SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
tumblr_nlrnt0zRxH1rx3rlbo1_500.gif

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
That guy is a fucking bell end tbf. Yes cyclists can be dicks at times but he was going behind someone that had already gone past his point of needing to stop. I drive over zebra crossings once people are clear of my side, this is no diff. Cyclists should of fucking decked him

Bullshit. What about the person on the crossing coming the other way? Weaving between pedestrians isn't allowed. When the crossing is in use, its in use, vehicles stop.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
What if a child ran through the people crossing...he is breaking the law, simple as that and his attitude shows he no doubt ignores every other road law for cyclists.
It's quite a polariser that event, revealing peoples attitudes to law breaking and standing up to them.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Some people are dicks. You can see other cyclists have stopped.

But despite the high levels of fuckwittery we still only lose one person a year to a cycle collision in the UK.

One.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
What?! You are supposed to stop at those things?!
I though they were like a finish line, so you speed up to cross it first. I thought the people waiting at the side were cheering me on when they start shouting

gohan

FH is my second home
Actually he's not breaking the law. The crossing is a right of way not an exclusion zone. He gave right of way and no one was near him when he went except Mr high horse mc cunt face who felt the need to walk backwards to prove no point whatsoever. The child comment is stupid, there is clear vision and no cars for a child to run out from so unless they fucking teleport in. Also the fact that he managed to not hit that guy with a 1 foot breaking distance shows how in control he is, was nothing illegal or dangerous in what he was doing til the ped made it dangerous

gohan

FH is my second home
Also watch it again. Opposite side black cab goes behind him as soon as he's passed (quire rightly) yet the biker is a cunt for doing the exact same thing?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Also watch it again. Opposite side black cab goes behind him as soon as he's passed (quire rightly) yet the biker is a cunt for doing the exact same thing?
This. Had he turned at the first crossing and gotten ran over you'd all say it was his own fault. Glad I live in a city which accepts cyclists

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The crossing is a right of way not an exclusion zone
If there are pedestrians on the crossing it technically is an exclusion zone (a "controlled area"). You're not allowed on it until the pedestrian crossing is complete. Relevant rules and links here (191-199).

Opposite side black cab goes behind him as soon as he's passed (quire rightly) yet the biker is a cunt for doing the exact same thing?
The fact that there is a central island means that it's technically two crossings - so the black cab is correct in moving forwards as that crossing is clear of pedestrians.

Also the bike isn't doing the "exact same thing" - it was going to pass within touching distance of the pedestrian. If the pedestrian was in the other half of the crossing then I wouldn't have a problem - but bikes spook pedestrians - whether they're in danger or not - so this cyclist was a cunt.

Interestingly, it looks like bicyles have certain exemptions - probably because they pose very little risk to pedestrians whereas cars are big heavy lethal machines.

Last edited:

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I suppose outside of that guy stopping the cyclist there is a problem here.

If this dashcam footage was uploaded, the police could easily find that taxi driver (if any wrong was actually done) where as the cyclist gets away every time unless a copper is actually there.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I suppose outside of that guy stopping the cyclist there is a problem here.

If this dashcam footage was uploaded, the police could easily find that taxi driver (if any wrong was actually done) where as the cyclist gets away every time unless a copper is actually there.

If the black cab was doing what the cyclist has done there'd be a lot of danger - high chance of lethality.

I'll repeat - despite high levels of indefensible fuckwittery (I hate cyclists who do that, I'm a pedestrian (and car driver) myself) - there is one, I repeat, one death attributed to collisions with bicycles in the UK each year.

The pigs have farrr more important things to be getting on with to protect public safety. This whole argument is simply down to car drivers being jealous that they really need to keep to the rules (or people die) when bikes, generally, are safe to not bother. Whiny motorists and their lethal, polluting toys...

Edit: To back up how safe bikes are - look at the reaction of the pedestrian to a fast-moving cyclist moving too close to him. He stands in front of the bike and stops it. I'd love to see footage of a pedestrian fronting up to a black cab doing the same....

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

Check your highway code :) Zebra crossings you should wait for the pedestrian to clear the road, the same with a pelican crossing except they have the orange flashing light which means you have to give way to pedestrians and go when clear.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
If the black cab was doing what the cyclist has done there'd be a lot of danger - high chance of lethality.

I'll repeat - despite high levels of indefensible fuckwittery (I hate cyclists who do that, I'm a pedestrian (and car driver) myself) - there is one, I repeat, one death attributed to collisions with bicycles in the UK each year.

The pigs have farrr more important things to be getting on with to protect public safety. This whole argument is simply down to car drivers being jealous that they really need to keep to the rules (or people die) when bikes, generally, are safe to not bother. Whiny motorists and their lethal, polluting toys...

Edit: To back up how safe bikes are - look at the reaction of the pedestrian to a fast-moving cyclist moving too close to him. He stands in front of the bike and stops it. I'd love to see footage of a pedestrian fronting up to a black cab doing the same....

I think that kind of approach has been proven to be a bit backwards.

I'm pretty sure there's more than 1 serious injury, just the other day someone I know was injured by a cyclist.

It's like when my primary school was on a main road, the council refused to put any kind of crossing there, because in order for a crossing to be created there needs to be a fatality or a few serious injuries in order for it to be considered.

Although you have no empathy for this example, if you have a kid crossing a zebra crossing with you, and a cyclist comes speeding behind you and scares the shit out of your kid, that could cause all sorts of problems for a young mind.

End of the day, there's rules, and that cyclist was not following the rules, and should be given a bollocking for it.

It's like cyclists jumping red lights and shit.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Actually he's not breaking the law. The crossing is a right of way not an exclusion zone. He gave right of way and no one was near him when he went except Mr high horse mc cunt face who felt the need to walk backwards to prove no point whatsoever. The child comment is stupid, there is clear vision and no cars for a child to run out from so unless they fucking teleport in. Also the fact that he managed to not hit that guy with a 1 foot breaking distance shows how in control he is, was nothing illegal or dangerous in what he was doing til the ped made it dangerous

No. You're still ignoring the person coming from the left

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think that kind of approach has been proven to be a bit backwards.
Nope. What's backward is tying up valuable police time on "crime" with negative consequences that are far outweighed by other crimes.

Trying to more harshly police cyclists who, according to DfT figures cause one death and a small number of injuries, compared to other forms of transport, per year is idiotic.

In your infinite-money world maybe we have policing resource to monitor this, essentially victimless, crime. But considering plod doesn't bother turning up to burglary complaints even when there's shit smeared all over the walls and doesn't bother to put cars on motorways to see how lethal machines are being handled (drive how you like as long as it's slowly) then policing a few arseholes who rarely do damage just isn't practical.

Police where it's most economically effective. The odd cyclist jumping a red light is a non-issue. It's closer to a pedestrian running across a crossing than it is a car. Nothing to see here. Move along...

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

But despite the high levels of fuckwittery we still only lose one person a year to a cycle collision in the UK.

One.
Thats only 1.9 million pounds. According to your rtc stats before :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Thats only 1.9 million pounds. According to your rtc stats before :)
DfT stats.

How much countrywide policing does 1.9 million buy? Should we spend it on bikes at crossings or something else?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I'm eating a really sharp, crumbly old cheese with some Branston Pickle.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Funnily enough I'm just tucking into some Butler's secret mature cheddar with some plum and ginger chutney and it takes divine!

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

One.
What's the cost of injuries then or do only deaths cost money?

I see far more cyclists doing what's shown in the clip than I do following the rules.

Job

He broke the highway code..that's it, people turn a blind eye daily to cyclists doing that because the danger level is so low and 99% of them do it sensibly.
You do however need to remind them graphically not to take the piss.

Job

With fresh , crusty white bread to dip in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom