SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If you drive a lot, you encounter shouty dickheads, its all part of driving in the UK
Fixed.

I think it's the pressure-cooker UK environment that does it. I've driven a lot in other countries and, weird local foibles aside, every single one of them has been less stressful than the UK*.

Yes, we do rules well, but we're not nice to each other on the road - and that's down to time pressure IMO.

*apart from India. That was nuts. And fun. But nuts**

**but fun. :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Fixed.

I think it's the pressure-cooker UK environment that does it. I've driven a lot in other countries and, weird local foibles aside, every single one of them has been less stressful than the UK*.

Yes, we do rules well, but we're not nice to each other on the road - and that's down to time pressure IMO.

*apart from India. That was nuts. And fun. But nuts**

**but fun. :)

Ooh, no, lots and lots of places more stressful to drive in than the UK. Italy and Portugal in Europe, the US (Jesus, terrible drivers doing random shit all the time),Russia. And that's without third-world shitiness. I'm always quietly impressed by the general standard of driving in the UK whenever I'm back (definitely better than Ireland by a hell of a long way). I agree the crowding is a problem but even then I've seen worse. The only thing I'd say is a real UK specific thing is that horrible snippy begrudgery; "oh I won't let him out he's in a BMW. Cunt", "Get out of my way, I'm in a BMW, peasant". The last bastion of class warfare.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't have an issue with the standard of driving in the UK @DaGaffer - I find the UK to be about the best in the world.

But the US, Italy, Spain, Europe in general - you simply don't get road-rage - whereas in the UK it's almost a weekly thing if you do a lot of miles. Along with it being the only country on the planet where I've ever been "buzzed" on my bike - deliberately had someone drop a gear and get within inches of me for "shitz and gigglez".

Pressure-cooker UK makes cunts. :(

The only thing I'd say is a real UK specific thing is that horrible snippy begrudgery; "oh I won't let him out he's in a BMW. Cunt", "Get out of my way, I'm in a BMW, peasant". The last bastion of class warfare.
I don't see this as class warfare at all. You can have vauxhall novas doing the same thing to each other. I'd hang my hat on time pressure. People are desparate to get places - quick. Driving eats into your life.

DaGaffer

I don't have an issue with the standard of driving in the UK @DaGaffer - I find the UK to be about the best in the world.

But the US, Italy, Spain, Europe in general - you simply don't get road-rage - whereas in the UK it's almost a weekly thing if you do a lot of miles. Along with it being the only country on the planet where I've ever been "buzzed" on my bike - deliberately had someone drop a gear and get within inches of me for "shitz and gigglez".

Pressure-cooker UK makes cunts. :(

You do get road rage, especially in the US, along with lots of extra batshit craziness (drunks, teenagers, random gunplay). I don't know why the UK gets the bad rep as the home of road rage, its a bit like the reputation for football hooligans, everyone else has them as well, and often worse.

I don't see this as class warfare at all. You can have vauxhall novas doing the same thing to each other. I'd hang my hat on time pressure. People are desparate to get places - quick. Driving eats into your life.

Nah. On this very forum plenty of people vilify Audi drivers in particular; and I've seen it from personal experience; when I drove a BMW 330 no fucker would ever let me out of a side junction; when I swapped the BMW for a 350Z, which ostensibly is a much more flashy, aggressive looking car, it was nothing but smiles and courtesy. People seem to have this mental map of "brands driven by arseholes", which mainly consists of posh German brands and Ferraris, and brands driven by good eggs or loveable rogues (Jaaags, Astons, anything old).

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Having the age of the car so prominent on the number plate doesn't help with the snobbery either.

DaGaffer

Having the age of the car so prominent on the number plate doesn't help with the snobbery either.

You have that in Ireland as well, but I don't see anything like the same levels of snobbery.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
13765871_977859245659597_7524814759066953139_o.jpg

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Awesome, but only works once..second vid is a death spin.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
So, after 5 years I may be getting a new phone. My Samsung Galaxy S2 may get replaced by the Note7. Impressive spexs, but not cheap. £700+ for a SIM free. Out August

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
What do you use tape for? Sealing envelopes?

What's next? You spilled all of your ink and your favourite quill broke?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I tape my waxed moustache ends at night so they don't mess up my sleeping cap tassels. And I own enough swans not to worry about one broken quill pen. It's making sure the peacocks don't crap on my duck moat that I have to worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom