SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The school I'm at is doing a geography trip to Iceland (we'll confiscate supermarket jokes here please) when I were a lad we went to London, once! Even then we went home early because the teacher got lost!

Our babysitter (who's 15) went to South Africa, Austria and the US on school trips this summer. She's not at private school or anything, just the local National School around the corner (which is probably where my kids will go unless I find a 100 grand down the sofa to send them private). I got to go to the Loire Valley and North Yorkshire. Woop-de-doo.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Our school went to Italy skiing, were talking 30yrs ago. @russell's daughter has just been to Kenya for 3 weeks with her school during the summer holidays

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Our school went to Italy skiing, were talking 30yrs ago. @russell's daughter has just been to Kenya for 3 weeks with her school during the summer holidays

In the summer? So did teachers go or was it more of a camp thing? I didn't even think about these benefits to teaching! Small teacher: pupil ratio so...

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I went to normandy, paris and wales for my school trips that was thirty years ago ish.

georgie

FH is my second home
Ha it was awesome..they gave my missus a big part for an extra serving all the cast drinks in the pub scene.
And they had the main character pat me on the back and say hi as he walked in.
The real extras were like wtf.

Did Jimmy fix it for you posthumously or were there budget cuts at the Make a Wish Foundation? ;)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Yes, yes I do. In fact repeatedly on this mornings commute I saw pedestrians have to dodge idiot cyclists and numerous examples of "red lights don't apply to me when I cycle"

On tomorrow's commute, stand at a busy junction and count the number of motorists who jump red lights. It will be significantly more than you've ever noticed, because you'll actively be looking for them. Also count how many motorists pass the ASL on a junction containing a cycle box - which is exactly the same offence as running a red light. You'll be astounded at the number of drivers who completely disregard the law you appear to hold in such high regard.

Guess whose law-breaking has the most potential for serious injury or death?

Most cyclists obey red lights. You only notice those who don't - hence "most cyclists run red lights". Total bollocks.

Edmond

In the summer? So did teachers go or was it more of a camp thing? I didn't even think about these benefits to teaching! Small teacher: pupil ratio so...
Yes 2 teachers went with 12 pupils. they spent week on safari, a week climbing mount Kenya and another week doing charity work at local schools

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
On tomorrow's commute, stand at a busy junction and count the number of motorists who jump red lights. It will be significantly more than you've ever noticed, because you'll actively be looking for them. Also count how many motorists pass the ASL on a junction containing a cycle box - which is exactly the same offence as running a red light. You'll be astounded at the number of drivers who completely disregard the law you appear to hold in such high regard.

Most cyclists obey red lights. You only notice those who don't - hence "most cyclists run red lights". Total bollocks.
He never claimed most did. He said he noticed a lot doing it.

And i dont think there was any discussion about what causes greater injury a two tonne vehicle or a cyclist on a bike.

Both shouldnt do it. Both do. And especially in london a lot of cyclists go through red lights as to car drivers.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
And i dont think there was any discussion about what causes greater injury a two tonne vehicle or a cyclist on a bike.
No, but there's repeated posts on here moaning about bad cyclists and very few moaning about dangerous drivers - and to top that, the cyclists are talked about in the same tone - like there's some sort of equivalency of offence, when there's absolutley nothing of the sort...

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
No, but there's repeated posts on here moaning about bad cyclists and very few moaning about dangerous drivers - and to top that, the cyclists are talked about in the same tone - like there's some sort of equivalency of offence, when there's absolutley nothing of the sort...
The action is the same. The consequence could obviously be very different.

As far as i know all of freddys who cycle, drive as well.

So fall into both camps. You are not touchy about saying some car drivers are wankers. So i dont see why you are that touchy when its said some cyclists are wankers.

Anyone with a brain knows its not every cyclist like its not every car driver.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Its riding on the carriageway when there is a dedicated 4ft wide cycle path that fucking freaks me out...it is always without exception some 35+ wankstain in lycra on a 2K bike, doing 15mph with 30 cars stuck behind him.
The sheer cuntness and pigheadedness of these pricks, god knows what they must be like in social situations.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Its riding on the carriageway when there is a dedicated 4ft wide cycle path that fucking freaks me out...it is always without exception some 35+ wankstain in lycra on a 2K bike, doing 15mph with 30 cars stuck behind him.
The sheer cuntness and pigheadedness of these pricks, god knows what they must be like in social situations.
Been through this before:
1) Nothing wrong with it.
2) There's most likely something very wrong with the cycle path. Especially if it's a roadie.

Oh, and 3) those 30 cars are wankstains - because they can't overtake a thing that's slower than a tractor and a lot less wide.

Edmond

Oh, and 3) those 30 cars are wankstains - because they can't overtake a thing that's slower than a tractor and a lot less wide.

This. I find myself stuck behind 4-5 cars due to a cyclist up front, but it's not the cyclist that's the problem, it's the numpty who feels they have to ride the path on the opposite side of the road just to get past the bike. Idiots who have no spacial awareness in the car they've driving

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
We went to Germany.

It was shit. Except for the butterfly knives.
I don't understand the fascination of Berlin. Shit people and culture if you ask me. The history is great, but it's all in German so meh

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I don't understand the fascination of Berlin. Shit people and culture if you ask me. The history is great, but it's all in German so meh

I didn't go to Berlin, was another place miles away.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
"I see far more cyclists doing what's shown in the clip than I do following the rules." = most
He sees. Doesnt mean most do. But what he observes. He maybe in cycle bad hotspot. Your getting your tampon in a twist. Remove it and use a moon cup.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

I actually did that experiment a few years back for several days (I even mentioned it on here) in central Dublin, where drivers are awful. Bikes ran red lights with abandon, cars didn't. The main car offence was idiots who don't know how a box junction works (which seems to be "everyone in Ireland") but no, I saw a few amber-gamblers, but no red light runners. Bikes on the other hand I even saw run a red light on a one-way street from the wrong direction!

To qualify your point, most cyclists don't run all red lights, but most do run some. A few cars do run red lights too, but tend not to do it in traffic, whereas cyclists do. And finally, you're certainly correct that a car can do far more damage, but a cyclist is taking far more personal risk, who is dumber?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I actually did that experiment a few years back for several days (I even mentioned it on here) in central Dublin, where drivers are awful. Bikes ran red lights with abandon, cars didn't. The main car offence was idiots who don't know how a box junction works (which seems to be "everyone in Ireland") but no, I saw a few amber-gamblers, but no red light runners. Bikes on the other hand I even saw run a red light on a one-way street from the wrong direction!

To qualify your point, most cyclists don't run all red lights, but most do run some. A few cars do run red lights too, but tend not to do it in traffic, whereas cyclists do. And finally, you're certainly correct that a car can do far more damage, but a cyclist is taking far more personal risk, who is dumber?

Yeah that's because if a cyclist jumps a red and gets hit by a car and dies, the car has killed someone in the point of view of statistics.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah that's because if a cyclist jumps a red and gets hit by a car and dies, the car has killed someone in the point of view of statistics.
cycletable.jpg
11,929 incidents involving cyclists were included - accounting for two-thirds of all bike accidents in 2010. Of these, 48 per cent did not record a contributory factor as a reason for the accident. From this, we can conclude that 52 per cent of bikes involved in accidents contributed in some way towards the incident.

This compares favourably to other modes of transport - 65 per cent of motorcycles were in some way implicated, compared to 59 per cent for cars. Buses and coaches came off slightly better with an implication rate of 49 per cent.

Again, these statistics are based on rapid assessments after the incidents rather than extensive reports, as the DfT admits. They even concede some of the judgements may be due to police preconceptions about certain vehicle user groups.

And of course, contributed doesn't mean responsible for.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Been through this before:
1) Nothing wrong with it.
2) There's most likely something very wrong with the cycle path. Especially if it's a roadie.

Thats the classic answer...a two lane 60mph carriageway...you can't overtake the bike till the outside lane is clear, and of course, it's full of people getting by the obstruction...the cyclepath is immaculate..they just do it because they can and have some bizarre personality to risk their lives for a point and get off on the abuse they recieve.
It's a seperated path with 4ft of grass between it and the road...99% of riders use it, you would have to be a grade A cock not to...but every morning there is one.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Watch it lads, the world is probably about to implode. Job is right again.

I had to sit behind some sweaty cunt on a bike yesterday as he decided the perfect, brand new 2 lane purpose built cycle path wasn't for him and instead decided he wanted to ride at 10mph though a long stretch of roadworks with a designated speed of 40mph.

You know the type, in a low gear, peddling furiously but not actually going anywhere, completely oblivious to his surroundings or the long snake of traffic behind him.

BUT ITS OK HE HAS A RIGHT TO BE THERE OMG!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Tom
Top Bottom