This strafing discussion.

Loch

Fledgling Freddie
Everyone, answer this question in the silence of your hearts.

wh0 rox.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Maeloch said:
Tell you what....these hypocrites dont fucking like it cos anyone can do it, and puts peeps on a lvl playing field. Unlike 2 bots per grp which only powergamers can do.

Anyone who uses a bot and don't like strafe is a fucking hypocrite simple as that, both legal features, and both stink depending on ur PoV. Peeps are just pick and mixing what legal cheats they'd like to use imo.

Mael, 50th ment.

I got a buffbot cause it was useless to play unbuffed vs 80% buffed opponents (and now its more like 98%)

I'll resort to strafing if 80% of the players does it, however, only a small % does it so far.

Do I actually have to remind Maelstrom that they were the ones complaining over PE using strafe. And they started to strafe "only vs PE". Remeber the QQ vid with Zerach vs Arid ("HI DER LAGSTRAFER3434") ? And now, it's suddenly a nice intended feature of DaoC?

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
funneh 7 pages whine about the most pointless discussion ever
1st there is a strafekey in options which you can bind (its right below the turnkey)

2nd it says nowhere that strafing is against the CoC

3rd mythic already admitted its working as intended afaik

4th plz tell me where is the point in standing still and give free rps when assist train is hitting you?
translation for roleplayers = would the mighty knight in his shiny plate let his opponent beat the crap out of him because its unfair to dodge the blow ?

5th there are ways to counter it if ppl dont use them ..well their problem

6th if you dont like it stop playing daoc instead of making 1-2 pointless whine threads about it per week rly it gets boring...

7th cry more noobs xD (soz just had to say this^^)

Yes_me

Fledgling Freddie
Well all 10-year olds, booo-motherxxxing hooo.

"He MOVED when i tried to kill him, how DARE HE!??"

Piss off all strafe-whiners. It's perfecly ok NOT to hang out the pecker in order for you gits to kill with ease.

Sick of reading this utter bs about strafing being cheats.

Lay off it you sorry losers.

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
Yes_me said:
Well all 10-year olds, booo-motherxxxing hooo.

"He MOVED when i tried to kill him, how DARE HE!??"

Piss off all strafe-whiners. It's perfecly ok NOT to hang out the pecker in order for you gits to kill with ease.

Sick of reading this utter bs about strafing being cheats.

Lay off it you sorry losers.
why u made a new fh account just to reply this thread ? :m00:

Fadeh

Fledgling Freddie
Araudry said:

Because he wants it to seem that more people think this is ok than it really isnt i guess.

Smart guys around :)

B0wnz

Fledgling Freddie
well. im not sure from the first few posts ive seen are right to how lag strafe( at least what i thought it was ) in a fight i strafe as does my enemy we run thru each other hoping to land a side of back style, it can be a long fight, can get annoying as some do it better then others but heh shit happens.
as for lag strafing i came across this. a guy i go to fight strafes away from be, doesnt fight, just strafes, i follow but can not hit him . to far , use sprint , but still his to far, strafing is far slower then running and even if sprinting i shud get to him. nope not once did i hit him again he ended up a far way off me. then pop his gone , cant see him any more, /face kicks in and his now behind me a long way away and runs off to witch i cant catch.
that to me is lag strafe cheating, ilot of bards/druids do this and a few healers/shammy (cant say alb as i play 1 and dont fight em).
ive seen a solo bard badly do this and lag strafed away from a minstrel speed group + sprinting and he just dissapeared out of view.
wont say his name . but i will givf some of u who know/knew him a clue.
he once played in alb as a cleric ^^ ( twice deleted i think) and was in sotl :)
that took place as we ran by mpk emain and he was shadowing us in the backgroud , just about saw him :p

tho the lag strafe i have said about . is some 1 strafing and moving the daoc screen in windowed mode or how ever that is done?

Yes_me

Fledgling Freddie
Araudry said:

Because it's my first post here ffs, so stuff it.

You guys (Faddddddeeeeh and Arrrrauuuuudryyyyy) probably think that JFK was killed by CIA. Interpreting things that are not there.

If strafing is cheat (which it aint), then i'm a cheater.

remi

Fledgling Freddie
daoc_xianghua said:
funneh 7 pages whine about the most pointless discussion ever
1st there is a strafekey in options which you can bind (its right below the turnkey)

2nd it says nowhere that strafing is against the CoC

3rd mythic already admitted its working as intended afaik

4th plz tell me where is the point in standing still and give free rps when assist train is hitting you?
translation for roleplayers = would the mighty knight in his shiny plate let his opponent beat the crap out of him because its unfair to dodge the blow ?

5th there are ways to counter it if ppl dont use them ..well their problem

i agweee :worthy:

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
Yes_me said:
Because it's my first post here ffs, so stuff it.

You guys (Faddddddeeeeh and Arrrrauuuuudryyyyy) probably think that JFK was killed by CIA. Interpreting things that are not there.

If strafing is cheat (which it aint), then i'm a cheater.
still dont prove u didnt made new fh account.. :p
i m so curious who is ur chars anyways? proly a bd or something i bet ^^

Yes_me

Fledgling Freddie
Ohh. poor Faaaaddeeeeh and Arrruaddryy. Seems like they havent gotten their free kills lately. Does it hurt? Does it? Guess so.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
ok...

Its not fair, people dont like it, its not against CoC nor anyother agreement we have accepted, so pleeeeeeease stop QQ'ing, and for yes me, stop qq'ing because your life sucks :<

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
Fadeh said:
Its a bug i think. Im sure not all who has "/face lagged" window dragged. Well im not exactly sure. I have never played any classes who used /face that much.

to make one thing clear:

You dont have to "abuse" to lag when you run around, see an anemy and /face and case ae mez, if you have a "not-up-to-date" pc or is running a buffbot or another program or something in the background, your char will seem to be lagging forward for 2-3 seconds... something that is sucky, i agree... but just because some people abuse to lag-cast dosent mean every single fucking lag cast done in the game is done by purpose and is an abuse..

Even when tanks run at eachother one on one and stick one of em may cast a lag image that the other tank will folow, making the one casting the lag (not on purpose, by the same reasons as above) folow the peron folowing the lag.. making a few seconds of folowing lags etc... i saw this once or twice in Aegirhamn, and when the opponent of the one with the lag lost, he started throwing him full of shit and QQ'ing all over about how he was gonna report him to mythic etc bla bla bla.... (im not saying i didnt do it.. im just saying that when people hear about a thing called lag abuse, they start blaming everything they see[Just like with ToA... just cause people read that it will be sucky by people on VN boards etc they folow along and say that its the biggest piece of crap ever, without ever having played it themself.. get my point?] )

I think people need to calm down abit and understand that not every single lag that is done out there is done on purpose..

Just my opinion... flame away ;) :flame:

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Aoln said:
Seems mostly Mids protecting lag strafing and Albs condeming it :eek:

No, in general most people refrain from it. Just a small minority shouting louder than the silent majority.

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Yes_me said:
Ohh. poor Faaaaddeeeeh and Arrruaddryy. Seems like they havent gotten their free kills lately. Does it hurt? Does it? Guess so.

LOL, another retard hiding behind a stupid nick. :(

TruthBTold

Fledgling Freddie
Dreami said:
LOL, another retard hiding behind a stupid nick. :(

Yes, anyone who dares to question PE and doesnt show their in-game nick on these boards = retard. Very reasoned.

Think it's pretty clear to all with any in-game issue, that unless PE are doing it, or it gives them an advantage, or it makes them look better, or unless they are the first to do it, or unless it makes them more RP's, or unless it is their video, or if you don't agree with them, or unless you are gratzing their RR11 player, or unless Fadeh says it is OK, IT IS WRONG. The sooner people start realising this the quicker they can complete Total Prydwen Domination.

Embrace the PE machine, don't fight it.

remi

Fledgling Freddie
TruthBTold said:
Think it's pretty clear to all with any in-game issue, that unless PE are doing it, or it gives them an advantage, or it makes them look better, or unless they are the first to do it, or unless it makes them more RP's, or unless it is their video, or if you don't agree with them, or unless you are gratzing their RR11 player, or unless Fadeh says it is OK, IT IS WRONG. The sooner people start realising this the quicker they can complete Total Prydwen Domination.

hahahahahah, soo true :clap:

nick

Fledgling Freddie
TruthBTold said:
Yes, anyone who dares to question PE and doesnt show their in-game nick on these boards = retard. Very reasoned.

I don't entirely agree with your post but I must admit there are some half truths in there. :cheers:

Don't ever let fadeh loose in a toy store though.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
TruthBTold said:

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
you really are one PE obsessed & frustrated player arent you?

funny you hate them but you fear them to hate you so you use a different nick to spam all your frustrations with! what a hero!

change name to FrustrationsBSpammed imo, much more fitting

same with the YesMe guy, prolly another frustrated n00b who fears to be flamed over the net!!
speaking of free kills: lets meet in odins some time and ill show you the true meaning of 'free kills'

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
TruthBTold said:

ah so it s proly u that have many fh account :m00:
such a name truth be told... yes me... and maybe more who knows :x
get a life imo :eek:

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
TruthBTold said:

:wij: hehehehe nice

harm

Fledgling Freddie
TruthBTold said:

Olol, comment of the year

:clap: :clap: :clap:

lourker

Fledgling Freddie
TruthBTold said:

Aye nice;o

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom