeding ground for cult belief.
Our biggest challenge is to stop a world religion of bullshit rising from our hyper connectivity.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You are talking about opinions, not facts.

For example.

It is not anyone's opinion that Brexit is happening, that it is happening is a fact.

It is peoples opinion that it will be good and it is others opinion that it will be bad, neither of which are facts. You have to be able to form your own opinions rather than rely on someone else to do it for you. To form your opinion you must look at the facts and decide how you think it will play out, not how you know it will play out. Forming an opinion based on others opinion is the worst thing you can do.

Job

No I'm referring to facts as much as we can be sure about anything...there are strong forces wishing to distort facts for an agenda...there is a cacophony of facts swamping us, how do we find out the truth..about say the Syrian war...theres the government line..the oppositions line..the russians..the US..bloggers on the ground...the aid agencies.
They can now all feed info into the net...who decides whos truth is more important.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Don't see how that applies to science based experimentally-verifiable facts. The official developong narrative is clear and supportable - only knockable by similar science.

But you take opinion pieces and cherry pick single studies that suit your view, discarding the work of unbiased experts (because they don't exist, right?) so you can confirm your own opinions...

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Don't see how that applies to science based experimentally-verifiable facts. The official developong narrative is clear and supportable - only knockable by similar science.

But you take opinion pieces and cherry pick single studies that suit your view, discarding the work of unbiased experts (because they don't exist, right?) so you can confirm your own opinions...

I cherry picked a theory by some beardy guy which supports natural evolution of species, and factors natural selection based on the smart/strong survive, so that I can call people dumb to their faces, which clearly supports the agenda of me being an asshole to a wide layer of society.

If that makes sense.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Cause general and accepted scientific opinion has never been proven wrong.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.

The scientific principle is less prone to error, what with the peer review and rigorous counter-testing performed by the community, in stark contrast with right or left loonies parading opinions or fake news as facts.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Of course it has. Occasionally. Natural part of the process. But the facts of our current existence (including that we're having a conversation yet are miles apart) prove that it provides us the ability to arrive at the correct answers way more than it leads us down the wrong path.

But if you can point to a different method and process that can reliably provide objective verifiable evidence that you can be confident of acting on I will never post anything on any part of the Internet ever again.

Otherwise kindly withdraw your literally pointless assertion.

Job

The scientific principle is less prone to error, what with the peer review and rigorous counter-testing performed by the community, in stark contrast with right or left loonies parading opinions or fake news as facts.
Thats why the '90% of scientists agree' is such a dangerous thing, because numbers will become the currency of truth, and numbers are so easy to get in a connected world.
Make an educated guess, then let everyone try to prove it wrong...not ..this is the truth.
The 'science is over' claims by the pro warming climate scientists is another example...no matter how reasonable and well researched their theory...it is NEVER over, these are the most dangerous times for truth since the Spanish Inquisition.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
That like saying Humans can fly without machinery, prove me wrong.

...not how science works.

Job

That"s EXACTLY how science works...do you even understand the scientific process.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
What's it called - Newton's flaming laser sword. Cutting away at Job since the beginning of time.

Job

Everything is a theory based on available evidence...that gravity exists..that a metre is metre in the entire universe...that our brains are where we think..that the Earth is round...most things have been proven to the point we put them in the almost undoubtedly true bin...but at any moment they could be proven to be 100% wrong, science requires an army of people trying to prove our idea of reality incorrect.
The second anyone says its proven, then its game over.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Of course it has. Occasionally. Natural part of the process. But the facts of our current existence (including that we're having a conversation yet are miles apart) prove that it provides us the ability to arrive at the correct answers way more than it leads us down the wrong path.

But if you can point to a different method and process that can reliably provide objective verifiable evidence that you can be confident of acting on I will never post anything on any part of the Internet ever again.

Otherwise kindly withdraw your literally pointless assertion.
Im just saying you seem to accept all scientific view points as being gospel. Where as its just what has been proven so far.

It could quite possibly be disproved especially those theories on the cutting edge. And questioning them is no bad thing it means they have to work harder to prove themselves.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Im just saying you seem to accept all scientific view points as being gospel. Where as its just what has been proven so far.
No, you're not. And no, I don't - and I've clearly argued that point many many times.

So what's happening is that you repeatedly and pointlessly interject comments of that nature despite evidence to the contrary. Q.E.D. methinks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom